EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Archive::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=615)
-   -   New Login Server beta test (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13999)

Edgar1898 05-27-2004 10:40 AM

New Login Server beta test

OK, I believe it is ready to be beta tested on a larger scale. Please read the following notes before copying and pasting the info into your eqhost.txt file.

Notes:
1. You can only connect to 5.7-DR4 versions as eqlive changed a few things that were sent to the world server and the old versions wont recognize the client without it.

2. This is a beta, expect things not to work and for it to go down frequently as I try to fix things.

3. That said, please post any non obvious bugs to this post so I know what to fix. Here is a list of known issues: Chat doesnt work because its not important right now, Quick login works only sometimes, you get a time out error after about a minute of non activity, server list isnt updated unless you relogin.

Obviously some of these things will be fixed sometime soon, but rather than wait until they were all fixed, I decided to go ahead and open it up to you guys.

Copy and paste the following to your eqhost file:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5995

PS: PacketCollector has been updated as well:
http://www.eqemulator.net/PacketCollector.zip

Jezebell 05-27-2004 10:59 AM

woot!! great job Lethal!

Tangeleno 05-27-2004 11:16 AM

DR 4 is for the 18th patch or the 26th patch?

Edgar1898 05-27-2004 11:57 AM

26th

KhaN 05-27-2004 12:05 PM

Great Job, all work good here, thanks LethalEncounter for your help on IRC.

5.7DR4 is compatible with 26th Live patch.

Jezebell 05-27-2004 12:13 PM

This might be a little off topic Lethal but I have noticed on DR4 that #level is broken, it always says you have no target, tried untargetting retargetting to no avail, this happens on both mine and Khans server.

ReHaB 05-27-2004 12:47 PM

Still no go?

Just patched today 5/27/04... changed my eqhost.txt to read

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5995

Still no go... wont even attempt to log in... just pretty much exits the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ReHaB

::EDIT::

Got it to log in... turns out when i was trying to log in it was trying to add stuff onto my eqhost.txt file.... after many attempts i finally got it... but when i try to log on i still get either 1017 or i get an error message saying EqEmu.exe (Renamed my shortcut to that) needs to close.... Once again any help would be awesome.

Xeptix 05-27-2004 01:00 PM

I get that same problem, it boots up the client no problem, it all looks fine up until the login, i put in username and password, click login, it waits about 2 seconds, then moniter changes resolution as if its trying to load something, then program disappears into desktop

EDIT

yah i solved the problem the same way the last poster apparently did, just change eqhost.txt to read-only and the new server "s-mitchell" that it tries to add as login server, will not be added, and it loads the server select screen, however none of them will actually allow you to log in, they all go back to the login screen before server select

KhaN 05-27-2004 01:05 PM

The best way to get it work is to patch to live, download EQHOST.TXT and edit the file with wordpad and save. If you try to create EQHOST.TXT, it will crash.

Swampdog 05-27-2004 01:12 PM

Has DR4 been tested with Minilogin.exe yet or is there going to need to be a new minilogin or is it a non-issue? In testing quests for EQA, I like to test everything while offline while I'm dong the development. If this is something that you'll need help testing, just say the word. :D

Xeptix 05-27-2004 01:16 PM

i see 5 people on EQEmu s-legit which is DR4 host as of an hour ago.

i obviously cannot login to the server w/ the may 18th patch files as the server sports the recent patch, so does this mean those 5 people have gotten this new login to work correctly?

Eff_You15 05-27-2004 01:28 PM

I logged in successfully and went to the EQA server and char creation / Entering world all worked.

RangerDown 05-27-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

2. This is a beta, expect things not to work and for it to go down frequently as I try to fix things.
You and the DX9 engine both :lol:

Xeptix 05-27-2004 01:35 PM

arrr! tryin many things and cant get it to load the server up after logging into the server select screen, anyone able to relate and has found a fix?

EDIT

got it >_< now if only EQEmu s-legit would come back online

Patreecia 05-27-2004 01:55 PM

I also get booted out of eq when i click on loggin

Edit: i got in, i can create a character and stuff, but i cant log on the characters