EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Caves and Kobolds a laid back fun server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41157)

vkrr 02-17-2017 10:27 AM

Taking suggestions for the next improvement:

1) Rebirth Code - Reset your level to 1 to earn a bonus currency (ebon crystals) that you can spend on fun items like beautiful mounts, or the 3.0 charm.

2) Killroom - Stop by the killroom instance where you and your group will be pitted against endlessly spawning enemies. Compete for the high score! Earn fabulous prizes! (Prizes tbd - leaning toward epic 1.5 or a custom score-based augmentation)

On a related note. Ebon merchant seems to be a little odd. When set to class 70 and alt-currency is set to ebon crystals, I get a DBstring error, but when he is set to class 68 (ebon crystal merchant) and alt-currency is set to 0, it shows up as ebon crystals, but the values aren't pulled from merchant alt_currency table, they seem to be pulled from the LDON price of each item. Im using Addcrystals(0,X) to provide crystals to players.

Any suggestions?

Tabasco 02-17-2017 10:39 AM

This sounds a little like how we did loot and world scaling on Dungeon Crawl.
It looks like you have things well in hand, but in our old database lies a hidden gem (or at least I think so) that you might get some use out of.

Jayseesee and I went through and meticulously categorized mobs in every zone. We had a several categories of importance from 'named' to 'zone boss' and a few in between. These flags were used to determine what tier of loot an NPC qualified for among our boss loot tiers. We also did quite a bit of legacy item buffing, but that information would be more difficult to extract.

Anyway, it's all here if you can make use of it.
http://emudev.us.to/dungeoncrawl/

Keep up the good work!

vkrr 02-17-2017 10:47 AM

Thank you! I'll take a look at this. I very much appreciate it.

vkrr 02-17-2017 01:16 PM

Added the 'rebirth' system, aka. prestige system. You can go back to level 1 after level 50 for ebon crystals, which you can spend on mounts, weapon augs, the 3rd iteration of the charm, fun stuff like that. More items are coming to the merchant in the future.

AA prices from the AA merchant have been tweaked.

Working on gambling currently as well as some other fun things!

Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions!

mjbcb0717 02-17-2017 05:14 PM

Add a teleporter or open peqzone and I'll be a happy school girl :)

sculler 02-18-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjbcb0717 (Post 253027)
Add a teleporter or open peqzone and I'll be a happy school girl :)

Please don't. You can bind anywhere, you have Nexus Gate on your charm and you have unlimited bot spawns to spawn a druid or wizard for ports.

nenelan 02-21-2017 07:43 AM

Not a whole lot going on yet, but that's not a bad thing. Very simple, well executed base. I'd be interested to see where we go from here. Most of the people are fairly alright too.

Maze_EQ 02-21-2017 11:46 AM

I'm enjoying it.

50+ gets hard.

mjbcb0717 02-21-2017 02:10 PM

Yea xp after 50 slows wayyy down lol go to poinnovation at 50 xp moves good there

Maze_EQ 02-21-2017 05:34 PM

Lol, nawh, innovation is terrible. Too much hp on that shit.

I use TSS zones till 65+

mjbcb0717 02-21-2017 06:17 PM

TSS what be that again?

jpyou127 02-22-2017 08:29 AM

The Serpents Spine

=)

Kavanah 02-23-2017 07:04 PM

Having some server issues? Was down last night and today can't log in to it. Got in for a second and then went LD.

vkrr 04-04-2017 11:04 AM

Hey Folks,

I've been out of town for work recently and came home to a burning plastic smell coming from the PC that was hosting this bad boy. It was an older board and some of the caps look like they are bulging.

I have a backup of the server files if anyone wants to rehost, or play with it or whatever, just PM me !

jpyou127 04-29-2017 07:25 PM

This server is up on a test VPS to determine hardware needs. Feel free to log in. All accounts that were created are there.

Celestial