EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Anniversary Edition Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23225)

Angelox 07-23-2007 12:55 PM

Anniversary Edition Support

Looks like the code has support for the Eq Anniversary Edition , which runs for around 19.00 too.
So now I would at least hope to see new whiners with a new rant: "Why do I have to spend 19.00 on another EQ game called Anniversary Edition?"

techguy84 07-23-2007 01:12 PM

Thats just bull, so your telling me I have to go get Aniversary now. Thats $20.00 you know. Geez, this project is just getting worse and worse as the days go by. So now we got even more content and features, and even more support for a newer userbase which means more players. What a f'n joke.

/end Sarcasm

Ok, now on to my real post. WOOT WOOT for Aniversary if this is true. Can you confirm this Angelox, with a Aniversary client. If so, I would assume that its still backwards compatible with Titanium, which is very grovvy baby.

Thanks devs, maybe we will see some more migrants and newer players.

/chant EQ EQ EQ EQ... ect...

Secrets 07-23-2007 01:12 PM

That's great! If that's indeed true, i'm *very* happy.

Keep up the good work guys!

Angelox 07-23-2007 01:38 PM

It's not officially in the log yet, but I found the new patch_Anniversary.conf in the source and the new executables need this conf file.
I'll buy the Anniversary Edition just to have it :)

John Adams 07-23-2007 02:47 PM

Is that the latest, latest bundle - with tBS too? I'll have to go check it out. I'll buy it just because I am a content freak.

Just answered my own question:
Quote:

EverQuest The Anniversary Edition Includes EverQuest Classic and all EverQuest expansion packs including "The Buried Sea".

KLS 07-23-2007 03:01 PM

Not fully supported yet, can get to char select but crash on zone in from what I gathered. FNW started work on it the other day.

Wouldn't go out and buy it just yet =p

Soregon 07-24-2007 04:37 AM

Think So

From what I have been reading it has buried sea and the drakken thing so it is my guess it is the new bundle. I am shocked at the price being so low lol.

dynaco 07-26-2007 04:49 PM

Too late

Already bought the Anni Edition. Tried running it without live patch but could not create a character.

michaelbartman 07-26-2007 05:51 PM

Same here, I bought the last copy of EQ Anniversary at the local GameStop, and if eqgame.exe doesn't crash abruptly when connecting and I make it to char creation, it doesn't do anything when I click Create Character..

Guess I'll just have to wait it out.. Thanks guys, it'll be awesome when I can play :)

John Adams 07-27-2007 12:31 AM

They'll get it, I'm sure. The fact there is any work being done for a new base client is very exciting. This means the new zones and revamps will be supported, and I have collects for nearly all the revamps before SEQ broke again :(

Rogean 07-27-2007 02:19 AM

FatherNitWit has been working on this, and its nowhere near playable atm. We don't have many logs for anniversary edition to go off of, so its a bit harder to find out everything we need.

With that being said, if you DO have logs between the dates of 2/13/07 to 3/14/07 get a hold of me or FNW.

John Adams 07-27-2007 08:10 AM

Bummer, last log I have is 1/14/07 :(

Teppen 07-28-2007 01:31 PM

IMO, I think we should focus on getting all the features supported concerning titanium and the expansions it provides before jumping to a new client that provides what 2 or 3 expansions after depths of darkhallow.. and peq is currently on planes of power release. I would wait. New anniversary editions are always being released, and you could always support a new edition. But its seems stupid to start supporting every anniversary edition that pops up, when they are only supporting a few new expansions. We loose more than we gain. The amount of time wasted on getting the new anniversary client to work (and im talking all opcodes, aa's, etc) could be better spent getting titanium as close to 100% supported first. Whats missing from titanium currently well.. in short alot. Heres just a few to name:
----
LDON System
Tasks (referring to quest tasks)
Bandoliers
Leadership Exp Panel
Shrouds
DoN Missions
.... and probably alot more
----

Titanum supports enough of expansions to keep the community busy for awhile. Ofcourse there are probably several people who doubt my thoughts, but you will be just wasting time if you start support for another anniversary client. Focus on the one at hand (Titanium). We can always upgrade to a new client after we get all the expansions supported by Titanium supported by EQEmulator.

my little rant for the year...

/rant off

sfisque 07-28-2007 01:41 PM

problem is, titanium is becoming a "diminishing resource". its not available commercially, and eventually, the ebay copies will run out.

moving to a newer baseline that is stable (assuming the anniversary version is playable "off the disc") is not a bad idea. but its going to take time/effort so we have to be patient.

my only peeve currently is the LS issue.

== sfisque

Teppen 07-28-2007 01:51 PM

hmm... no one must of bought titanium where i live then.. my local gamespot, and EB Games has about 5 copies each of titanium and about 5 copies out of anniversary at both stores... dunno.