EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   How to know if account is locked from attempted password resets (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42985)

Burdoc101 06-29-2020 11:53 AM

How to know if account is locked from attempted password resets

Been using the same password it feels like for about a decade. I created about sixteen accounts (one yesterday) and I use the same password for all.

I logged in the new account, created a character and everything seemed like normal. I log out and forgot to get another item for the character and attempted to log back in, but was unable to.

After several attempts client side, I went to EQ Emu and tried resetting the password, but kept getting invalid password or passwords do not match. Along with the warning that the account may lock.

I ended up resetting all my accounts passwords and now my main account is having the same issues. I tried resetting its password also to no avail. I have tested some of the other accounts and they work fine with the new password.

To note, I used the SMS program and it worked fine.

I am afraid that I will not be able to play on these accounts (especially my main) and am wondering how I can unlock the accounts.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Burdoc101 06-29-2020 12:19 PM

Disregard, now all SIXTEEN of my accounts I am unable to play on. Just tested each this morning with the old and new password. What is going on?

Thalix 06-29-2020 03:29 PM

Maybe you got hacked?

Burdoc101 06-29-2020 03:55 PM

So I did some testing and this is what I have found to be my problem:

I have been using a password for almost a decade with EQ Emu that contains two special characters (!, @, $, #, etc.).

I created another EQ EMU account with a different e-mail and two new loginservers. One with my old password (first account) that does contain two special characters and one with the new password (second account) that contains no special characters.

I am able to create a loginserver account with special characters within the password; I am using the same password I have used for the past decade. But when attempting to login, I am denied access on the first account.

For the second account, without special characters, I log in just fine. No issues at all and am able to play.

I attempt to change the password for the first account, but I am told it is an invalid password and multiple attempts will lock the account.

So the first account is now stuck in some purgatory since it was created with special characters and cannot be changed on my end.

I don't understand why, after so many years, this affecting my original EQ Emu account and login servers? I know I created a new loginserver last week and did the same steps for number sixteen last night. Same old password and it was working.

I know I did the text-message reset all password so I feel everything is screwed up now. I don't know what to do and need help.

Thousands of hours of gameplay are gated and many toons are unplayable as of now. I know its just EQ, but it would really suck to invest that much effort and time to now just lose it to a password reset.