EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::GeorgeS's Tools (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=674)
-   -   I can't get any of GeorgeS tools to work (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34216)

GeorgeS 09-22-2011 10:16 AM

Stickified..

threeflies 02-11-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lerxst2112 (Post 203326)
Open an administrator command prompt.
CD to the resources directory of the tool you are trying to run.
Type 'for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i' without the quotes.
You should get several dialog boxes saying the registration succeeded.

Eureka !!!!

Finally the answer everybody has been looking for , works perfectly .

Thank you !!!

BosConan 04-18-2012 04:23 PM

Does not work for me
tried it many times re downloaded the tools run in admin cmd reg cmd and still get the same errors

When running in admin i get %i is not recognized as a internal or external command

lerxst2112 04-18-2012 06:27 PM

It's a built in dos command. If it isn't working it is because you did not type it exactly as shown or you are in the wrong directory when you did type it. You can copy/paste it to avoid confusion.

liquest 01-11-2013 03:08 AM

So ive seem to run into an issue here, Ive got all of the things downloaded, and when it comes to registering them all but msdxm.ocx fails to register. I open the CMD in admin from the folder itself, ive downloaded the ODBC_DRIVERS, i just cant seem to get this to work. Any suggestions?

wolfwalkereci 01-11-2013 06:39 AM

You are trying to run the bat file provided? That has never worked for me or anyone I have ever helped.
Someone else posted the fix on these forums which I have saved in the tools main folder. Not sure if this is what you tried but here it is.
Quote:

Edit this path to suit your needs,
open Command Prompt, then
cd C:\Everquest\EMU_Server\GeorgeTools\Diablo_Items\r esources
Press ENTER
for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i
Press ENTER

GeorgeS 01-11-2013 03:37 PM

Although I am pretty sure, WinXP and Win7 work fine. Not sure about Win8 as I don't expect to use that OS. Also Win server OS's probably will fail as well.

GeorgeS

liquest 01-11-2013 04:19 PM

Kk, well i did something and got them registered. but now i get something saying 'error connecting to database, and that my ODBC drivers are not installed which they are.

GeorgeS 01-11-2013 09:42 PM

For which tool/s are you having trouble with?

G.

liquest 01-11-2013 09:49 PM

"Everquest Perl Quest Editor 1.2.5"
"Database Editing Tool Suite"

liquest 01-18-2013 03:04 PM

Sigh it's. still not working this is a bummer

Mariomario 02-14-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Edit this path to suit your needs,
open Command Prompt, then
cd C:\Everquest\EMU_Server\GeorgeTools\Diablo_Items\r esources
Press ENTER
for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i
Press ENTER
I am currently running the 64bit version of Win 8 and I can confirm this works correctly in registering the .ocx files.

Unfortunately I am having trouble after running both item editor and NPC loot editor.

For the Item Editor it begins to load then
Quote:

Error in Connecting to the database - perhaps a missing version field in the Variables Table?
and then the program proceeds to load correctly. When i click start I get another error,
Quote:

Run-time error '-2147024894(80070002) Automation error The system cannot find the specified file
The NPC loot editor begins to load then
Quote:

Error in Connecting to the database - Did you register all the files?
But then proceeds to load correctly and accesses the zones with mobs. I know I registered all the files because I ran Lerxst's command and they all came back as successful, but Im just curious on why this would display. Perhaps because Im operating on Win8?

I know my DB.ini file is correct because the spell import/export tool works correctly as well, and the only difference between the two db.ini is one specifies the EQ folder path which I know is correct.

GeorgeS 02-26-2013 11:49 PM

Ok sounds like "logfile.txt" is missing in the folder

GeorgeS

Sinclipse 02-27-2013 06:34 PM

Hey George, I installed your tools on the computer, and tried running register_ocx as admin, and as normal, gave me 5 errors I navigated to the place where the files are (C:\Users\Sinclipse\Desktop\Tools\eqitems\resource s) and did the for '%i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i' and it registered all the files, no errors no nothing, perhaps the register_ocx is bugged? Just wanted to give feedback.

THANKS FOR YOUR TOOLS THEY ARE AMAZING <3 <3 <3

GeorgeS 03-01-2013 08:06 PM

The register ocx file works only when you have sole account ownership, as an admin. It can work fickle at times..

GeorgeS