EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Destroyed Lands Server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29910)

rizzen 11-02-2009 08:19 PM

Destroyed Lands Server

Hello,

Looking for more players for my server. Website is www.destroyedlands.com if anyone is interested in reading up about it. Not a lot of information on the website but more will be added. Private server address, it is not found on the main list. The server has been up for over 6 months and is updated as changes come. Server backups are performed weekly. This server is up 24/7.

Secrets 11-02-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizzen (Post 180737)
Hello,

Looking for more players for my server. Website is www.destroyedlands.com if anyone is interested in reading up about it. Not a lot of information on the website but more will be added. Private server address, it is not found on the main list. The server has been up for over 6 months and is updated as changes come. Server backups are performed weekly. This server is up 24/7.

I'm pretty sure we only allow servers to be posted here that are on the main list. The rest go in the "off-topic" forum. Sorry.

rizzen 11-03-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure we only allow servers to be posted here that are on the main list. The rest go in the "off-topic" forum. Sorry.
That should probably be something that is stickied then I would think. So because someone does not choose to use the eqemu login server they are not really part of the community? That doesn't seem right to me. Of Topic is for things that have nothing to do with the emulator. I would say this post has to do with the emulator.

"Misc::Off Topic
Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here."

Secrets 11-03-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizzen (Post 180759)
That should probably be something that is stickied then I would think. So because someone does not choose to use the eqemu login server they are not really part of the community? That doesn't seem right to me. Of Topic is for things that have nothing to do with the emulator. I would say this post has to do with the emulator.

"Misc::Off Topic
Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here."

Shards of Dalaya is not part of the community and is not permitted to post in server discussion, I assume you should follow the same rules, as we don't make special exceptions. It's an unwritten rule and if you want it written, we'll write it.

ChaosSlayerZ 11-04-2009 12:56 AM

I know that advertisement of other Logins Software is prohibited. However if he is using Mini Login, which was developed by this community, technically he is still a part of it. I guess Rogean can give us a definite ruling on this matter for the future reference...

leslamarch 11-04-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secrets (Post 180790)
Shards of Dalaya is not part of the community and is not permitted to post in server discussion, I assume you should follow the same rules, as we don't make special exceptions. It's an unwritten rule and if you want it written, we'll write it.

but SOD does not use our server code and he does, people that dont use the public login still contribute to the project. I find this hard to believe we are going to start chasing members off because they use mini-login?

rizzen 11-04-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

but SOD does not use our server code and he does, people that dont use the public login still contribute to the project. I find this hard to believe we are going to start chasing members off because they use mini-login?
I actually use your install Leslamarch and I thank you for all your hard work. It has made things so much easier.

rizzen 11-05-2009 10:17 AM

I will be looking to add 2 people to my staff. If you are interested in joining please get in contact with me. Mainly for world building/quests