EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Infinitely teleporting party (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43105)

Player Juan 11-09-2020 04:52 PM

Infinitely teleporting party

Hi everyone,

I'm amazed by these tools and this community! I started my own private ProjectEQ server a few days ago, and I ran into a weird problem today. I portaled my group to blightfire moors, and now most of my party is in an infinite zone loading loop. They show up in the zone for a second, and it says "Entering the Arena" across the screen. Then they immediately zone back into blightfire moors. Repeat infinitely. I tried moving them with the GM #summon command, but I don't think it's working because they're stuck loading the zone, rather than being in a zone. I was using MQ2 when this started, but I tried logging in with it disabled, and the same thing kept happening. Does anyone know what might cause this? Is there a fix? If not, is there a way to relocate my characters by modifying server files?

Thanks!

Secrets 11-09-2020 05:47 PM

This normally means that your characters do not have the required status to reach that zone, or there are not enough zoneservers booted for your character to load into.

Check the 'zone' table and make sure your character can access the zone in question.

Failing that, the #movechar command can get an offline character moved.

Player Juan 11-09-2020 06:10 PM

I'm not sure how to check tables, but this would explain why only my GM-enabled character was able to load the zone. I used #movechar and saved them. Thanks!

Secrets 11-09-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Player Juan (Post 265717)
I'm not sure how to check tables, but this would explain why only my GM-enabled character was able to load the zone. I used #movechar and saved them. Thanks!

If you're using the EQEmu installer, use the included HeidiSQL and look at the 'zone' table and its minstatus, minlevel, etc, fields and adjust them accordingly.

Your username and password from the local install (eqemu_config.json) should be enough to figure it out.

Player Juan 11-09-2020 09:08 PM

Ok, I followed your directions and checked the minlevel and minstatus. The minlevel is 0, but the minstatus is 80. That's why my GM character was able to enter it. Apparently ProjectEQ sets unfinished zones to minstatus 80. Now I fully understand what happened and why. Thanks again! These suggestions would never have occurred to me.

Taleason 11-11-2020 06:29 PM

Since it's your own private server you could also run the following query.

Code:

UPDATE zone SET min_status=0, min_level=0, flag_needed='';

Player Juan 11-12-2020 03:11 PM

After learning some of the ins and outs of editing database files, I'll probably just manually edit zones through HeidiSQL if I want to allow people into those zones. You all have been very responsive and helpful.