EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Spell Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=664)
-   -   RoF2 Client, tons of 255 spells. (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42161)

trustandfall 10-30-2018 11:56 PM

RoF2 Client, tons of 255 spells.

I understand the issue, and I can even see in my spells_us client file that Alter Plane: Sky has a level of 255 for Wizard. Server side, the level is set to 46. I assume this spell was removed on Live once players were able to teleport there using the Guild Hall.

However, I would like to be able to fix the numerous broken spells on my server (TONS of the Mage focus item spells, lots of teleporting spells, etc).

I see a ton of old references about using Georges tools to import/export, but all links pertaining to this tool seem to be gone.

Is there a simple way to fix this? I really, really want to resolve this problem. Thank you!

phantomghost 10-31-2018 05:16 AM

I don't know how to use George's tool but if you update the spell server side and export the server spells files to your client, it will reflect the level you set.

Sturm 10-31-2018 09:16 AM

You just need to Export a new spells_us.txt file and overwrite the old file in your client.

trustandfall 10-31-2018 08:36 PM

Hey Sturm! Is there any chance you could provide a set of steps to do exactly that? I've seen a lot of forum topics saying the same thing, but none explaining exactly how to do that. It would make me really happy to resolve this.

demonstar55 10-31-2018 09:10 PM

Don't use p99 spell file on other servers :P

trustandfall 10-31-2018 09:25 PM

Thanks for the help.. but I'm not, as far as I know. And if I am, it's because I downloaded everything to setup my own server from EqEmu directly, other than my ROF2 client.

superpally1 10-31-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustandfall (Post 260646)
Hey Sturm! Is there any chance you could provide a set of steps to do exactly that? I've seen a lot of forum topics saying the same thing, but none explaining exactly how to do that. It would make me really happy to resolve this.

Double click the export_client_files.exe inside your server files folder. The new files will be placed inside the export folder

trustandfall 10-31-2018 09:36 PM

Thank you! I'll try that tonight! <3

Sturm 10-31-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superpally1 (Post 260649)
Double click the export_client_files.exe inside your server files folder. The new files will be placed inside the export folder

Alternately, if you've managed to setup the EOC you can click the Spells link then click: Generate spells_us.txt

Right click that and "Save Link As" and viola! There's you're new spell file.

If you haven't yet managed to setup the EOC, you're going to definitely want to do that, it makes certain aspects of editing your database a breeze. The Zone versioning utility alone is incredibly handy.

belvino 02-18-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustandfall (Post 260648)
Thanks for the help.. but I'm not, as far as I know. And if I am, it's because I downloaded everything to setup my own server from EqEmu directly, other than my ROF2 client.

Digging up an older post but Can this be done and how would you grab the spells from the RoF client? I was going to try to develop my server to above 70 but the Db that i got out of the install a lot of spells above 70 don't work or are custom spells.

Sturm 02-18-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belvino (Post 261736)
Digging up an older post but Can this be done and how would you grab the spells from the RoF client? I was going to try to develop my server to above 70 but the Db that i got out of the install a lot of spells above 70 don't work or are custom spells.

You have to manually fix and create all the spells. 71+

belvino 02-18-2019 07:46 PM

ouchie Thanks for the info. Time to start learning.

belvino 02-22-2019 11:14 AM

Just an update on Spells. I exported my spell_us.txt from my Database and moved it to the client and now have all spells up to 100. they work but the descriptions aren't working on some if you put them on items. Still doing some testing to see if all spells work but so far its casting everything.

Also fixed any spells that was marked lvl 255 on venders.

I'm using the Akkadius Install on the fourms here.

Maze_EQ 02-22-2019 06:00 PM

need dbstr_us as well.