EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Challenging solo server? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44001)

bosmer25 12-15-2023 11:26 PM

Challenging solo server?

Does such a server exist? One that is semi legit,mobs that are challenging yet still soloable.Server with no overpowered abilities to level you fast and with working quests?

Nuclearism 03-01-2024 02:27 PM

Yes its called Imperium, me on the other hand i'm trying to find a way to download some repack which i can just click and play alone my god its impossible to set up this god damn offline server. But yeah try Imperium the server was tweaked for solo and duo play

kromaz 03-16-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclearism (Post 269628)
Yes its called Imperium, me on the other hand i'm trying to find a way to download some repack which i can just click and play alone my god its impossible to set up this god damn offline server. But yeah try Imperium the server was tweaked for solo and duo play

I was looking for a similar type of server. I will have to give the Imperium server a try. Thanks for the info! :)

Vire70 05-04-2024 01:41 PM

Imperium can't really qualify as solo imo, given that most of the custom content just isn't soloable. The further you go the truer that gets, but iirc around GoD stuff it becomes basically required you duo/box.

For anyone viewing this now, I think better suggestions would be these three servers;
-The Heroes' Journey
This server has multiclass at lvl 1, you pick 3 classes and get all the skills/spells of them. Also has enhanced gear that can drop from rare mobs (like same items but 1.5 times stats/dmg). Many other things that are cool. This server is strictly solo, no boxing and no bots.

-City Raiders. Pretty cool server I've tried recently, it's something like Innoruuk took control of all the cities and now they are all KOS. So you can go and kill all the merchants and guards in all the towns. Each city is sort of in a natural progression so you start out in freeport or grobb at lvl 1. Great if you like killing guards or merchants. Also has custom loot from rare mobs in the cities. You get 2 bots here but no boxing.

-Dreth. I found this one by chance in list, it's a lot more normal than above two but is another multiclass server. The dev made it so the classes are combined like Cleric is disabled but Pally gets all Cleric abilities/spells/skills. Same for Shadowknight (gets all Necro), Ranger (gets all Druid), etc. Also some of the weaker classes like Beserker and Rogue have custom abilities, ie. Rogue gets a lifetap slash they can use with endurance every 5s or so, distract abilities (lull), more invis, special backstab attacks, etc. You get 1 bot on this server (and can box if you want, but I didn't and didn't find it necessary), the bot has the combined abilities of the classes as well now.

tmoney2983 05-05-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vire70 (Post 269759)
Imperium can't really qualify as solo imo, given that most of the custom content just isn't soloable. The further you go the truer that gets, but iirc around GoD stuff it becomes basically required you duo/box.

For anyone viewing this now, I think better suggestions would be these three servers;
-The Heroes' Journey
This server has multiclass at lvl 1, you pick 3 classes and get all the skills/spells of them. Also has enhanced gear that can drop from rare mobs (like same items but 1.5 times stats/dmg). Many other things that are cool. This server is strictly solo, no boxing and no bots.

-City Raiders. Pretty cool server I've tried recently, it's something like Innoruuk took control of all the cities and now they are all KOS. So you can go and kill all the merchants and guards in all the towns. Each city is sort of in a natural progression so you start out in freeport or grobb at lvl 1. Great if you like killing guards or merchants. Also has custom loot from rare mobs in the cities. You get 2 bots here but no boxing.

-Dreth. I found this one by chance in list, it's a lot more normal than above two but is another multiclass server. The dev made it so the classes are combined like Cleric is disabled but Pally gets all Cleric abilities/spells/skills. Same for Shadowknight (gets all Necro), Ranger (gets all Druid), etc. Also some of the weaker classes like Beserker and Rogue have custom abilities, ie. Rogue gets a lifetap slash they can use with endurance every 5s or so, distract abilities (lull), more invis, special backstab attacks, etc. You get 1 bot on this server (and can box if you want, but I didn't and didn't find it necessary), the bot has the combined abilities of the classes as well now.

Vire70, you da real MVP. This is a very good list. Been trying to find something that scratched the itch that Irreverent Server left. I'll have to try these other servers out. Dreth has me intrigued...