EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Spell Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=664)
-   -   Animate Dead appears to be broken. Max 10 damage pet. (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41735)

jaspen 01-31-2018 12:55 AM

Animate Dead appears to be broken. Max 10 damage pet.

Just got back after being gone two years and built a new VM from scratch. I did the windows_server_latest update a couple of days ago.

I hit level 20 this evening on my necro and got the Animate Dead spell. The new pet is bugged. It is only hitting for 10 damage max when it should be doing 26 and it is kicking for 14, which I don't know what the max for kicks are. I have tried different zones and low level mobs. I even put weapons in its hands for the heck of it.

Willing to do any tests needed. Can anyone verify?

EDIT: I am using the RoF2 client if that matters.

ChaosSlayerZ 01-31-2018 08:50 AM

yep its definitely screwed up.
Looking at DB I see that lev 16 pet has max dmg of 20, where lev 19 is 11.

jaspen 01-31-2018 10:58 AM

Could someone give me an idea where in the database to modify this myself? I looked under spells_new and didn't see anything obvious.

EDIT: I found it in npc_types. My next question is how do we verify things like dual wielding, double attack, etc. are accurate and how do you modify those?

ChaosSlayerZ 01-31-2018 11:13 AM

for npc/pets they are usually level based and codded into the server
or you can force them on with a special flag

demonstar55 01-31-2018 12:02 PM

My notes say 22, likely just mistyped.

kokey98 02-04-2018 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaspen (Post 257296)
Could someone give me an idea where in the database to modify this myself? I looked under spells_new and didn't see anything obvious.

EDIT: I found it in npc_types. My next question is how do we verify things like dual wielding, double attack, etc. are accurate and how do you modify those?

should be a field in same table you found the pet entry with min/max damage and hp etc -- true/false 1/0 etc.

if not, it's a similarly named table - the ones with a union of key-fields.

if you get around to installing peqeditor (on peq's forums), it organizes this sort of thing in a more easily read format. e.g. checkboxes for things like douple attack etc.

it's a bit more to get it installed than a server setup, but if carefully follow instructions, you should be able to get it going.

EoC may be another option too.. that's huge and requires vmware and not my cup of tea, but each to their own. for heavy lifting it's probably the best tool. small stuff just look in dB or load up peqeditor.

Maze_EQ 02-06-2018 06:00 PM

NPCs will inherit class abilities native of the respective class.

*Dual Wield is the chance to attack with the offhand.
*Npcs do not need Dual Wield the be able to actually use 2 1h weapons, they just don't swing the offhand if their class isn't set to use the ability.
*Double attack is a chance to perform 2 attacks in the same roll.

You could modify your SkillCaps and such to make custom class skills.

Also, since when does EoC require VmWare? Are you positive you know what VmWare is?

EoC connects to a database, using a supplied account name and an open SQL port which does not need to be 3306.

/confused

N0ctrnl 02-06-2018 10:12 PM

There is (or at least was) a virtual appliance that was distributed for EoC. That's likely what he's referencing.