EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Possible to get a download of EQ Titanium? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27678)

Trevorest 03-16-2009 02:30 AM

Possible to get a download of EQ Titanium?

Hey guys, I'm not that new to EQEMU, i used to play it last year, but when my computer crashed and i had to reformat, i found myself without a backup of my EQ Titanium files.

I had before attained it by downloading it off an online friend through AIM, i was pretty happy, as it allowed me to play. Now that i have lost contact with him, and have searched all the game stores in my area for a copy of the game, this is my last resort before i contemplate ordering it offline.

If you could possibly send it to me through AIM, or MSN, i would be forever grateful. I'm very sorry if this is rude or against the rules in any way. Thanks in advance guys please reply if you have any sort of insight on my dilemma!

Trevorest Rileyest of Drinal.
('back in the day at least..)

Dibalamin 03-16-2009 09:24 AM

Requesting warez is against the forum rules, you probably want to edit this thread to say nothing or say something else.

WillowyLady 03-16-2009 09:29 AM

You may wish to check this thread.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24779

Trevorest 03-17-2009 12:02 AM

Oh alright, thanks for the help guys.

Sorry for the mishap, please if you could, disregard what i said in my previous post.. Thanks for the help, guess i'm soon to be ordering titanium. :)

Rezbee 03-17-2009 12:23 AM

I thought I'd point out, that it is not illegal to tell someone where to find a file as long as you indirectly link to it like a search query on google =)

Also if you ever owned the EverQuest Titanium discs like me and had kids utterly destroy them, it is perfectly legal (assuming you still have the organizational box) to download the disks or as law dictates, you are allowed to recover lost data by public resources available. That is why you see these music sharing websites coming back up after a few years, the law enforcement has been hitting brick walls when they bust someone for downloading music to find out they have a legal copy of the track, thereby "obtaining" a duplicate of that track for personal use is thereby legal to the letter.

For instance Microsoft, they even admit it is ok to download their operating systems as long as you use a valid CD Key, I was told by a MS rep about 5 months ago that obtaining a copy of their operating system through bit-torrents was legal as long as the software wasn't modified and I used my origional CD key; not to say MS does everything legally.

Sakrateri 03-17-2009 12:56 AM

And I would like to point out that no matter what the law says, Sony has way to much money to even go to court against them and if you cant afford to fight them then you lose. Unless you come here and donate several million dollars to the project then keep files or links to files off this site.

WillowyLady 03-17-2009 12:50 PM

The link I provided is gives links to where EQ Titatium may be legally purchased.

I trust it is OK to provide such information, as it is a sticky in this respect:)

Rezbee 03-17-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakrateri (Post 165836)
And I would like to point out that no matter what the law says, Sony has way to much money to even go to court against them and if you cant afford to fight them then you lose. Unless you come here and donate several million dollars to the project then keep files or links to files off this site.

This server located in California, Nevada, Colorado, or Arkansas? If not, then the judge is going to most likely throw out the case and call it bullying before it ever hits a grand jury.

If a judge labels SoE as a "bully" which is why they don't just to around throwing around lawsuits in hopes to get lucky; SoE will not ever be able to commit civil litigation against the person they were "bullying" without a very very high degree of proof of a case even before a case can be presented to a court. Our legal system is pretty neat when you look at it at all angles but I bet someone is going to say that the server resides in a bully state or not in the US.

Andrew80k 03-17-2009 03:42 PM

Despite what you may or may not know about the law or any assumptions you might make about what a judge may or may not do, or any other qualifications that you want to put on it, it is against the forum rules to post any such links or to promote any sort of download of any software not owned by the people in these forums. No matter if the the requester "says" they have a legal license. There is absolutely no way for us to verify that and we do not wish to nor will we subject our community to any sort of legal haranguing by Sony or anyone else. Nor do we allow anyone else to do it here.

GeorgeS 03-17-2009 11:46 PM

MODERATOR'S EDIT -
Anything to do with warez is bannable!

Links to newegg or amazon are fine.

GeorgeS

Belfedia 03-18-2009 01:21 PM

For europeans, i find Secrets of Faydwer here and no problem from delivery in france.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...59&style=games

I receive my copy this day (waiting 12 days) :)