EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Add items to merchant (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26944)

wicapirate 12-07-2008 07:34 PM

Add items to merchant

On my server. I have made a merchant, but can not seem to find;
How do I add items to merchant.
How do I set price for those items. I want to set them at free like I have seen on other servers

trevius 12-07-2008 07:56 PM

The easiest way to add items to a merchant is to use GeorgeS merchant tool. And to set prices, you can use his item editor and adjust the price of each item one at a time.

wicapirate 12-07-2008 09:24 PM

I recieve this from GeorgeS program

Quote:

MYSQL Connection FAILED!-
Did you edit db.ini AND install MYODBC driver?
Someone please translate this into stupid talk please, so I can understand. And no I didnt edit anything.

OR

If someone can tell me how to do it it DOS I would be very happy.

Romell 12-07-2008 10:33 PM

When you install GeorgeS tools in each folder theres a db.ini file you need to edit to match your database. I dont have the format in front of me since I'm at work but you just need to change the fields in there to match. Your username, password and DB name(ax_classic or peq) basicly the same as in your eqemu_config.xml file.

wicapirate 12-07-2008 11:59 PM

OK now I get

Quote:

Spawn_Editor
Run-time error 339
Component 'a.ocx' or one pf its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Romell 12-08-2008 12:45 AM

when you extracted them did you maintain the file structure? or just extract all the files into a single folder?
I have mine in C:\GeorgeS Tools\ then all the individual directories for each tool in here.

I'm not sure if thats what the error means but this is a mistake i made.

trevius 12-08-2008 01:18 AM

Download the ODBC drivers from GeorgeS site, in the downloads area below where his tool downloads are. Then, install them. And make sure that you run the register_ocx.bat file in the resources directory where you installed them.

wicapirate 12-08-2008 02:18 PM

OK merchants are working now, and they have the items I wish for them to have. Thanks all for the help.
Next problem is how do I modify the prices? On the bottom of GoergeS MERCHANT EDITOR ver 1.6.10 there is an expand button, BUT my PC will not let me see what is down there. No matter what I do

wicapirate 12-08-2008 02:52 PM

Thanks all for the help. Changed one item to the correct price, so I know I can do the rest. For anyone reading this for a how to. You must reboot for item editor changes. To add items, to merchant you only need to rezone for changes to happen.
I want to single trevius out he is always answering peoples questions, and is always a big help.

wicapirate 04-19-2009 08:24 PM

I am back PC that had everything on it died

I am recieving this error again

Spawn_Editor
Run-time error 339
Component 'a.ocx' or one pf its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I have done what Trevius said to do last time

trevius
EQEmu Team
Developer Join Date: Aug 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the ODBC drivers from GeorgeS site, in the downloads area below where his tool downloads are. Then, install them. And make sure that you run the register_ocx.bat file in the resources directory where you installed them.
----------------------------------------------------------------

BUT I am still getting the error 339

trevius 04-19-2009 09:45 PM

You need to go into the resources directory again and run the register_ocx.bat file. That is it.

wicapirate 04-20-2009 09:12 AM

Done that still not working

GeorgeS 04-20-2009 10:41 AM

remove the /s in the register_ocx.bat to see if it's installing and run as admin.
Looks like the registration still fails, but let us know what you get.

GeorgeS

wicapirate 04-20-2009 12:28 PM

OK this is what I have now when I run register.ocx
=========================================
RegSvr32
The Module

wicapirate 04-20-2009 12:54 PM

Ok did that and I get

=======================================
RegSvr32
The Module “DXAnimatedGIF.ocx” failed to load

RegSvr32