EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Misc::Off Topic (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=595)
-   -   Ever-WoW, Everquest Remade (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37567)

XanatosNemos 11-30-2013 02:03 AM

Ever-WoW, Everquest Remade

Your going to love it or hate it, so far we've had great reviews.

We've made a WOW private server, but with EQ elements. As a long-time EQ lover myself, and still a huge fan. I wanted to recreate that content in a more seamless world. Not the easymode WOW people are used to but a challenging, difficult, everquest-like world. Its impractical to recreate everything, of course. But we can recreate some of the favorite contents such as the pantheons of gods, and planar raids, epics, etc. And tweak the existing WOW content to make it much more EQ like. Thoughts, suggestions, rants, hateposts, death threats, Love to hear your feedback.

Xanatos Nemos, Master of Shadows
Ever-WoW.com

Vindication 11-30-2013 02:56 AM

You're doing this still? Amazing. Looking forward to this again.

-Riddl / Famoorn

XanatosNemos 11-30-2013 03:17 AM

Ya, project fell apart before we could get it popular last time due to lack of help. Have more funds now to play with and this is a long-time passion of mine. Its in early beta phase now, but we are adding content quickly and the more players who want to test things out with us and help with balancing (and themes, content, suggestions, voting on server details, etc) ESPECIALLY EQ players will be a huge awesome:)

And the game is 100% playable now, we just havent added the custom raids or epic quests yet

knowom 11-30-2013 03:35 AM

Does it come with it's very own China farmer to spam us about cheap gold?!?!? My suggestion is that it should and the other is maybe trying the WoW emulator forums!!

Vindication 11-30-2013 04:36 AM

Still @ the triad.rr email that I have for you on google talk?

XanatosNemos 11-30-2013 04:29 PM

@triad.rr.com ya, email me there, ill try to sign on google talk but i havent used it in ages

Kilesh 11-30-2013 05:09 PM

Your login in is down.. just fyi..

XanatosNemos 11-30-2013 05:36 PM

?? its working fine for me.

XanatosNemos 11-30-2013 05:38 PM

we have short (10-20second) reboots sometimes to update content, since we are in beta, its possible you hit on one of those?

Kilesh 11-30-2013 08:53 PM

Perhaps, ill give it another try shortly.

Kilesh 11-30-2013 09:08 PM

Nope, everytime I try it tells me the login is down.

Cfuson 12-01-2013 03:04 AM

i Already had a 3.3.5 wow client on my pc so i made an account and just copied the realmlist over.

Its obvious this is a very very early stage of the game. I dont see any mention of Everquest anywhere on this server atm.

I could use some more info as to how you guys are making this a everquest type of server but with the wow client.

I see a huge amount of potential for useing the wow client but im not sure if the the data base can be edited good enough to actually make it seem like a fully functional EQ world.

Anyways my ign is malicre, ore shaman.

Nerdgasm 12-01-2013 03:14 PM

You know, I gave up on World of Warcraft because I didn't like how it was built, re-reading this, I think I will spend my spare time, when I'm not DEVin' Uthra on this server, got an hour left on the download!

djlegit83 12-01-2013 04:12 PM

I checked the server out. I can't find any references to EQ or anything like that. It seems like regular old WoW 3.3.5...

Kilesh 12-01-2013 05:59 PM

Im currently logged in as a blood elf pally.. dont see anyone else yet, hopefully that changes!