EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Bots (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   Beastlord agro issue (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41245)

Mistmaker 03-26-2017 02:10 PM

Beastlord agro issue

Have a problem with Beastlords bots instantly taking agro and dieing. I have players that play Warriors with tons of agro gear and they are not able to keep agro from Beastlord bots.

I have tested this with naked level 70 Beastlord bots with a Tank bot and agro weapons. As soon as mob is engaged they take agro and die. I have also tested this with fully geared bots and they still take agro.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a fix for it?

Uleat 03-26-2017 03:07 PM

Is it only beastlord and does it only occur at lvl 70(+)?

Mistmaker 03-26-2017 03:17 PM

I have not noticed it before level 70 and players running with Beaslord bots at lower levels have not had this issue. I have not tested it at lower levels, but can do that.

I have tested with two accounts and players have had this isse since the changes to 2H / shield issue was fixed.

Uleat 03-26-2017 04:37 PM

I need some more criteria for this one..

Beastlord weapon types?

What mobs are being fought?

Watching trash mobs, agro seems normal (and bounces) at levels 63 and 70.

Mistmaker 03-26-2017 04:45 PM

I will do more testing and get back to you on this.

atrayas 03-26-2017 06:24 PM

Probably a spell adding an unintentional amount of aggro, id check there spell set and cross reference the list of available spells in the editor and see.

tdanger84 03-26-2017 06:25 PM

mobs HATE slows

Uleat 03-26-2017 07:09 PM

I jumped over to VP and tried there...

My beastlord did seem to keep agro a lot more there.

Could it be the series of DoTs it's casting?

atrayas 03-27-2017 11:00 AM

I have had issues with dots in the past creating an insane amount of hate but i thought that issue was resolved. It is worth a look though to ensure that is not it.

Mistmaker 03-27-2017 11:22 AM

I did a couple more testing on level 71-72 mobs. I used two level 70 Cleric players that are not GM enabled and separate accounts. Under both tests the Beastlord were naked.

Is it possible that when their pet dies the agro transfers to the beastlord? I have pets beefed up especially the last pet that pet classes get at level 70. I do see the pet taking a lot of agro too. I also noticed that the Beastlord bot lost his pet and instantly died right after. I didn't notice any crazy spell castings or spam other than them healing their own pet. I do have this activated, but not really sure it does anything as I have not noticed a change.

Pets tank:
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, '^41,1') WHERE id < 1000;

Maybe a future change would be to allow Beastlord bots to go into a pet heal mode instead of in melee range using #bot stance 2 (efficient)? I think it would be great to have a "light" backup healer and also the pet DPS as an option.

Random Gamer 04-18-2017 06:18 PM

A wee bit of a necro...

But use #hatelist and keep track of the hate.

I've had a few instances where a random bot will get like 49328348893 agro... where a player is generating normal amounts.

It doesn't always happen, I haven't been able to track it down.. HOWEVER

#hatelist... a LOT to see what is up.

Mistmaker 04-19-2017 01:05 AM

Thanks for the tip! I have not see the issue since my bots have been upgraded though. I will post back here again if it happens again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random Gamer (Post 254302)
A wee bit of a necro...

But use #hatelist and keep track of the hate.

I've had a few instances where a random bot will get like 49328348893 agro... where a player is generating normal amounts.

It doesn't always happen, I haven't been able to track it down.. HOWEVER

#hatelist... a LOT to see what is up.