EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Linux Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=588)
-   -   Titanium and Wine (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26984)

cubber 12-13-2008 01:10 PM

Titanium and Wine

Has anyone had any luck since wine made it past 1.0?

I just tried installing the titanium client again and am still having the no model issue. I can get into the game fine and run around, set all my options and interact with the other "ghosts" in the world, just no models. It has to be a d3d.dll file that needs to be set as native or something?

The only other issue I can see is that I need to play it in windowed mode otherwise the mouse gets trapped in the center of the screen and I can only move it in a small 2" x 2" box.

Anyway I figured I would beat on this dead horse a bit more and if anyone cares to join me I would love some help to try to finally solve this one.

jenco420 12-13-2008 01:34 PM

I never had much luck with wine and titanium but Cedega runs it with no issues except for lag when in windowed mode.

cubber 12-13-2008 01:43 PM

gah cedega... I tried that once it was more of a headache than anything, and I could never get eq to work with it without the same no model issue. This was probably about 6 months ago or so, and my subscription ran out.

I see over at wineHQ they marked live as gold so I take it that that the newest version of EQ works fine in wine.

Maybe I will give cedega cvs a shot, since I do not want to get into thier subscription thing again.

Edit: scratch that I just read somewhere that cedega cvs has not been updated for quite a long time.

bushman77 12-14-2008 11:31 AM

vid card

mabey use a differnt vid card?? just a though

renoofturks1 12-14-2008 11:50 AM

Your problem is your lack of an NVidia graphics card. Most likely you have an ATI, which, unfortunately, has the worst linux driver's in the goddamn world.

cubber 12-17-2008 01:51 PM

It is a laptop that has an nvidia card, I only use nvidia =)

laptop specs:

CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 2.53G
Screen 15.4" WSXGA+
Memory Size 4GB DDR2
Hard Disk 500GB - 2 (250G 7200RPM in Raid 0)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS
Video Memory 512MB DDR3

Running Gentoo Linux AMD64 version with Wine 1.1.10 and nvidia-drivers version 177.82

I am using xfce4 desktop with a user account set up just for gaming with compositing and desktop effects turned off.

renoofturks1 12-18-2008 10:15 AM

The wine website has a .dll you can DL to fix the model issue.

cubber 12-18-2008 10:22 AM

I tried that .dll right after I installed the game and it did not work. I belive that .dll is for the newer live client.

renoofturks1 12-24-2008 02:36 AM

Dunno then, I use Cedega and it runs fine on mine.

cubber 12-24-2008 03:29 AM

I have a copy of crossover games maybe I will give that a shot before I jump into another cedega subscription. Wish I saved my old cedega binaries, however they never worked for my anyway. Must be newer versions.

Prefader 12-27-2008 11:05 PM

I have Titanium working with wine, but I had to patch & recompile wine for it to work. From the bug report on the appdb page for EQ:

Quote:

So while we wait for a dev answer about this the 'fix' that replaces the prior
'HOWTO' is as follows:

Add this line:

pCaps->MaxVertexBlendMatrices=0x4;

In file:

(your wine source directory)/dlls/d3d9/device.c

At function:

IDirect3DDevice9Impl_GetDeviceCaps(LPDIRECT3DDEVIC E9 iface, D3DCAPS9* pCaps)

Before returning (return hrc;), line 176 (as of 0.9.55)

Build wine as usual and happy Everquesting
"Works For Me". HTH!

cubber 12-28-2008 11:13 AM

hmm I will have to give this a shot. Does it affect other games you have running under wine. I also run WoW and a few others. So I would want to make sure they still all work if I patched.

Angelox 12-28-2008 10:35 PM

I've been fooling with this all afternoon, used to use Cedega, but really have no need for it other than to play EQ, and Cedega really doesn't support Everquest anymore - it just so happens they did at one time, so it still 'half-assed' works ( I never could get all the pixel shader-versions to work, and it was slow and choppy).
With Wine, I got all the way to the point where I get in the game but have no characters or NPCs.
this link helped a lot too.
I think my problem is the Eq Client does not see my Video card properly , as it as listed as 'Hal', which must be a 'filler' when nothing else is found.

OscarGrouch05 12-30-2008 01:47 AM

Crossover or Cedega

both can be found on the net if you'll look you'll find them 80)
i have used both on xandros and ubunto linux system and had no problems running eq on them . i liked cedega until i looked at my credit card and found out the billing wouldn't stop so i had to tell the bank i lost my credit card and wanted a new number problem solved 80) i have both the newest version of cedega and crossover pro version plus older versions as well.

cubber 12-30-2008 04:14 PM

Are you currently playing titanium on the newer version of crossover?

I have crossover games 7.1.2 that I can try. Anything special you had to to do get it to work or just install and play?