EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Blackburrow's Revenge (Alpha) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41227)

typenamehere 03-20-2017 09:21 PM

Blackburrow's Revenge (Alpha)

I am looking to open up Blackburrow's Revenge for Alpha testing. The server is no where close to being complete, but has a good foundation. I am looking for suggestions and feedback to ensure I am going in a direction that is enjoyable and unique.

What Blackburrow's Revenge is about:
-Lore centered after gnolls of blackburrow have just retaken North Qeynos
-custom-legit with 3 box limit
-all classes can be all races
-custom zonelines
-lots of source edits to change minor features, such as custom BL pets for races who normally cannot be a beastlord, rangers can do double damage with bow @ 1 instead of 50, and the way experience is calculated in a group
-custom spells for most classes. Examples include melee abilities that cost endurance, endurance heals for healing classes.
-daily dungeons with varying difficulties that take a new/custom take on a traditional ldon
-and lots more

Join us in Discord @ https://discord.gg/69Ctyse to provide feedback, bugs, chat, download spell file if you choose, and view updates.

Excuses 03-20-2017 11:24 PM

Will take a looksee

NostalgiaEQ 03-21-2017 03:54 AM

Be interested to see how you did the endurance skills. I know chaos and I discussed similar ideas. Also the gnolls in qeynos is an interesting idea it sounds like it could make a cool GM event in any server.

Maze_EQ 03-21-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ (Post 253617)
Be interested to see how you did the endurance skills. I know chaos and I discussed similar ideas. Also the gnolls in qeynos is an interesting idea it sounds like it could make a cool GM event in any server.

You do know that many skills/discs use endurance....right?

There's also a field that says Endurance Cost for spells.

NostalgiaEQ 03-21-2017 02:54 PM

Ya I think chaos is creating skills as spells to use endurance mabye that is what this person is doing too. I would like to make kick and feign death and stuff take endurance not sure how to do that while keeping them as skills.

Uleat 03-21-2017 02:56 PM

A lot of that stuff is hard-coded into the server and you would need to alter the code.

phorest 04-01-2017 08:33 PM

very fun server. it's neat to actually explore a new world feel.

phorest 04-07-2017 08:18 AM

a quick walk thru

ok so no a whole lot of info on what to do or starter tips so i will try to help out a bit here. this server is small (not many zones) but tons of fun.
No bots.
3 boxing allowed
mq allowed, but if you do afk shenanigans, you will be banned.

Starting out you pop in to North Qeynos. Looking at a gnoll. You are then spammed with all your spells thru level 51, and all skills set to 20.

The gnoll is Fippy Darkpaw. He tells you how the world got to be the way it is today, and starts a later mid-game quest.
Walk to the gate. South Qeynos is closed for renovations, so don't bother looking there.
Once att he gate, hail the guard. he will tell you about the critter issues in out in the newbie area and give a task. Do that task 2 times.
By the end of completing that task 2 times you should have some decent gear and be close to level 4 or 5.
Head back in to Qeynos and sell off your excess gear and bank. Tis is done at Sneed Galliway's Trading post. Right there where you spawn when you enter the world.
At this time you might want to choose to take up a trade skill. Why? Because all tradeskills are customized on this server. (did i mention augments drop that can be combines with other dropped materials to make nice weapons, jewelry etc etc)? Trannix Darkpaw will walk you thru that.
Head over to the Monk guild and out the back door of it. All the class trainers can be found there.
Talk to the gnoll fishing in the pond in front of the monk guild. He will give a nice quest about Acrylia caverns. (ya the zoneline is close)

Other stuff -
Customized zone lines. With every zone having custom content and event scripted style raid events made for low level solo players! (tons of fun)
When you die, no corpse run or rememming of spells required.
This server brings back the feeling of exploration and discovery without having to buy or learn a new game.

There ya go. I hope that helps newcomers.

Maze_EQ 04-07-2017 01:50 PM

Guess I'll try this tonight :)

mjbcb0717 04-07-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maze_EQ (Post 254125)
Guess I'll try this tonight :)

maze is my go to guy if i need to know a server is yay or nay...let me kno what up doe.

Maze_EQ 04-10-2017 12:08 PM

I ended up drunk at Mortenson's.

My bad.

mjbcb0717 04-10-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maze_EQ (Post 254148)
I ended up drunk at Mortenson's.

My bad.

Dammit maze I was counting on you. Do not fail me again.

Maze_EQ 04-11-2017 10:06 AM

Still drunk. Sry.