EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Server is shut down basically! (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35367)

bodi 06-02-2012 12:55 AM

Server is shut down basically!

Hey guys, out of nowhere, when nothing changed... My server pop went from 40 to zero. Everyone says they crash and cant get back in after. I even rebooted several times today and still they cannot. All i can think of is that my IP changed when I got directTV attached to my router yesterday, but that shouldnt change my IP should it? And I don't even know how to go about checking! Help! Max server pop was 9 today and as soon as they zoned once or twice, they got booted and couldn't get back in. The server is Nagafen's Lair. I am totally stumped. Please let me know if you have any ideas or can point me in a direction. Thanks!
Bodhi Satva
GM Nagafen's Lair

lerxst2112 06-02-2012 01:45 AM

http://www.whatismyip.com/ will show you what your external IP is. Your router should also be able to show it to you as the WAN IP.

bodi 06-02-2012 02:11 AM

ok, and remind me what I do with that information again?

Amra 06-02-2012 03:16 AM

A DirectTV connection is not viable to run a server as there is a delay when communicating with the satellite.

bodi 06-02-2012 03:53 AM

I have fiber optic internet, they just hijacked a part of it to power the DirectTV. I do not get my internet from directv. I get it from the power company here. Just to make sure we're on the same page.

Born2rot 06-02-2012 12:42 PM

Did they have to reboot your router or anything when they were F'ing with it? It might have jacked up your port forwarding.

Goregut

Uleat 06-03-2012 12:34 AM

Are you still having issues, or did the problem resolve itself?

U

bodi 06-03-2012 11:12 AM

still no resolution. I'm going to try to look up my port forwards and stuff now. If it gets resolved, ill post. Otherwise, any ideas are helpful. Server has been offline since my first post =(

Uleat 06-03-2012 07:50 PM

I'm good for taking people down the rabbit hole...

(Assuming that you've already checked your WAN address and port forwarding..)

Take a look at your ISP's website and see if there's a conflict with the required ports when using Dtv.

You could also setup a local Login Server to see if you can login from your LAN. This would let you know if your server is working or not.

U

bodi 06-04-2012 12:41 PM

Ok, my ports appear to be correctly forwarded...
5998-5999
7000-7500
9000-9100
My wan is just set to dynamic

I have no idea what the next step is...halp!

bodi 06-04-2012 01:05 PM

They can gate out, but when they log in and gate back to guildlobby, they crash and can't get back in.

TinOmen 06-04-2012 10:23 PM

Sad Ogre

Sorry to hear about the server issues. Bet my Ogre is starving by now, he'll have to eat some dwarves when it's back up and running. Wish I had some ideas on fixes for you.

Damn Ogres
TinOmen

Halomarine99 06-05-2012 01:42 AM

WTB NAGAFENS SERVER PST

idk what the hell u did, did u switch to directv like a week ago when the un stability started? because we have been crashing on zoning for the past week, and its just been shady

hope you get this shit figured out soon, i still cant login as of 1:45am est on june 5 2012

-Chum 60 warrior of Nagafen Server
-Dumm 60 Cleric of Nagafen Server

<Revival> There can only be one!

Halomarine99 06-05-2012 01:45 AM

also if this helps with the technical support, when i login it doesnt even go to the character select screen on any account i use, it only goes back to the login screen

-Chum 60 Warrior Nagafen Server
-Dumm 60 Cleric Nagafen Server

<Revival> There can only be one!

Uleat 06-05-2012 04:46 AM

If your server was working fine before Dtv install, and you haven't changed your server configuration, then it's most likely having Dtv or they messed up something during the install.

Try running tracert a few times to www.eqemulator.net and see what kind of ping times you're getting along the way.

I don't know where to go to check for UDP packet loss, but you could look around and see.

Are you running windows? Try a full virus scan..I just heard about a virus that can defeat digital signatures.

What's the name of your power company ISP and what state do you live in? I'll look around and see if other people are having similar issues with their internet connection using this combo.

U