EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Logging into the server. Please wait... (help plz) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24854)

ev1ls1nceb1rth 04-07-2008 02:11 AM

Logging into the server. Please wait... (help plz)

Okay I got everything ready, and when I get to the user/pass screen it goes to the logging into server window thingee, but no matter how long I wait it will not log me on. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, or how I could make this work? Thanks in advance!

mattmeck 04-07-2008 02:34 AM

Are you using a fresh install of Titanium right off the disks? Not downloaded, never patched to live?

ChaosSlayer 04-07-2008 02:45 AM

I just want to say that I have a simular continious problem that when I start EQ for the first time- it will ALWAYS freeze up between username/password and server select screen.
I then shut down EQ, start it again and whole thing works.
If I exit and run EQ again- it will freeze up.
Shut down, start again- works.

Must be some sort of minor glitch

ev1ls1nceb1rth 04-07-2008 02:49 AM

yes sir! fresh install not patched right off the disks, but i am having this issue yeah.. it just gets stuck on that screen that says logging in to server. please wait... it will not let me choose a server. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? your help is greatly appreciated!

ev1ls1nceb1rth 04-07-2008 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer (Post 146204)
I just want to say that I have a simular continious problem that when I start EQ for the first time- it will ALWAYS freeze up between username/password and server select screen.
I then shut down EQ, start it again and whole thing works.
If I exit and run EQ again- it will freeze up.
Shut down, start again- works.

Must be some sort of minor glitch

i also tried restarting it a couple of times and this didn't work for me unfortunately =[

mattmeck 04-07-2008 03:01 AM

Give us some info

Did you get it to work before?
OS?
Router?
Duel core?
cable?
Dial up?

blood type?

We need info to help you!

ev1ls1nceb1rth 04-07-2008 03:04 AM

okay i am running xp, dsl connection, no i never had it installed on this computer before nor have i ever used eqemu, i do have titanium installed, there is no router or anything i have no wireless here straight cable into the modem for me, is there anything else that i left out?

ev1ls1nceb1rth 04-07-2008 03:30 AM

plz help =[ =[ =[ =[

Secrets 04-07-2008 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ev1ls1nceb1rth (Post 146214)
okay i am running xp, dsl connection, no i never had it installed on this computer before nor have i ever used eqemu, i do have titanium installed, there is no router or anything i have no wireless here straight cable into the modem for me, is there anything else that i left out?

Seems like it should work. The only issue I could think of is fragmented files. Have you tried reinstalling titanium from the disks then changing eqhost again?

ev1ls1nceb1rth 04-07-2008 11:07 AM

can you think of anything else that would cause this to happen?

Andrew80k 04-07-2008 11:44 AM

Do you have a Firewall?

Aramid 04-07-2008 12:19 PM

Did you change your eqhost.txt file?

What is the date on your eqgame.exe file and what is the file size?