EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   Loginserver Accounts (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17659)

Rogean 01-14-2005 05:30 AM

Loginserver Accounts

With the introduction of the new vBulletin, I have worked the last few days to get new LoginServer pages created. The pages are now complete, however.. All Current LS Accounts have to be 'claimed' into the new DB Before they can be logged into again. If you are a new user, you can create a new account the normal way through the loginserver page.

You can go to the LoginServer <a href='/forums/profile.php?do=loginserver'>Here</a>, Or through the UserCP and "Login Server" under Miscellaneous.

We have gotten rid of the Account Keys usage, they are not required now since everything is done through the vbulletin.

Note: If you have claimed your account, but cannot log in, try changing your eqhost to be eqemulator.net:xxxx instead.

Please feel free to PM Me (Rogean) If you have any issues with the new pages.

-Rogean

mattmeck 01-14-2005 05:39 AM

Wont allow me or anyone i have talked to in #Scorpious2k make a new login or claim our old, gets mysql errors.

mattmeck 01-14-2005 05:41 AM

Quick responce time, works now. Thanks you hard working Devs.

Rogean 01-14-2005 05:45 AM

Yea I fixed it.. Should work now =P

(Damn Mysql Permissions)

seolblade 01-14-2005 08:26 AM

re

Hi and thanks for getting the forums going for us again guys. Today im finally able to log back into the forum.. But when i try to reclaim my login account i get a invalid username/password error

Account name = seolblade
password = ******

Thanks again for making all this possible for us.

Seolblade

edit = sorry all was meant to have been a pm

garnicle 01-14-2005 12:37 PM

I have claimed my acct, but still cannot log in

Hello, i was wondering if anyone would beable to help me.

I claimed my account, then went to log in....it told me that i had an invalid loggin/pass. So i tried changing my eqhost.txt file as it sais to do in Rogeans post. I then got the message that it couldnt connect to the server...so i changed it back ( and yes i remembered to make it read only again). Now it not only cant connect but when i hit the login button the "Logging into server" window opens up and stays there...frozen...

It seems the problem is with my computer, not the server, but i cant seem to figure out what i have changed to make it mess up like this.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....thanks

Garnicle

sluggs 01-14-2005 02:16 PM

must be me but

stupid question i been playin for a while i need to know how to claim my usename/password lol

sxeta 01-14-2005 02:28 PM

I had the same problem, too

First I receive that I have wrong login and password. then I checked the forum and edited what I was instructed. Now, I receive a frozen "logging onto the server".

Don Vinnie 01-14-2005 02:51 PM

That would be because you have the most recent patch, which EQEmu is not currently compatible with. The devs are working to get it up to date.

Innerfire963 01-14-2005 03:05 PM

Fyi

Some people might be like me so ill post this... You want to claim your playing accounts and not the account that you post with... my posting account Innerfire963... my playing account Innerfire693... I know tryed to claim my posting account for hours before i thought about trying it... so hope it helps.

solid11 01-14-2005 05:56 PM

Ok, so how do you "claim" your account???.............

Rogean 01-14-2005 05:56 PM

Did you even bother reading before posting?

wrethel 01-15-2005 06:27 AM

Cannot Connect

Hello,

When I claim my login/pwd I got a "EQemu Error : Bad login/pwd".
I use the same login and pwd as in this chan. Can someone tell me why it's happening now (I'm playing since monthes) and how can I solve my pb pls ?
(No I didn't patch or did anything since my last connection, so I really don't know why I can't connect)

Many thx in advance

wrethel 01-15-2005 06:31 AM

Ok, sorry for my last post. I should learn reading before posting faster than my hability to think :)
The first post of this thread just solved my pb.

So I was right to write : Thx in advance :)))

Rogean 01-15-2005 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrethel
Hello,

When I claim my login/pwd I got a "EQemu Error : Bad login/pwd".
I use the same login and pwd as in this chan. Can someone tell me why it's happening now (I'm playing since monthes) and how can I solve my pb pls ?
(No I didn't patch or did anything since my last connection, so I really don't know why I can't connect)

Many thx in advance

That doesn't even sound like the error you should be getting on the claim page. Are you trying to log into the LS Instead?