EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Do something --pokes with stick-- (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41538)

Excuses 10-22-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Beast (Post 256053)
You could do that and start a new thread with the poll link :P
https://www.easypolls.net/

I could. :)

Jahosphat 10-23-2017 09:05 PM

New world.
Everything is KOS. SWARM commences 30min from server uptime or random interval of server admin choosing. You level when you kill and/or survive, top 5 in zone left = a whole level (based on mob/player kills).. Max level 50.. if you make it to 50 you get a shard... once someone hits 51, server/zone reset Randomizes you into new zone, harder sht. Shards buy cool sht that will carry when server/zone (custom clickies anyone). NPC's will have randomized spell tables, agro ranges, and hp/mana.

Once your character has 50 shards banked.. ported to harder area... boss mobs perhaps?...content fun, new, different.

The_Beast 10-23-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahosphat (Post 256107)
New world.
Everything is KOS. SWARM commences 30min from server uptime or random interval of server admin choosing. You level when you kill and/or survive, top 5 in zone left = a whole level (based on mob/player kills).. Max level 50.. if you make it to 50 you get a shard... once someone hits 51, server/zone reset Randomizes you into new zone, harder sht. Shards buy cool sht that will carry when server/zone (custom clickies anyone). NPC's will have randomized spell tables, agro ranges, and hp/mana.

Once your character has 50 shards banked.. ported to harder area... boss mobs perhaps?...content fun, new, different.

Now there is someone "thinking outside of the box" for once. :)

Excuses 10-24-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Beast (Post 256108)
Now there is someone "thinking outside of the box" for once. :)

How outside do we want haha, im sure therr are some straight out crazy ideas. I like the swarm theory, JC has always been pretty creative.

Nerdgasm 10-24-2017 10:47 AM

Jesus, if someone made that server, I'd sell my left testicle.

Excuses 10-24-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerdgasm (Post 256118)
Jesus, if someone made that server, I'd sell my left testicle.

Those are going fir about 50grand in australia atm

Jahosphat 10-24-2017 11:20 AM

New world 2
I've always like a "sick" world where there is a source that needs to be eliminated.
I also like the idea of this sickness to impact all players.. aka All your spells are weakened until the server as a whole is cleansed of the threat.. /plaguestatus "60% contained" As players level, zones are eradicated then at various intervals you can spawn bosses based on player level to regain %'s associated with your personal spell lines.
Plenty of ideas.. ;)

Shirodan 10-24-2017 12:53 PM

I just want a server where every mob drops 100% random loot. A decaying skeleton could drop a bat wing, or the top tier raid item. That with some stat scaling, and maybe some randomly generated loot.

Nothing too crazy, but that's what I enjoy.

Jahosphat 10-24-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirodan (Post 256122)
I just want a server where every mob drops 100% random loot. A decaying skeleton could drop a bat wing, or the top tier raid item. That with some stat scaling, and maybe some randomly generated loot.

Nothing too crazy, but that's what I enjoy.

Karana Reborn runs a 3% script that randomizes loot as you're describing.
In fact alot of servers also use the Diablo script from what i recall..

Maze_EQ 10-24-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahosphat (Post 256123)
Karana Reborn runs a 3% script that randomizes loot as you're describing.
In fact alot of servers also use the Diablo script from what i recall..

I did it better with PERL.

Mine was actually RANDOM drops, each kill. LOL

Nothing ever dropped the same shit twice.

ghanja 10-24-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maze_EQ (Post 256124)
I did it better with PERL.

Mine was actually RANDOM drops, each kill. LOL

Nothing ever dropped the same shit twice.

Never did put up that server I spoke about.. "You Win", I guess the NPC was as close as I would get to doing that.

mjbcb0717 10-24-2017 09:55 PM

custom perma death servers are fun.

Maze_EQ 10-25-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghanja (Post 256130)
Never did put up that server I spoke about.. "You Win", I guess the NPC was as close as I would get to doing that.

God damn troll server would be hilarious.

sprinkle3 10-25-2017 11:42 AM

sounds like population would peak at 5

meanwhile agnar and phinny peaking at 10k +

people like progression servers, most people are playing on these emus because they get 1 expansion per year

most of us gamers are older, I would like another EQTitan or PEQTGC that starts at classic/kunark/vel or luclin and stays there for at least a year before pop

pop is so played out

ghanja 10-25-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excuses (Post 256119)
Those are going fir about 50grand in australia atm

USD or Australian? And does it come with a free ball sack rejuvenation? I'm a little older anymore, and it sags just a tad.