EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Misc::Off Topic (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=595)
-   -   New Guildwars Emulator (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22801)

Caliberdb 05-19-2007 03:29 PM

New Guildwars Emulator

Just wanted people to know that there is a guildwars emulator being made for those too lazy to buy the game, they got the login server and character creation mostly covered, they are looking for people willing to help who has exp with emulators.
Their main site is: http://www.gwlp.ragenetwork.info/
They also have a chat line http://www.gwlp.ragenetwork.info/irc

smartmonkey777 05-20-2007 04:58 PM

huh?

i already own the game and isnt guild wars free ? doh ...
i dont know i only did beta testing the left for eq2 when it debuted

Caliberdb 05-20-2007 10:46 PM

"guildwars emulator being made for those too lazy to buy the game"

techguy84 05-21-2007 02:54 AM

I played guildwars. I played a mage all the way up to LA and around lvl 16 adn I just said screw it. Factions had just come out and I seen absolutely no reason to cough up another 49.99 for the same old instance bull. Im a PvE kinda person, and GW falls flat on PvE

vales 05-22-2007 06:52 AM

Although I have to admit that it does get old, Guild Wars is fun in it's own way. If you've only played the game up to Lion's Arch, then you're truly missing out on some awesome stuff. The story is only getting started there.

Factions was pretty retarted, imo. It was a complete waste of time and so crap (stupid forums won't let me post accents, lol). But NightFall - dang. That game is awesome. Everyone that I know says Factions was just a filler while NightFall is a full and true expansion - and that's the truth. If you get any expansion, get NightFall at least. Factions didn't even have any voice work done for the game, ROFL. I could instantly tell when I started playing it that it was going to be pretty bad. I pretty much skipped it and played NightFall instead. Now most of my characters from the Prophecies campaign are already in Tyria.

The way they incorporated the whole Hero system in NightFall is awesome. None of this retarted AI henchmen crap. I'm a PVE kind of person too, and it's been an awesome ride the whole way. At the end of the day, I shrug it off as being a "you get what you paid for" kind of thing. You can tell the game is geared more towards PVP from the get-go, but the price of admission isn't bad at all. I can play when I want and as long as I want without worrying about stupid monthly sub fees. It's been about 5 months since I last logged on, and it's good to know my characters are still there - waiting for me to log back in. I really have no complaints. I've definately played far worse.

It's super cheap now. I've seen Factions for $24.99 at Target, and NightFall is dropping in price (last I saw, it was $34.99) since Guild Wars 2 is coming out.

vales 05-22-2007 06:53 AM

WTH? Double post.

heathtalon 05-24-2007 03:00 AM

I saw a guildwars threepack (game + 2 expansions) for around $50 i think.

CrabClaw 05-24-2007 06:54 PM

I played GW for quite a while - it got real boring quick. The heavy instancing made you feel alone in a big world.

I do see where you would want an emulator though. It would be a hoot to be able to change the rules, max level and other fun stuff to break things up a bit. So i'll keep an eye on your work, it sounds interesting. :)

John Adams 05-25-2007 07:06 AM

Wait a minute... so the "GuildWars" emulator I keep hearing about is not an Everquest Emulator, but some other game? I thought "GuildWars" was just some super customized EQEmu that ran normal Everquest with a bunch of realm vs realm type features added that still worked with the EQ Client?

I think the cheese just slid off my cracker. Can anyone enlighten me?

yoman258 05-25-2007 09:04 AM

GuildWars was a name of a server on EQemulator.... BUT The Official Guild wars is a game that was created by an entirely different group, and offers no monthly subscriptions, but a one time fee of buying the game. It is in no way related to Everquest or the EQemulator at all.

gernblan 05-25-2007 10:48 AM

Then why post it here?

John Adams 05-25-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoman258
GuildWars was a name of a server on EQemulator.... BUT The Official Guild wars is a game that was created by an entirely different group, and offers no monthly subscriptions, but a one time fee of buying the game. It is in no way related to Everquest or the EQemulator at all.

Gotcha, so this thread has nothing to do with the EQEmulator (GuildWars) versions.

Thanks for un-confusing me.

techguy84 05-27-2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Then why post it here?
I think its simply because this is a community using a emulator, and some of us use other emulators. I have a emu for Nes, SNES, N64, Sega, MAME, SWG, PSX and PS2. I played guild wars awhile ago when it first come out and stores and I am one of the people that may be interested in it. I probably wont play it too much, as I dont even play Everquest, but I am one that says that the emulator idea as a whole is intriguing to me.

Funny how I can frequent these boards/project, but yet I havent actually sat down and played Everquest for more than 30 mins since I played on LIVE back when LDoN came out. My god its been that long.

mattmeck 05-27-2007 09:26 AM

Moved to proper section.

techguy84 05-27-2007 04:21 PM

Haha, I knew it was coming eventually.... thanks Matt