EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Tools (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   EQG Weapon Model Import v1.0 (now with particles) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38303)

Zaela_S 05-18-2014 01:36 PM

EQG Weapon Model Import v1.0 (now with particles)

A tool for importing (and exporting) weapon models into .eqg files, using any ID numbers you like, and adding particles to them.

Link
Now on github, why not.

See the first few posts of the previous thread for instructions about importing and exporting models.

Brief instructions for particles:

After selecting the model you want to work with, hit the "View Particle Data" button. This will bring up a new window.

Particle data comes in two sections: points, and particles attached to those points.

Points define where on the model the particles will originate from, as well their base rotation (potentially influencing their animation), and their scale (size). The values are mostly self-explanatory, except that rotations seem to be degree-based, from -180 to 180. Also, while a very small number of points attach to animated bones in a model, the vast majority are set relative to 0, 0, 0 using the magic string "ATTACH_TO_ORIGIN". (Very few models have animated parts, so it's not really worth bothering with, but just so you know).

Particle entries have a few mostly unknown fields, but the main one of interest is "particle id". Like a lot of things, particles are ID-based -- naturally, you put the ID of the particle you want in the particle id field. (You can find IDs by browsing the data of particle weapons you are familiar with, for now.)

http://i.imgur.com/qEQl1GK.png

It's worth noting that data about particles themselves -- what they look like, how they move, and so on -- is separate from weapon data and .eqg files. I hope to work on a tool to edit this particle data next. But for now, there's a pretty nice spread of pre-existing particles to use.

I'll probably write up the instructions for this tool on the wiki soon...

edit: Thanks to Vaion for helping me figure out some of the data structures.

Zaela_S 05-19-2014 11:40 AM

I was reminded that someone told me particles can be attached to NPC models. So this tool can now do that, with a drop down of potential attachment points (model bones + attach_to_origin). A model's spell particle attachment points (when they cast or are hit by spells) also seem to be equivalent to weapon particle points, just with special identifying names:

http://i.imgur.com/erGunjN.png

Attaching permanent particles to them works fine ;p

http://i.imgur.com/kFxKHfY.png

Downside, of course, is that it only works for .eqg-based models, stuff in the 400+ race id range.

Secrets 05-19-2014 12:19 PM

It should work with normal models as nimbuses can be attached to s3d models if you reference the actor tag directly (_ACTORDEF)

They are just different types of bodies; I can't remember the name of them right now but I'll post later

Weldarr 05-19-2014 12:47 PM

If anyone is curious as to some of the potential behind particle manipulation you can see some of the work I have done here: http://www.thehiddenforest.org/viewt...hp?f=4&t=10557

Granted a lot of these are custom made particles, but we are in the process of getting those all figured out and editable as well :)

- Vaion
The Hidden Forest

Akkadius 05-19-2014 01:15 PM

Very nice work

vsab 05-19-2014 03:19 PM

Amazing stuff, and thank you for sharing it with the community.

Zaela_S 05-19-2014 05:59 PM

Well, particle data editor exists now.

Link
github

Just needs more fields labeled before I'll consider it properly releaseable. And maybe an image viewer, not that there's room...

http://i.imgur.com/OAbpZ0z.png

Telin 05-19-2014 08:12 PM

Field 72-74 is also image stretch. You'll have four total now. Normally they should all be the same value unless you want the sprites skewed. Field 19 I can't explain technically, but from observation 5 makes the emitter finish with a round edge, 4 makes it end in a with a straight edge, 9 makes it a flattened circle, and there are others in between.

Zaela_S 05-19-2014 08:31 PM

Yeah, have some idea of what 17, 18, 20, 36, 41 to 46, and the extra stretch fields do now. Editor makes it pretty quick to try things.

Thanks for the info about 19!

Telin 05-19-2014 09:37 PM

I was able to use your editor to attach this healing effect emitter to the old model's bones by using the root_bone option. It's great to see this is possible. Of course very limited through the .eqg weapons (monk epic).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8/EQ002573.jpg

knowom 05-19-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaela_S (Post 230597)
I was reminded that someone told me particles can be attached to NPC models. So this tool can now do that, with a drop down of potential attachment points (model bones + attach_to_origin). A model's spell particle attachment points (when they cast or are hit by spells) also seem to be equivalent to weapon particle points, just with special identifying names:

http://i.imgur.com/erGunjN.png

Attaching permanent particles to them works fine ;p

http://i.imgur.com/kFxKHfY.png

Downside, of course, is that it only works for .eqg-based models, stuff in the 400+ race id range.

Yellow aura or red aura for the super saiyan or kaioken rats. This looks awesome seeing particle effects on mobs reminds me of EQ2, but w/o plastic looking 3D models combined with a game engine which runs like cold molasses!

knowom 05-19-2014 10:09 PM

Telin that root_bone option for healing emitter would probably look good on something like "Crystal Chitin Shield" I believe the white glowing orb shield types and held books as well among other stuff.

Can that be attached to a arrow? That would wicked cool seeing a emitter trailing from a shot arrow as well as thrown weapons!

Telin 05-19-2014 10:25 PM

I think it could be attached to an arrow. Here I threw together a classic shield effect to see how it looks with the alignment and 3 separate emitters.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/252108328/4.jpg

knowom 05-19-2014 10:58 PM

That looks awesome to me. This stuff looks really fun to muck around with. I'd love to see a EQemu github repository with custom graphics related content and a update patch program to download from it and patch our original files with the modded "copyright free" content.

It's easy enough to save .s3d files and without copyright materials by just saving the custom user made only portions. I can't think of a "legal" reason why we couldn't do that then have it patched to overwrite our own default .s3d game files. Custom zones for Open Zone are saving copyright free user content so I don't a difference as far saving and distributing provided copyright material isn't included.

Here's a very nice tool I just discovered! Something Windcatcher did. This looks like it ties in well and source was included. It shows static models for geometry and such. Curious if this might be something that could help fix all those screwed up rotated textures in early zones. A example of one is that entry path in unrest one of the the textures all go vertical until close to the house itself then you have this oddball square that inexplicably is rotated 90 degrees and looks horizontally aligned instead. Sony lazy as they are never bothered to fix them go figure even in zones like Grobb. It is really could neat though this Windcatcher person sure made cool mod tools very forward thinking! You can export zones to .OBJ and import .WLD files among some other stuff.

http://sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet...erter_1.3.zip/

vsab 12-15-2014 09:37 AM

I tried compiling from source, but am having issues with getting it to run.
I'm using VS 2013 (premium) on Windows 7 64 bit.

It breaks into main.cpp, line 43:
[code]iupcontrolslua_open(L);[/open]

Any ideas what might be causing this? Full Debug output from Visual Studio below.

Code:

G Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Code\External\EQ\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\Debug\EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Code\External\EQ\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\Debug\FreeImagePlus.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Code\External\EQ\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\Debug\FreeImage.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Code\External\EQ\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\Debug\Irrlicht.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opengl32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\glu32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ddraw.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dciman32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput8.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Code\External\EQ\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\Debug\iup.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7601.18201_none_ec80f00e8593ece5\comctl32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr110.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Code\External\EQ\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\Debug\lua51.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Code\External\EQ\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\EQGWeaponModelImporter-master\Debug\lua5.1.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6229_none_d089f796442de10e\msvcr80.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp120d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr120d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winspool.drv'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nview\nView.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wtsapi32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msimg32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntmarta.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Wldap32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nview\NVWRSENU.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
HEAP[EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe]: Invalid address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 00660000, 00681E40 )
EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...eaponModelImporter-master\Debug\EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe
File: f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\misc\dbgheap.c
Line: 1322

Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'
'EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll'. Symbols loaded.
EQG Weapon Model Importer.exe has triggered a breakpoint.