EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Zone loop changing zone_Points (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41142)

typenamehere 02-08-2017 08:20 PM

Zone loop changing zone_Points

I am attempting to change the North Qeynos to Qeynos Hills zoneline to zone into North Ro instead of Qeynos hills. Under Zone_points I modify target_y, target_x, target_z to a point just inside the zonline from oasis, target_heading to 150, and target_zone_id to 34. After doing this and trying to zone I get stuck in a zone loop entering Qeynos Hills when the target zone id is defantly changed. If i change the loc and zone id back the problem stops. Is there a setting I am forgetting to change?

Uleat 02-08-2017 10:17 PM

I can't speak on specifics..but, iirc, there are some zones that have hard-coded values in the client.

Someone else may have more info.

GRUMPY 02-09-2017 06:37 AM

Might be a good chance the client does not have the old north ro version files (for nro instead of northro).
That can cause the looping. I do know the RoF2 client does not come with the old ones.

typenamehere 02-09-2017 12:35 PM

Ah thanks, it seems that zone must just be hard coded. I cannot change it to anything other than qeynos hills.

ChaosSlayerZ 02-10-2017 03:08 AM

from my experience, zones with WIDE zone lines are hard-codded.
For example Qeynos to QHill, West Karana to North Karana, Deserts of Ro, COmmons.

Also I was unable to change zone info from Kithikor to WC - was giving me wonky results, like dropping me under the world in the middle of WC

NostalgiaEQ 03-08-2017 10:04 AM

I get looping a lot when I try to change things. It may be hard coded as they say or it may just be another issue. Make sure you are well within the zone line because the loop is usually because you zone in then zone out again. Also make sure your Z is set a ways above the ground. And make sure the zone # you are referencing is good in your server and client.

Uleat 03-08-2017 05:29 PM

You can monitor logs to see what's going on.

Jahosphat 03-08-2017 11:41 PM

Some have worked around this by placing invisible npcs and use proximity to zone a client into a zone. Personally haven't used that workaround but should give u a start for a solution.

NostalgiaEQ 03-09-2017 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahosphat (Post 253239)
Some have worked around this by placing invisible npcs and use proximity to zone a client into a zone. Personally haven't used that workaround but should give u a start for a solution.

Interesting would love to know how to use proximity to an npc to zone

Maze_EQ 03-09-2017 11:57 AM

Invis prox men are easy to implement. simply do a moveto zone x y z h etc.

using perl it'd be sub EVENT_ENTER etc. I haven't wrote real code ina year so i'm rusty.

GRUMPY 03-09-2017 03:43 PM

Its close to what you need here for that. (300 is only an example)

Code:

my $ProxDist = 300;

sub EVENT_SPAWN {
  my $x = $npc->GetX();
  my $y = $npc->GetY();
  my $z = $npc->GetZ();
  quest::set_proximity($x - $ProxDist, $x + $ProxDist, $y - $ProxDist, $y + $ProxDist, $z - $ProxDist, $z + $ProxDist);
}

sub EVENT_ENTER {
  quest::movepc(zoneid, x, y, z);
}