EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Archive::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=616)
-   -   Hackerquest is doing well i see (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9371)

Hitatchi 09-09-2003 01:31 PM

Hackerquest is doing well i see

Just wanted to tell u all that dont have the patients to wait to go check out some stuff hackerquest is doing right now. :D no offense to the EQEmu team they doing great also!! (keep up the good work can't wait to see the next release) http://www.hackersquest.com/boards/v...light=commands just thought u would like to check out what they have done. Mobs spawn but its still a bit messy there :cry: but the item database is great u can log on and check it out. I just wanted to let u all know. If u cant stand waiting. Not much to do on it but its something!!!

sup2069 09-09-2003 01:56 PM

Theirs requires to much work to even play, I would rather wait for eqemu :)

Memener 09-10-2003 06:09 AM

Lol you cant even download it i get a 404 error evertime time try to download it

as of me downloading it i wanted to see how well they got the NPCs working

kanechart 09-10-2003 06:12 AM

I like to try but I find there guide little confusing hehe.

mattmeck 09-10-2003 06:20 AM

HQ is pretty good for being closed sorce but, its way behind where EQEMU is. IMO its not even worth downloading.

Suran 09-10-2003 04:11 PM

Hackers quest is a joke. I mean, they've done some decent stuff, but there is no support, meaning that if you have a tecnical problem, you get chewed out for being an idiot and a newb and possibly banned. Not to mention the fact that its closed source, the zones (if I remember right) are located all on the same comp (cant host zones on seperate servers, bad for big servers!). Just various things that have impressed me very much about EQEMU that HQ has not even tried to live up to.

Just my opinion, sorry if it's a little extreme.

tcsmyworld 09-10-2003 04:31 PM

HMMM.....
Haven't checked it out in quite awhile??
It has the ability to host Login , World , and Zone servers on seperate machines.
It also is no longer closed source , all work from here on is C++ , not ruby anymore , all additions are made with individual DLLs.
I'd give him credit for bringing it this far , it's actually looking promising.

Suran 09-10-2003 04:34 PM

Really? Maybe I just remembered wrong. But, yea, even getting that far is quite impressive, I'm just saying that the attitude of the people behind the project is sketchy at best, and it reflects in the usability of the program.

tcsmyworld 09-10-2003 04:43 PM

It was a one man show for a long time.
Went open source several months ago.
Zordon was the only coder I knew of , and he rarely made any appearances.

Suran 09-10-2003 04:44 PM

Really? Obviously my information is just skewed, I'm going to shut up. I lurked on their forums, and they were not nearly as friendly as these.

El_Labero 09-12-2003 06:43 PM

Friendly??? not long ago every newbie who asked for the patcher was flamed, and if i remember right some are banned.

Hackerquest is a simple zipfile which comes with a integrated Database so no SQL is needed. simply unzip, copy one file into everquest and it works. and finally it works with the current version of everquest. Thats a lot more than this emu does...

x-scythe 09-12-2003 07:23 PM

no

no...hackersquest is too much for some people to set up...on here all you gotta do is change your eqhost file and log on

El_Labero 09-12-2003 07:43 PM

same there only copy the eqhost file.
if you read the problems there, these are guys who have the game here, and the emu there, and so on. Hackerquest is only the Serversoftware, Eqemu has its own server, thats the different.
and i believe that is much easier too make your own server with hackersquest than with EQemu.

x-scythe 09-12-2003 07:45 PM

i think both emus have there plus sides and down sides...its more to what you prefer depending on which emu you play on...

El_Labero 09-12-2003 09:01 PM

yeah, but if i read the upper posts....i bet no one of these guys even tryed the server.

"the attitude of the people behind the project is sketchy at best, and it reflects in the usability of the program." if i read something like that i want to turn in the Hulk and smash something.

i mean his programm work, and other don