EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Anyone got an old database? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41703)

TacoBiscuit 01-18-2018 05:15 PM

Anyone got an old database?

I would love to have a Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, Shadows of Luclin, or Planes of Power database to put on my server, can anyone help me and link a database that runs the expansions above? Thanks in advance. :D

caravellex 01-18-2018 05:21 PM

I think that the PEQ database that comes with the simple server installer comes with those expansions!

TacoBiscuit 01-18-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caravellex (Post 257058)
I think that the PEQ database that comes with the simple server installer comes with those expansions!

Yeah, but the PEQ database is in the Omens of War Expansion. And that isn't in the era I want my server in, the earlier expansions were more challenging and difficult than the newer ones, so I can't use the current version of PEQ for my server.

Ladrone 01-18-2018 06:48 PM

I am also interested in a legacy database, Pre Kunark would be amazing...

Kingly_Krab 01-18-2018 07:11 PM

Everyone is interested in a classic database, but not a single person is willing to do the work necessary.

minijag 01-18-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab (Post 257066)
Everyone is interested in a classic database, but not a single person is willing to do the work necessary.

Don't worry, I am!

TacoBiscuit 01-18-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minijag (Post 257067)
Don't worry, I am!

Well, I hope you are capable of setting it up. :)

TacoBiscuit 01-18-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Wasn't there an older version of the PEQ database that was classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, or Planes of Power?

Kingly_Krab 01-18-2018 08:06 PM

There were older databases, but they included items and drops far beyond that of one particular era. We're currently up to Omens of War for actual 100 percent done content as far as I'm aware. If you're interested in making a classic or progression locked server, you'll have to do most of the work yourself, as those that have already done the work are usually not willing to give free hand outs to the lazy.

The_Beast 01-18-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Kingly says it best. This "can of worms" has been opened and closed many times on these forums. There has never been
a "classic" database with ALL the work done to it, put up to be shared with the public. I'm not lazy on a keyboard, but
gathering all the info involved, (items, loot, spawns, etc.), from an era like that, I'm not prepared to do it myself. I don't
have the memory for a lot of it, so I would have no choice but to spend eons of time trying to find it all. I like to be
helpful, but not THAT helpful, lol

N0ctrnl 01-19-2018 01:32 AM

I've been working toward this very thing for quite a while now. It's not trivial, nor do I think you're going to find anybody to do all the work and release a DB for public consumption. Otherwise I suspect it'd have been done by now.

Lane 01-19-2018 06:14 PM

You’re aware you can limit the expansions right? Granted you will have to go through a lot of items and other dB entries and remove, it definitely can be done with the PEQ DB

N0ctrnl 01-20-2018 03:59 AM

Limiting the expansions is just the start. The very start. Tuning encounters, reverting zones, cleaning up out of era items, skills, spells, etc. There's a lot to it.

TacoBiscuit 01-20-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N0ctrnl (Post 257112)
Limiting the expansions is just the start. The very start. Tuning encounters, reverting zones, cleaning up out of era items, skills, spells, etc. There's a lot to it.

I found a solution, not the best one, but it can help me get off the ground, "YardDoggs PEQ Luclin Database", I have been using this for a day now, but the boats won't work. Any way I can enable them?

Here is his link to his Database: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41593

minijag 01-21-2018 03:42 AM

Your best bet is to use a teleporter. I think there are extermely technical reasons why the boats dont work, even p99's boats are shit, and not at all the way classic worked.