EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Bots (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   Invisible Items being returned? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40048)

Trackye 09-26-2015 09:02 AM

Invisible Items being returned?

Anyone else have this issue. It seems to be sporadic but sometimes when handing a Bot an item when they already have one equipped in that slot they will return the equipped item to you but it is invisible on your cursor...

Uleat 09-26-2015 12:30 PM

Sounds like an item loss waiting to happen...

Using an RoF or RoF2 client, I assume?

Trackye 09-26-2015 05:44 PM

ROF2 client for sure.

Only way to fix it is to zone or camp that I've found.

Doesn't seem to really be a rhyme or reason to why it does it sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.

Only happens when swapping an item though.

If i ask them to give me an item manually using inventory remove it works fine.

Uleat 09-26-2015 06:29 PM

It's an inventory desync issue (there are a lot of postings about this topic.)

The RoF and RoF2 clients handle inventory locations differently than older clients and the server.

A work-around was developed by one of the dev's..but, it's possible that the bot code doesn't play nice with it.

I'll take a look at it when I get a chance..but, whenever that happens, you really need to log out and back in, or zone, to fix the issue or you could (towit: will) lose items.

Most of the old inventory desync issues have been addressed.

This could be new, or maybe just never realized. Most of the fixes that I implemented were done before the first RoF client.

Trackye 09-26-2015 10:23 PM

Ah. Thank you for clearing that up Uleat.

Perhaps in the meantime I will revert back to the UF client.

Thanks!

Mortykins 09-27-2015 08:08 AM

This is also happening on Raid Addicts.

Mort

Quientus 01-04-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uleat (Post 243538)
It's an inventory desync issue (there are a lot of postings about this topic.)

The RoF and RoF2 clients handle inventory locations differently than older clients and the server.

A work-around was developed by one of the dev's..but, it's possible that the bot code doesn't play nice with it.

I'll take a look at it when I get a chance..but, whenever that happens, you really need to log out and back in, or zone, to fix the issue or you could (towit: will) lose items.

Most of the old inventory desync issues have been addressed.

This could be new, or maybe just never realized. Most of the fixes that I implemented were done before the first RoF client.

Old thread, but after searching, I couldn't find anything related as to whether or not this issue has been addressed (with patch ?) or how to work around it ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Uleat 01-04-2019 07:07 PM

Most likely still floating .. I saw it still on my list.

lctucker2999 01-09-2019 02:54 PM

I don't believe this issue is specifically related to bots. I usually experience it (RoF2 client) when I use the loot all button, or right click to loot and item then start moving away from the corpse to auto-close the loot screen too fast, and it seems that the item is on the cursor, but you can't see it until you relog, then it's floating on your cursor when you log back in. This happens despite having open inventory space.

Uleat 01-09-2019 06:34 PM

If that's the case, then it is due to a known issue.

It doesn't occur with UF and older clients, does it?