EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Defining items by expansion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40403)

provocating 02-14-2016 06:45 PM

Defining items by expansion

I was wondering. It pretty well seems Verant/Sony used incremental primary keys in their item tables. I do have a few item snapshots from different eras. Would it be pretty well east to define each item's era by using the id number? If we know the max id of lets say Luclin and then the max id of say PoP, then we can pretty well define the items that were just introduced in Luclin.

Does anyone have snapshots of the items during different points in time?

demonstar55 02-14-2016 06:46 PM

No. Sometimes they left blanks and later went back to fill in the blanks.

provocating 02-14-2016 07:03 PM

Hell I am seeing that now. I am seeing Luclin things in the 7k range....damn them. So much for being consistent on their part.

Figback65 02-14-2016 08:17 PM

If you add a custom column called expansions, will it mess anything up? Like after you edit an entry in EoC, will it error out because column count doesn't match up or will it just ignore it.

I know per coding, adding the column wont mess anything up. I had added on in the past but I am unsure via EoC editing.

provocating 02-14-2016 08:20 PM

No, I have an expansion column in most of my tables. I have edited my PeqEditor so I can flag things per era.

Shin Noir 02-15-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by provocating (Post 247131)
No, I have an expansion column in most of my tables. I have edited my PeqEditor so I can flag things per era.

Do you have a lot of effort put into this?

provocating 02-15-2016 08:53 PM

A small amount at this point. It will take forever but I have no plans to ever stop working on my database, or the server. Right now I am just doing it one zone at a time. I also added comment fields for many things and edited the PeqEditor so I can mark things by expansion and add comments.

NatedogEZ 02-15-2016 09:49 PM

Could use the zone table as a reference and whatever zone the item drops in add that zones expansion number. Certain items that drop across multiple expansions would get annoying though :p

provocating 02-15-2016 10:18 PM

That is what I was thinking about doing. Basically you could do it from the lower number zones first, then tell it to not overwrite when you hit newer zones.

Shin Noir 02-15-2016 10:23 PM

I have a couple ugly queries you can do to at least see stat giving items with outliers per zone, like..

Code:

SELECT i.id, i.NAME, i.classes, i.slots, i.hp, i.mana, s2.zone FROM items i
INNER JOIN lootdrop_entries lde ON lde.item_id = i.id
INNER JOIN lootdrop ld ON ld.id = lde.lootdrop_id
INNER JOIN loottable_entries lte ON lte.lootdrop_id = ld.id
INNER JOIN loottable lt ON lt.id = lte.loottable_id
INNER JOIN npc_types nt ON nt.loottable_id = lt.id
INNER JOIN spawnentry se ON se.npcid = nt.id
INNER JOIN spawn2 s2 ON s2.spawngroupid = se.spawngroupid       
WHERE slots > 0 AND s2.zone = 'ecommons' GROUP BY i.id;

They're really intense queries, but at least gets the obvious ones out.. Heh.

provocating 02-15-2016 10:28 PM

Yep, I have something similar

provocating 02-22-2016 09:54 AM

I have started expanding this further now. I have edited the PEQ editor to allow expansion settings in the npc, spawns, items, loot and it appears to be working. Before if I found an item or npc that was out of era I would just delete the item, now I mark it for the appropriate era. Since we are a progression server I may not necessarily want the item deleted. This will work off the expansion setting in the database. I still have a lot of testing to do, but so far it is
working well.

http://legacyoffroststone.com/forum/.../expansion.jpg

Ignore the expansion settings I have things set for, I was just changing them and repopping to make sure it was working. I also put some effort to make sure it was not throwing the drop rates off from having to skip items.

N0ctrnl 02-22-2016 11:36 AM

Very nice. That is a much needed feature.

provocating 02-22-2016 11:46 AM

There is still a lot of work left to be done, lots of testing. The best way of testing it is using it.

AdrianD 02-22-2016 12:06 PM

Glad to see others doing this.

I've always wondered why this wasn't in the standard peq databse.