EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Getting disconnected all the time on Lazarus Project (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42906)

Ksarish 05-01-2020 09:44 AM

Getting disconnected all the time on Lazarus Project

Hi there,

I got a problem, I played before on P1999 and never had any problems connecting to the server. (Titanium Client)
But I've tryed Project Lazarus recently (ROF2 client), and I get some serious connection problems, I can log in, but when I get in game, I get disconnected just 10s after, this happen when I'm playing on my DSL connection, but when I switch to my mobile phone connection this problem disapear.
I tried turning off IPV6, but it get me to the character selection menu and get kicked when I try to enter the server.

If anyone have a clue for this.

mizzy 05-13-2020 12:42 AM

Same issue

1st time playing emu , when i set eveything up , loaded game , my 1st issue was no servers listed , closed game reopened same thing. Reset modem , and tried again , and bam servers. Got in Lazarus , made a troll druid cause cool beans = ). Ran around PoK looking for custom bst pets to look at to see what i wanted to make at some point and talked in /ooc for 30mins or so , someone mentioned an ogre cleric is kinda cool to play/solo cause its more battle cleric , i was like sweet never played much cleric. Rerolled an ogre clr and played for 4-5 hours in glooming deep , got to lvl 8 most quests done there.

Got a modem retrain (its a constant battle for me outside of 10pm-8am est). Tried to log back in and within 10-20 seconds of just starting to run around , got a DC to toon selection. That is now my limbo , ive reset my modem several times , been through a bunch of retrains also, ive followed http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327 (i have a amd fx 6300 6 core so dunno if this thread even applies to me) , also looked at port forwarding which my modem was factory reset earlier so there is no forwarding set up that i know of or saw when i was in the settings. My eq.exe in task manager is set to core 0 , ive tried compatibility mode on the eq shortcut (im on win 10) for xp/7/8. Dunno what to do outside of ask here and in discord , and occasionally try to log in and see if magic happens lol.

Also , im on a 3mb at&t dsl connection. Its by no means a good connection , its retrains 10-50 times a day during daylight hours , at night it can go anywhere from none to 10 , usually very little which is when i play online stuff. It also isnt always at 3mb speed , when it reconnects automatically from a retrain it sticks where ever it can , ive seen as low as 1100 kbps - my max 3552kbps.

mizzy 05-13-2020 05:07 AM

Fixed ???

OK , so after making toons of different class/race combos and starting locations (after and during a discussion with Dhay) we noticed that only PoK got my toons stuck in a DC loop. So everything i posted earlier turned out irrelevant in the end. I dont know the exact issue , but while testing PEQ / EZ servers PoK , a Qwerty chatted me up in discord and asked a bunch o ?'s , after awhile they mentioned why not add the patches from before 3/23/20 (the lazarus.zip was/is supposed to be up to date till that date and you should only need to patch whats posted after that date.), so id spend 3 hours going over this issue at this point , so i was like why the heck not , it could only make it worse , at this point i even made a new fresh install setup and login acct with no success. So patching 1 of the folders wouldnt effect the other. I added / patched the following , which one was the fix idk. dbstr_us.txt , SkillCaps.txt , and or GlobalLoad.txt . Could have been one or any combo of them but those 3 i drag'd and dropped and overwrote where they needed to go , all are before 3/23/20 (the lazarus.zip updated version according to the timestamps). Im currently in PoK no DC on a woodelf druid i ran there before i did those patches and he got stuck in the DC loop.

So currently im thinking that fixed it , im still gonna log in to some other toons and start in pok on new ones , or run there and test if they DC.

Ksarish 05-15-2020 08:29 AM

Thx a lot, I'll try it and see if it change something ;)

mizzy 05-15-2020 03:27 PM

yeah , i was ecstatic at the time, unfortunately dont think that was it now. I guess the issue comes and goes atleast for me. So it fixed itself while I did those patches , turned out next play session it came right back and i tried to repatch those same files and nada. So as of now , its a on/off thing at random. Ive since just gone to the forest server, its got custom stuff too , but its different , not what i wanted to play but , no issues playing so im happy. If ya find out anything let me know , would love to play my ogre clr / ranger again.

Ksarish 06-03-2020 08:50 PM

Well, I found out that problem was comming from my ISP box/modem/router.
It was filtering some ports, changed ISP and now things seems to work.