EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Development (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Permitted race/class/deity/city combos (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41404)

dikafu 06-21-2017 09:57 PM

Permitted race/class/deity/city combos

Where in the source can I find the permitted race/class/deity/starting_city combos? Or is this client side?

dikafu 06-21-2017 10:04 PM

I see. It's in the db migrations. Table char_create_combinations

dikafu 06-21-2017 10:42 PM

How do I map the value `allocation_id`?

e.g. Human wizards/mages have an allocation_id of 51, human Enchanter allocation_id=50, high elf encs = 44. etc.

Kingly_Krab 06-21-2017 10:44 PM

Check the 'char_create_point_allocations' table.

pharone1 01-10-2019 01:50 PM

Is it possible to restrict character creation to 1 class by modifying this table?

I am creating a server with only one class, and I want to make it so that when a user creates a character, they can choose any race, but only have that one choice as the class no matter what race they choose.

Also, is it possible to change the name of that class? That would be awesome.

I'm trying to do all of this with only database and text file changes. I really want to refrain from making any code changes that require a custom compile of the server unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks.

joligario 01-10-2019 01:57 PM

Based on your description of how far you are willing to go, you will be severely limited on how custom you can get.

pharone1 01-10-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joligario (Post 261232)
Based on your description of how far you are willing to go, you will be severely limited on how custom you can get.

Hmmm... that's disconcerting at best. I was really hoping to keeping this design to database, client-side text file, and server side quest file changes.

pharone1 01-10-2019 09:07 PM

Got it to work. I tested it by making it so that the only available class to choose at character creation was Shadow Knight. Worked great.

Eudith 01-25-2019 08:25 AM

Hey, sorry to drag up a dead thread but I was wondering how you did that? And can you do the opposite (allow more race / class choices than standard)?

I ask because my experiments doing these things have been unsuccessful. (Using the Titanium client if that makes a difference.)

Thanks!

ChaosSlayerZ 01-25-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eudith (Post 261439)
Hey, sorry to drag up a dead thread but I was wondering how you did that? And can you do the opposite (allow more race / class choices than standard)?

Thanks!

Edit the char_create_combinations in your DB - set any combination you like, such as Dark Elf Bard following Tunare.

NOTE: I done this on ROF. This may or may not work for Titanium.

pharone1 01-25-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ (Post 261440)
Edit the char_create_combinations in your DB - set any combination you like, such as Dark Elf Bard following Tunare.

NOTE: I done this on ROF. This may or may not work for Titanium.

That is what I did, and it worked in Underfoot and RoF2. I have not tested Titanium.

Uleat 01-25-2019 08:26 PM

Dead thread?

This one is still boiling on the back burner!

Try the ones from 16 years ago :P