EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   TkonEmpire - New Solo Server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38803)

Portal63 09-20-2014 08:49 AM

TkonEmpire - New Solo Server

I recently created the TkonEmpire server and am in the process of tuning it to be soloable. I'm not making it simple, so you'll still have to level, gear up, and get AA to defeat all content.

I'm going to be adding additional NPCs, merchants, and quests in the coming days, and will be setting up a message board this weekend for the server.

Look for us on the login server list. I'll be submitting a request today to have us added to the server list on the EQEmulator webpage as well.

Until the message board is up, feel free to leave comments on this thread.

Thanks!

Portal63 09-20-2014 08:54 AM

Quick outage - Bumped up processor and RAM

Back up now. =)

xebec 09-20-2014 07:35 PM

very slow regen and my gate clicky thing vanished

fun so far tho

ED: yeah, ok, adding in interrupts and corpse runs its not that fun at all for a cleric

Portal63 09-20-2014 10:11 PM

Fixed the starting item. There is an NPC in the guild lobby that will give you a replacement. For anyone who still has theirs, it'll automatically be fixed when you log back on.

Increased regen rates a bit as well.

The interrupts could be a factor of rapid leveling and low skill levels. However, this is a work in progress so things will change as time goes on. I'm going to be making many more adjustments, so we'll see how things settle out.

xebec 09-21-2014 08:52 AM

in combat regen seems fine, out of combat it's a bit painful (6mins 0m to fm for me) but I understand high ooc regen is not for everyone.

mob regen is pretty high too, not unsual to see things go up 20% a tick

still having fun!

Portal63 09-21-2014 11:28 AM

The mob regen rate looks high because of their reduced hitpoints. =)

I will be tweaking weapon damages over the next few days to help balance for melee. Right now, monsters will hit for their normal damage and at their normal rate (which will also need to be changed as well).

I may never get it truly soloable for every class, so feel free to multi-box if you want. I'm going for an eventual balance where you can solo or multi-box with one or two other characters, while still keeping it challenging enough to give a sense of enjoyment.

jdoran 09-21-2014 11:31 AM

How do you access this server?

tmoney2983 09-21-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoran (Post 234054)
How do you access this server?

same here...been looking for another solo-type server to play on with the ability to do regular progression (Classic, Kunark, Velious, etc)

Portal63 09-21-2014 04:23 PM

Connect to the Emu's login server and scroll down until you see the Tkon Empire on the list. =)

It isn't anywhere near as tuned as Irreverent's server because he had a few years to work things out, but I'm considering a few changes that might help with balance. Going to look at implementing those this week.

sculler 09-22-2014 03:21 PM

Zone availability

There are some serious issues with zones not being available. I get a message quite frequently when using #peqzone that the zone isn't ready. Also, there is a 5 minute reuse delay on #peqzone, and this get's triggered even when you get the 'zone isnt ready' message.

My mage is currently in Firiona Vie and can't login - says 'That zone is unavailable' on the character login screen.

Please fix the zone issue(s).
Please fix the #peqzone reuse timer/issue.

Thanks!

Portal63 09-22-2014 03:31 PM

Sorry about that. Hadn't updated the dynamic zones count. I also adjusted the peqzone timer.

Fixed now.

sculler 09-22-2014 03:40 PM

Thanks.

World server just crashed.

Portal63 09-22-2014 03:41 PM

And fixing a few more issues. My new dynamic zones count appears to be breaking things. =P

Portal63 09-23-2014 02:17 PM

Forum is up at http://tkonempire.net/

runclimbrepeat 10-09-2014 05:45 PM

I assume one has to use the original spell files and such? not the ones we may have written over for other servers...