EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   EQEmu Operations Center (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=679)
-   -   EOC BETA Launch (Developer's Tool) EQEmu Operations Center (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36662)

Burningsoul 03-23-2013 04:47 AM

No worries on the large screengrabs - this looks AMAZING. I'll get you some feedback after getting my DB synched with it. Thank you for the incredible work put into this - it'll help out many a noob server op.

Akkadius 03-23-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burningsoul (Post 219786)
No worries on the large screengrabs - this looks AMAZING. I'll get you some feedback after getting my DB synched with it. Thank you for the incredible work put into this - it'll help out many a noob server op.

Not even for noob server ops, I wish I had this when I was actively server developing.

Akkadius 03-24-2013 04:16 PM

I'm going to be creating a local database reference for the EoC platform so I can implement users, allow users to create logical 'servers' and then they can create developers to work on those servers.

So if EoC is behaving a bit whack, that's because I'm developing on the BETA production.

Akkadius 03-31-2013 09:56 PM

Made a fix to the Item Editor today, apparently when I made the last fixes I broke the miscellaneous fields from even showing which messes up the Mysql query save generation.

xplodr 05-24-2013 02:05 AM

I can't get EOC to connect to my database. I type in everything to login and i have forwarded port 3306 to my servers IP within my network yet it tells me it cannot connect. I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. In the IP:Port box I type my Ip address then : and then the port 3306. The the database name which I have left as peq then my username and password. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong.

Akkadius 05-24-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplodr (Post 221106)
I can't get EOC to connect to my database. I type in everything to login and i have forwarded port 3306 to my servers IP within my network yet it tells me it cannot connect. I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. In the IP:Port box I type my Ip address then : and then the port 3306. The the database name which I have left as peq then my username and password. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong.

Are you using root?

Because your setup may have included that root cannot be used from outside connections period.

You may have to setup another user and use that user that can accept connections from anyone and then give that user privileges.

xplodr 05-24-2013 02:37 AM

How do i set up another user?

Akkadius 05-24-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplodr (Post 221110)
How do i set up another user?

Easy to do in Navicat, you go to Manage Users. Otherwise if you don't have Navicat, you have to use:

https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...sions-in-mysql

EDIT: Instead of doing localhost, you would do % to signify it would come from anywhere. Or you could lock it down to my server and have @69.168.254.244

xplodr 05-24-2013 03:48 AM

I did what it says and as far as i can tell the users were created however it still won't let me login

xplodr 05-24-2013 04:00 AM

Also, I downloaded navicat but I can't figure out what to do with it when I have it up. Like how to load the database or anything.

xplodr 05-24-2013 04:04 AM

Whenever I try to connect to my server through navicat it also times out

Akkadius 05-24-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplodr (Post 221116)
Whenever I try to connect to my server through navicat it also times out

Can you give a bit more detail as to what you are doing when you try to connect to your server?

xplodr 05-25-2013 01:53 AM

When I click the connection button upon opening navicat and use my personal IP address and port 3306 and fill out the rest of the connection with the username and password for MySQL it fails to connect. Could it be a firewall issue? usually my firewall asks me to unblock something if it detects something but it never asked.

xplodr 05-25-2013 04:47 AM

I finally got it to work! I think it was my firewall, I turned it off and logged in like a charm. Now I have some questions about how to use it haha. Is there a way to remove no trade from all items and instead make all items attunable?

xplodr 05-25-2013 04:56 AM

Or set up a sort of firiona vie ruleset?