EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Blast from the Past! (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40971)

GeorgeS 10-13-2016 04:12 PM

Blast from the Past!

Hi all,

I had so many people ask where I have been, and in truth, was away for a year. I've been around for 13 :) or so years, but anyway been busy in rl, new job, house, car, same wife lol.

Finished my ultima IV rewrite, and got some notoriety out of it. Cool game if some of you remember it? Works very nicely and is fully customisable.

I was emailed by admin and told about updating the georges eqemu tools to the newest schema, so I'm back now, and working on the tools so they work as they did then. i'm sorry - I should have been more pro-active about these things,

Sorry about the depreciation of the tools, but they should be ok to get working again. Just give me time and I'll get you an estimate and progress bar on each tool completion. I'll probably have some progress on the core tools like eqitems and npcloot editor.

If you guys have issues and need me asap, just email me at wizardportal@email dot com and I'll check back.

Thanks,
GeorgeS :oops:

DanCanDo 10-13-2016 05:00 PM

YES !! Welcome Back :)
I've been using the last NPC Edit tool that was ever available for download and I would
seriously look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Akkadius 10-13-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeS (Post 251744)
Hi all,

I had so many people ask where I have been, and in truth, was away for a year. I've been around for 13 :) or so years, but anyway been busy in rl, new job, house, car, same wife lol.

Finished my ultima IV rewrite, and got some notoriety out of it. Cool game if some of you remember it? Works very nicely and is fully customisable.

I was emailed by admin and told about updating the georges eqemu tools to the newest schema, so I'm back now, and working on the tools so they work as they did then. i'm sorry - I should have been more pro-active about these things,

Sorry about the depreciation of the tools, but they should be ok to get working again. Just give me time and I'll get you an estimate and progress bar on each tool completion. I'll probably have some progress on the core tools like eqitems and npcloot editor.

If you guys have issues and need me asap, just email me at wizardportal@email dot com and I'll check back.

Thanks,
GeorgeS :oops:

George! Nice to see you again!

If you want to stay connected with us we are in discord!

https://discord.gg/tmUYC

N0ctrnl 10-13-2016 05:00 PM

Hot damn! Welcome back :)

ChaosSlayerZ 10-13-2016 05:06 PM

WELCOME BACK GEORGE!!!

I always loved your tool set! ;)

Toony 10-13-2016 05:27 PM

Wb GeorgeS!

Scorpious2k 10-13-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Hi all

Welcome back!!

blackdragonsdg 10-13-2016 07:46 PM

Welcome Back!

Darkscis 10-13-2016 09:41 PM

Quote:

Welcome back. Would be very interested in seeing this, got a link?

Funnily enough, I am currently in the process of importing Ultima Underworld 1 into an EQEmu server. I have all 8 levels modelled and working in game. Currently working on doors/bridges before I start on scripts before finally getting into items/npc's/classes/spells etc.

Gregk 10-14-2016 11:06 AM

Welcome back. Missed the tools.

GeorgeS 10-14-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkscis (Post 251776)
Welcome back. Would be very interested in seeing this, got a link?

Funnily enough, I am currently in the process of importing Ultima Underworld 1 into an EQEmu server. I have all 8 levels modelled and working in game. Currently working on doors/bridges before I start on scripts before finally getting into items/npc's/classes/spells etc.

Thanks all,

Wow, y'all here and glad to see everyone still going strong with the project!

I got the eq server files installed last night and managed to install vb on win10, so far so good. I have a win7 pc which is ok for this.

Next is testing the installed db and tools, and seeing what is requred.

If you want the ultima iv rewrite, it's ~7.5mb, and I can email it. Just let me know your email.

George

Maze_EQ 10-14-2016 01:30 PM

Omg hi youre back yasss new tools inc

Amra 10-15-2016 08:00 AM

Welcome back, George!

I'd love to try Ultima iv. That was the first one I played on my ole Atari ST. Will PM my email address. Ty =)

Kayen 10-16-2016 05:28 PM

Nice to see your back.

Still using your tools though at this point at has become more of a hack job then anything else to make them functional.

Can't wait to have updated versions.

vithmiris 10-16-2016 06:45 PM

Welcome back George!