EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Tools (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Null Spell Editor (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31419)

Null 06-04-2010 04:54 AM

Null Spell Editor

Greetings,

I started building this just as a clone of the Ailia & Bleh Editor (the GUI layout is almost identical) with a few minor changes to fit my needs. It kept evolving over a few months of work off and on to the point that I didn't feel embarrassed at the thought of releasing it. So here it is!

Screenshots
File Loading
Spell Editing

Features:
  • Supports read/write directly from a Database or spells_us.txt (Titanium or SoF/SoD) and allows you to write back and forth between the two.
  • Write the entire contents of the spell data in your editor to the database or only the spells that you have changed.
  • Parses (Most) drop down values directly from spdat.h and skills.h which can be loaded directly from the SVN or locally. This means that you can select custom spell effects in your source directly in the editor or have them automatically updated as the project gets updated.
  • The search field updates the spell list in real-time with search filters. You can also select that it only displays changes that you have made since the last save.
  • Revert a single spell or the entire spell file back to the last save.
  • Copy and Delete spells. Copied spells are appended to the bottom of the spell list and marks it as a new spell.
  • Optional Spell Effect videos (thanks George!) that play in editor. Spell Effect videos that are added to the videos directory are automatically loaded in, so you can fill in missing videos yourself or replace existing ones.
  • Icon Preview for new_icon field.

Install Directions
  1. Download either NullSpellEdit.7z or NullSpellEdit_no_video.7z if you do not care about the videos.
  2. Extract its contents somewhere on your computer.
  3. If you want to access files remotely (like on the SVN) then run trustfall.bat which will add a security exception to your flash player for the directory that trustfall.bat is run from. This is entirely optional.
  4. Run NullSpellEditor.html and enjoy!

Known Issues
  • Spell Data loaded from the database will always write to a spells_us.txt as SoF format.
  • A full database write takes a very long time...go get a sandwich long for SoF based files.
  • Stock Everquest spell files that are loaded and then saved without any changes are slightly different then they started. This is because some values in the original files (mainly the SoF file) have blank entries. I replace these blanks with zeros if the value is a integer, but it shouldn't break your spell file.

Disclaimer
I have tested this pretty heavily but I do not guarantee that it wont hiccup or even explode. Please make backups before using this, and please post here if you have any problems.

trevius 06-04-2010 05:33 AM

Wow, that looks pretty amazing! Nice work and thanks for sharing that :D

I have your first bug report though; I am unable to load the skills.h file by browsing locally. It just seems to ignore it, or maybe it is loading for the spdat.h file instead when I try to load skills.h. The spdat.h file seems to load fine though. Also, the spell file itself loads fine.

It's awesome you set it to be that flexible as well as for it to be able to automatically adapt for the future.

EDIT: Another bug seems to be that it will not connect to my database either. I created a new user to test it out, and verified I could connect with that new user via Navicat, but your tool just times out.

GeorgeS 06-04-2010 10:36 AM

Just ran it briefly this morning, and it works very nicely.
You did a good job on incorporating the movies and editing in one package, and my hat is off to you - good job.

GeorgeS

Secrets 06-04-2010 11:06 AM

I stickied the thread for the time being. Haven't checked it out but it sounds nice from what is described here.

Null 06-04-2010 12:56 PM

Thanks for the comments and I hope you get some good use out of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevius (Post 188639)
I have your first bug report though; I am unable to load the skills.h file by browsing locally. It just seems to ignore it, or maybe it is loading for the spdat.h file instead when I try to load skills.h. The spdat.h file seems to load fine though. Also, the spell file itself loads fine.

After you try to locally load all 3 files does the submit button still light up despite it saying that the skills.h file is needed? I might have just forgot to set the status for that file on a local load.

Quote:

EDIT: Another bug seems to be that it will not connect to my database either. I created a new user to test it out, and verified I could connect with that new user via Navicat, but your tool just times out.
Did you try running trustfall.bat? Is the database localhost or are you accessing it remotely? I am thinking it is either a flash sandbox issue (trustfall.bat will resolve this) or that my timeout is a little too militant for a remote database connect.

trevius 06-05-2010 01:10 AM

Yeah, the DB is on another PC on my LAN. I was finally able to get it all working by using IE instead of Firefox. I may still need to mess around with the Firefox settings to get it working properly. Either way, the tool is pretty impressive :)

Akkadius 06-05-2010 02:10 AM

Wow this is very impressive. Thank you so much for this!

Null 06-05-2010 02:25 AM

I fixed the local skills.h load and put up a new version, enjoy!

trevius 06-05-2010 03:19 AM

The new version works great, thanks! I got skills.h to load locally just fine this time. You may want to specify on that screen that it wants zone/spdat.h and common/skills.h, because there is also a zone/skills.h file.

I can connect to my DB after running your .bat file, I just had to restart Firefox.

One minor detail is that the most recent upload seems to contain your assets and history folders outside of the NullSpellEdit folder as well as within it. Not a big deal, but thought it might be worth mentioning to reduce possible confusion.

Also, would it be possible to have a config file to save your file/DB loading settings so you don't have to set them each time you start up the editor? Another minor suggestion would be to set the default URLs for loading spdat.h and skills.h to use the trunk instead of the spells branch.

I haven't used the tool much yet, but so far I am impressed. I like how it automatically updates the icon and effect video as soon as you start altering either of those fields. Does the tool use the new icon types or are they an older version of icons? I don't know if spells might use a different gem icon and buff icon offhand, but if so, it might be nice to show both types.

Null 06-06-2010 05:10 AM

I put up a new version that will save your loading preferences. I also added a button to reset them and a check box for password inclusion. The default remote location for spdat and skills are now pointing at the trunk instead of the spellsbranch.

The additional icon previews will take a bit more time then I have at the moment, but its definitely something I can work in eventually.

Thanks for the requests Trevius!

edit:

I spoke too soon, small problem with the spdat and skills file preference saving, ill have a new version up soon.

Null 06-06-2010 06:28 AM

So apparently the object I am using to bring up the file browser window doesn't expose the absolute path of the file that is selected...

This means that I cannot save off the path to use later. You can enter a local file path in the URL field then click 'Load URL' and it will load the file for you and save the path.

Ill look into it some more and if I think of a better option ill put it in later on.

trevius 06-06-2010 08:09 AM

Thanks for the changes/fixes so far :D

It looks like the skills.h is still being a bit flakey, though. I am able to load from URL like you suggested by putting my local path in there for spdat.h, but it fails for skills.h:

F:\EQEmuServer\zone\spdat.h

F:\EQEmuServer\common\skills.h

Probably related to the problem with browsing for the local file that was happening before.

Null 06-06-2010 04:17 PM

Ok, I finally reproduced the error that you are getting. The only way I could get it to react the way that you are describing is to extract the zip to a new folder and not run trustfall.bat for that folder. The bug is that the status label is getting set to complete for spdat.h even though its getting a flash player error in the background preventing it from loading.

Try running trustfall.bat and see if that doesn't clear up the problem.

trevius 06-09-2010 07:07 AM

Thanks. It looks like everything is working great now. All of the information is saving properly with 1 exception; The spell file location doesn't save. I think if you added a field for the location like the other files, it could be saved.

AudioGarden21 07-09-2010 01:25 AM

Database Error

When I try to load the spell file from the database I get an error that says, "Database Error". I can load the spell file locally, and I can connect to the database, but if I click "From Database" it gives me the above error.

I also have an issue with writing changes or full write to database. The former does nothing and the latter just drops my entire spells_new table.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried it out on two different PCs, neither worked right.

I'd very much like to get this working because for one, it's sexy, and for two, since I'm rather anal retentive about making sure every detail is complete, importing spell files after minor changes to one thing (which I do a lot, ugh) takes up quite a bit of time and having the option to apply the changes directly to the database would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nilbog 07-09-2010 02:17 AM

Hey, nice job on the editor! Looking good.

I'm not sure if you are taking feature requests yet, but you mentioned your editor reads the new_icon field. I was interested in quality checking some of my spell gems.. and your editor looks perfect to see the stats and the graphics simultaneously. However, I use a different lineup of gem placement and pictures. Is there some way to replace what is loaded for the pictures?

Once again, nice job! This is the most attractive spell editor I've seen yet. Had no issues running it across a LAN.

Null 07-09-2010 11:54 AM

I have not been able to add in the new_icon preview yet, but when I do ill make sure to have it loaded from an external file (and ill move the other icons over also) so you can swap them out with whatever you want so long as it keeps the same dimensions as the original.

Null 07-09-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioGarden21 (Post 189637)
When I try to load the spell file from the database I get an error that says, "Database Error". I can load the spell file locally, and I can connect to the database, but if I click "From Database" it gives me the above error.

I also have an issue with writing changes or full write to database. The former does nothing and the latter just drops my entire spells_new table.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried it out on two different PCs, neither worked right.

I'd very much like to get this working because for one, it's sexy, and for two, since I'm rather anal retentive about making sure every detail is complete, importing spell files after minor changes to one thing (which I do a lot, ugh) takes up quite a bit of time and having the option to apply the changes directly to the database would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The only other time I have seen something like this happen was when one of the database fields got a name change. What SVN Build are you using?

If it is the above problem, I just need to update the SQL queries and it should be good to go, but I am unsure of the best approach to keep things like this from breaking in the future.

maybe expose the expected field list so it doesn't take a recompile to fix?

AudioGarden21 07-09-2010 06:37 PM

I'm using the latest SVN 1549.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I had to drop the items table because it was faulty with the server code and imported the items table from one of GeorgeS' compiled server/databse zips on his page.

Without doing so would cause an error when starting the server, but it works perfectly with GeorgeS' items table.

EDIT

When I look at the database in Heidi there's a table called "db_version" that says 1535 however.

Caryatis 07-09-2010 07:46 PM

You are most likely missing this SQL Update which affected the items table in rev1542

AudioGarden21 07-09-2010 09:19 PM

I don't suppose you mean source the update, because I've tried that every which way I can and it spams nothing but errors saying either duplicate column or can't drop a column.

How would I apply the update?

AudioGarden21 07-11-2010 10:34 AM

Hmm, so I updated to the latest revision 1589 and it still gives me the database error.

Null 07-12-2010 03:37 AM

Can you send me a list of column names in your spells_new table?

AudioGarden21 07-14-2010 01:47 AM

Certainly Null. And thanks for helping.

Going from left to right I have:

id
name
player_1
teleport_zone
you_cast
other_casts
cast_on_you
cast_on_other
spell_fades
range
aoerange
pushback
pushup
cast_time
recovery_time
recast_time
buffdurationformula
buffduration
AEDuration
mana
effect_base_value1
effect_base_value2
effect_base_value3
effect_base_value4
effect_base_value5
effect_base_value6
effect_base_value7
effect_base_value8
effect_base_value9
effect_base_value10
effect_base_value11
effect_base_value12
effect_limit_value1
effect_limit_value2
effect_limit_value3
effect_limit_value4
effect_limit_value5
effect_limit_value6
effect_limit_value7
effect_limit_value8
effect_limit_value9
effect_limit_value10
effect_limit_value11
effect_limit_value12
max1
max2
max3
max4
max5
max6
max7
max8
max9
max10
max11
max12
icon
memicon
components1
components2
components3
components4
component_counts1
component_counts2
component_counts3
component_counts4
NoexpendReagent1
NoexpendReagent2
NoexpendReagent3
NoexpendReagent4
formula1
formula2
formula3
formula4
formula5
formula6
formula7
formula8
formula9
formula10
formula11
formula12
LightType
goodEffect
Activated
resisttype
effectid1
effectid2
effectid3
effectid4
effectid5
effectid6
effectid7
effectid8
effectid9
effectid10
effectid11
effectid12
targettype
basediff
skill
zonetype
EnvironmentType
TimeOfDay
classes1
classes2
classes3
classes4
classes5
classes6
classes7
classes8
classes9
classes10
classes11
classes12
classes13
classes14
classes15
classes16
CastingAnim
TargetAnim
TravelType
SpellAffectIndex
field124
field125
deities1
deities2
deities3
deities4
deities5
deities6
deities7
deities8
deities9
deities10
deities11
deities12
deities13
deities14
deities15
deities16
field142
field143
new_icon
spellanim
uninterruptable
ResistDiff
dot_stacking_exempt
deleteable <--- noticed the typo on the database, should be deletable)
RecourseLink
field151
field152
field153
short_buff_box
descnum
typedescnum
effectdescnum
field158
field159
field160
field161
bonushate
field163
field164
field165
EndurCost
EndurTimerIndex
field168
field169
field170
field171
field172
HateAdded
EndurUpkeep
field175
numhits
pvpresistbase
pvpresistcalc
pvpresistcap
spell_category
field181
field182
field183
field184
can_mgb
nodispell
npc_category
npc_usefulness
field189
field190
field191
field192
nimbuseffect
field194
field195
field196
field197
field198
field199
field200
field201
field202
field203
field204
field205
field206
spellgroup
field208
field209
field210
field211
allowrest
field213
field214

That should do it. I hope it helps rectify the problem. And I hope I didn't make too many grammatical errors. =P

Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Cheers!

Null 07-14-2010 05:25 PM

I think I see the problem, ill put up a new build after work tonight.

Null 07-15-2010 04:35 AM

v1.1.9

Here is a new version that has updated table queries. I might make these queries pulled from a file in the future so I can avoid having to put up a new build every time a field name gets changed.

I am leaving up the previous version also (link is on the first post) for people who don't need/want to update their db version for whatever reason.

Null Spell Editor v1.1.9

Null Spell Editor v1.1.9 (no videos)

Enjoy!

GaG 07-15-2010 06:42 AM

still does not work for me on newest db Rev it just wipes the table and stops

trevius 07-15-2010 08:51 AM

Thanks for the update, Null! I will give it a shot this weekend :)

I am sure it was due to my change to identify the nimbus effect field out of the list of unknowns. I wish we knew more fields, but those higher ones are hard to figure out.

AudioGarden21 07-15-2010 10:55 AM

Thanks Null! It that fixed that issue!

However... (always that however in lurking somewhere, isn't there? =/ )

After testing the update a bit on two different PCs, I've discovered a few things I thought I should bring to your attention.

1. Creating a new spell via "copy" command and writing changes to the database works with both Firefox and IE on both PCs. But if you alter a spell, for instance just the name of the new spell AFTER you write the new spell to the database it will not change anything. This applies to all spells currently in the database already.

It appears that anything that already exists in the database is not being overridden when writing changes to the database. I think of all functions available with your editor, that one would be essential as it saves a lot of time having to export to Spell IO to make changes to any spells that already exist.

I'm not sure if this is an actual function of this feature, to re-write changes over existing spell entries, or not. But logic tells me that's the way you designed it to function. It just isn't, unfortunately.

2. This one is quite minor because there's an easy work around, but the bottom of the login portion (the reset and submit buttons specifically) of the editor is cut off on my 19 inch CRT monitor running 10x7 resolution. Changing my resolution to 16x12 certainly fixes that issue, but of course text is so small you practically have to face-plant the monitor to read entries in the database.

I don't have a problem on my laptop because it naturally runs a higher resolution than my desktop does, and that's the PC I use for my server. Like I said a minor issue.

Might I suggest a fix to widen the login screen horizontally, so it doesn't extend so much vertically? I think that would certainly fix any and all issues regarding different user resolution settings, and we all know that everyone has their preferences that vary as much as the people themselves.

Thanks again Null, you're the man!

Null 07-15-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioGarden21 (Post 189828)
Thanks Null! It that fixed that issue!

However... (always that however in lurking somewhere, isn't there? =/ )

After testing the update a bit on two different PCs, I've discovered a few things I thought I should bring to your attention.

1. Creating a new spell via "copy" command and writing changes to the database works with both Firefox and IE on both PCs. But if you alter a spell, for instance just the name of the new spell AFTER you write the new spell to the database it will not change anything. This applies to all spells currently in the database already.

It appears that anything that already exists in the database is not being overridden when writing changes to the database. I think of all functions available with your editor, that one would be essential as it saves a lot of time having to export to Spell IO to make changes to any spells that already exist.

I'm not sure if this is an actual function of this feature, to re-write changes over existing spell entries, or not. But logic tells me that's the way you designed it to function. It just isn't, unfortunately.

If I am understanding the issue correctly, you are importing from a spells_us.txt then writing your changes to the database and it is only updating the ones you have changed. Write Changes will write only the spells that have been altered since the last import/save/write. Full Write will write everything to the database no matter if it has been changed or not. I did it this way for performance reasons since doing a full write to the database can take a very long time.

So if you want to get the spells in your spells_us.txt into your database, you will need to import from file, then full write to the database. Then any other time you want to load your spells, you can do so directly from the database and just save off a spells_us.txt when you need to make a version for your players.

If this isn't the problem that you are having, can you give me step by step instructions of what you are doing so I can reproduce it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioGarden21 (Post 189828)
2. This one is quite minor because there's an easy work around, but the bottom of the login portion (the reset and submit buttons specifically) of the editor is cut off on my 19 inch CRT monitor running 10x7 resolution. Changing my resolution to 16x12 certainly fixes that issue, but of course text is so small you practically have to face-plant the monitor to read entries in the database.

I don't have a problem on my laptop because it naturally runs a higher resolution than my desktop does, and that's the PC I use for my server. Like I said a minor issue.

Might I suggest a fix to widen the login screen horizontally, so it doesn't extend so much vertically? I think that would certainly fix any and all issues regarding different user resolution settings, and we all know that everyone has their preferences that vary as much as the people themselves.

I thought it would scale but I just tested it and yea, it really doesnt like that low of a resolution. I'll try and get it a bit more friendly with lower resolutions in the future.

Null 07-15-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaG (Post 189821)
still does not work for me on newest db Rev it just wipes the table and stops

When you get to the login screen, does the version in the uper right hand corner of the login window say 'v1.1.9'?

Can you double check that the fields in your database are the same as the fields listed by AudioGarden21?

If they are, can you check that the user that are you using to log into mysql has proper permissions to insert/update?

GaG 07-15-2010 05:06 PM

The version is v1.19, and im using Root to login the spell fields Look the same but i might of missed one so exported them from my db and Pasted em here,
btw thanks for the Super fast responce and all your hard word on this Fine Tool

`id`
`name`
`player_1`
`teleport_zone`
`you_cast`
`other_casts`
`cast_on_you`
`cast_on_other`
`spell_fades`
`range`
`aoerange`
`pushback`
`pushup`
`cast_time`
`recovery_time`
`recast_time`
`buffdurationformula`
`buffduration`
`AEDuration`
`mana`
`effect_base_value1`
`effect_base_value2`
`effect_base_value3`
`effect_base_value4`
`effect_base_value5`
`effect_base_value6`
`effect_base_value7`
`effect_base_value8`
`effect_base_value9`
`effect_base_value10`
`effect_base_value11`
`effect_base_value12`
`effect_limit_value1`
`effect_limit_value2`
`effect_limit_value3`
`effect_limit_value4`
`effect_limit_value5`
`effect_limit_value6`
`effect_limit_value7`
`effect_limit_value8`
`effect_limit_value9`
`effect_limit_value10`
`effect_limit_value11`
`effect_limit_value12`
`max1`
`max2`
`max3`
`max4`
`max5`
`max6`
`max7`
`max8`
`max9`
`max10`
`max11`
`max12`
`icon`
`memicon`
`components1`
`components2`
`components3`
`components4`
`component_counts1`
`component_counts2`
`component_counts3`
`component_counts4`
`NoexpendReagent1`
`NoexpendReagent2`
`NoexpendReagent3`
`NoexpendReagent4`
`formula1`
`formula2`
`formula3`
`formula4`
`formula5`
`formula6`
`formula7`
`formula8`
`formula9`
`formula10`
`formula11`
`formula12`
`LightType`
`goodEffect`
`Activated`
`resisttype`
`effectid1`
`effectid2`
`effectid3`
`effectid4`
`effectid5`
`effectid6`
`effectid7`
`effectid8`
`effectid9`
`effectid10`
`effectid11`
`effectid12`
`targettype`
`basediff`
`skill`
`zonetype`
`EnvironmentType`
`TimeOfDay`
`classes1`
`classes2`
`classes3`
`classes4`
`classes5`
`classes6`
`classes7`
`classes8`
`classes9`
`classes10`
`classes11`
`classes12`
`classes13`
`classes14`
`classes15`
`classes16`
`CastingAnim`
`TargetAnim`
`TravelType`
`SpellAffectIndex`
`field124`
`field125`
`deities1`
`deities2`
`deities3`
`deities4`
`deities5`
`deities6`
`deities7`
`deities8`
`deities9`
`deities10`
`deities11`
`deities12`
`deities13`
`deities14`
`deities15`
`deities16`
`field142`
`field143`
`new_icon`
`spellanim`
`uninterruptable`
`ResistDiff`
`dot_stacking_exempt`
`deleteable`
`RecourseLink`
`field151`
`field152`
`field153`
`short_buff_box`
`descnum`
`typedescnum`
`effectdescnum`
`field158`
`field159`
`field160`
`field161`
`bonushate`
`field163`
`field164`
`field165`
`EndurCost`
`EndurTimerIndex`
`field168`
`field169`
`field170`
`field171`
`field172`
`HateAdded`
`EndurUpkeep`
`field175` ,
`numhits`
`pvpresistbase`
`pvpresistcalc`
`pvpresistcap`
`spell_category`
`field181`
`field182`
`field183`
`field184`
`can_mgb`
`nodispell`
`npc_category`
`npc_usefulness`
`field189`
`field190`
`field191`
`field192`
`nimbuseffect`
`field194`
`field195`
`field196`
`field197`
`field198`
`field199`
`field200`
`field201`
`field202`
`field203`
`field204`
`field205`
`field206`
`spellgroup`
`field208`
`field209`
`field210`
`field211`
`allowrest`
`field213`
`field214`

Null 07-15-2010 06:35 PM

Yea, they are identical...

When you login, are the drop down menus for all the pages populated? If they are not then it might be tripping up on the file parsing for the *.h files.

Are you using the most recent version of Flash?

The only other thing I can think of is that Flash is throwing an error silently... If you download and install the debug version of flash player then you will get error popups when flash has a problem. The only issue with the debug version is that -many- websites, even well known ones have all sorts of runtime errors that you will have to click past/ignore.

Here is a link to the IE debug player

Here is a link to the Firefox/Opera/Chrome debug player

GaG 07-16-2010 01:09 AM

Yep all the menu items are there and no errors from the Flash debug version, could it have something to do with the fact im running Mysql 5.1x instead of 5.0x?

Null 07-16-2010 02:42 AM

I'm using 5.1 at home so probably not.

Can you try manually running these queries against your spells_new and let me know what happens?

TRUNCATE TABLE spells_new;

INSERT INTO spells_new(id, name, player_1, teleport_zone, you_cast, other_casts, cast_on_you, cast_on_other, spell_fades, range, aoerange, pushback, pushup, cast_time, recovery_time, recast_time, buffdurationformula, buffduration, AEDuration, mana, effect_base_value1, effect_base_value2, effect_base_value3, effect_base_value4, effect_base_value5, effect_base_value6, effect_base_value7, effect_base_value8, effect_base_value9, effect_base_value10, effect_base_value11, effect_base_value12, effect_limit_value1, effect_limit_value2, effect_limit_value3, effect_limit_value4, effect_limit_value5, effect_limit_value6, effect_limit_value7, effect_limit_value8, effect_limit_value9, effect_limit_value10, effect_limit_value11, effect_limit_value12, max1, max2, max3, max4, max5, max6, max7, max8, max9, max10, max11, max12, icon, memicon, components1, components2, components3, components4, component_counts1, component_counts2, component_counts3, component_counts4, NoexpendReagent1, NoexpendReagent2, NoexpendReagent3, NoexpendReagent4, formula1, formula2, formula3, formula4, formula5, formula6, formula7, formula8, formula9, formula10, formula11, formula12, LightType, goodEffect, Activated, resisttype, effectid1, effectid2, effectid3, effectid4, effectid5, effectid6, effectid7, effectid8, effectid9, effectid10, effectid11, effectid12, targettype, basediff, skill, zonetype, EnvironmentType, TimeOfDay, classes1, classes2, classes3, classes4, classes5, classes6, classes7, classes8, classes9, classes10, classes11, classes12, classes13, classes14, classes15, classes16, CastingAnim, TargetAnim, TravelType, SpellAffectIndex, field124, field125, deities1, deities2, deities3, deities4, deities5, deities6, deities7, deities8, deities9, deities10, deities11, deities12, deities13, deities14, deities15, deities16, field142, field143, new_icon, spellanim, uninterruptable, ResistDiff, dot_stacking_exempt, deleteable, RecourseLink, field151, field152, field153, short_buff_box, descnum, typedescnum, effectdescnum, field158, field159, field160, field161, bonushate, field163, field164, field165, EndurCost, EndurTimerIndex, field168, field169, field170, field171, field172, HateAdded, EndurUpkeep, field175, numhits, pvpresistbase, pvpresistcalc, pvpresistcap, spell_category, field181, field182, field183, field184, can_mgb, nodispell, npc_category, npc_usefulness, field189, field190, field191, field192, nimbuseffect, field194, field195, field196, field197, field198, field199, field200, field201) VALUES(3,"Summon Corpse","PLAYER_1","","","","","","",10000,0,0,0,5 000,2250,12000,0,0,0,700,70,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,25 12,2106,17355,-1,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100, 0,1,0,0,91,254,254,254,254,254,254,254,254,254,254 ,254,5,20,14,-1,0,0,255,255,255,255,51,255,255,255,255,255,255,2 55,255,255,255,255,43,0,0,4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,100,0,109,83,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,125 ,64,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,6,101,49 ,52,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0);

GaG 07-16-2010 07:39 AM

SQL Error (1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax: Check the Manual Thate corresponds to your Mysql server version for the right syntax to use near 'range, aoerange, puchback, pushup, cast_time, recovery_time. recast_time. buffdu' at line 1

AudioGarden21 07-16-2010 07:56 AM

I know exactly what he's talking about Null. I had this issue before your update as well.

Forgive me if I hadn't explained the issue as clearly as I thought.

So allow me to reiterate what's happening for me.

Step 1.

Step 2.

Copy any spell in the list, then click "Write Changes to Database". Check HeidiSQL and the new spell is visible, there is a copy of a custom spell of mine called "Recall". Database shows "Copy of Recall".

Step 3.

Change the name of the copy of the custom spell to "Copy of Recall Test", then click "Write Changes to Database". Check HeidiSQL and the file name is exactly the same as it was before, "Copy of Recall". No change took place.

The only function that works for me and "Write Changes to Database" is the "Copy" function. The Delete function doesn't work, nor does altering any data on a spell, including something simple like the name.

GaG's issue stems from the same issue as "Write Changes to Database". Neither functions are doing what they're supposed to do, which is alter the database.

As for "Full Write to Database" it will clear the database (it did this to me before I even posted on this thread), but it won't write anything.

Writing changes to database, full write, and delete do not write anything unfortunately. The only thing that actually writes any change to the database is the "Copy" function. You can copy something, alter it, then write that change to the database, but after you write that change you can no longer write further changes to that same spell you just copied. Basically a one-shot deal.

This applies also to spells that are in the spells_new file already.

It appears that the ability to write completely new rows is functioning only with the "Copy" function (as seen in the case when copying a spell and writing a whole new row) but you cannot update a spell after it has been inserted and saved into a row on the database.

I hope I've made it a little more clear this time around.

You've been a great help with this tool and your support for it. I'm behind it all the way and I hope that we here in this thread can make it the highlight of spell editing tools. Love ya George but you have enough tools that we all love, so you can share some of the lime-light. =p

You've done a great job Null, keep it up!

Null 07-16-2010 11:54 PM

v1.1.10

I am pretty sure I fixed the problem. Apparently I rolled my face across the keyboard when I was updating my queries and caused a whole mess of issues. I added an error message so next time this happens it will be more apparent.

Null Spell Editor v1.1.10

Null Spell Editor v1.1.10 (No Videos)

Let me know if you have any other issues.

AudioGarden21 07-17-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null (Post 189881)
I am pretty sure I fixed the problem. Apparently I rolled my face across the keyboard when I was updating my queries and caused a whole mess of issues. I added an error message so next time this happens it will be more apparent.

Null Spell Editor v1.1.10

Null Spell Editor v1.1.10 (No Videos)

Let me know if you have any other issues.

LMAO! Well, I'm restarting my laptop (which runs my server) currently but I will be sure to check it and get back to you as soon as it's done.

EDIT

Congratulations on a job well done Null. You are the frickin' man. Now all you have left is that minor issue we discussed earlier (I don't really care one way or another as long as the function of the program is operable) and you can call this a finished product ready for shipping.

I'm quite excited to have this fix to writing changes to the database because it saves me soooo much time testing spells. Before this fix I had to make the adjustments to the spell I was working on, export it, then use the GeorgeS' Spell IO program, which would take about 1 minute or 2 to finalize. Considering I only want to make a few minor adjustments to a single spell at a time, you can see how that adds up...

With this new version I can bypass all of that completely by just writing the changes and ignoring spells that are already there.

Thank you so much Null. You're a life saver. I've actually put off spell adjustments until this was fixed because I simply dreaded all the time involved in doing so.

Way to go Null, way to go. You're my new hero.

P.S. - Null for President! *throws ticker tape*

EDIT 2

I just tested the "Delete" function and it's still on the fritz. Not that I care because deleting a spell manually isn't a big deal. As long as write changes works, I'm a happy camper. I just thought you'd like to know though.

I also tested "Full Write to Database" and that is functioning beautifully too. It does the full write AND removes spells that were deleted using the "Delete" function which fails to do it's job.

So everything is in pristine order other than the login screen layout and delete function, so once you've addressed those issues you're golden hoss.

P.S. - Your "Full Write to Database" function is probably 100 times faster than Spell IO. It literally takes about 3 seconds. A superior spell editor to anything else I've used.

Null 07-17-2010 03:16 AM

I have a fixes for delete and the positioning issue you were having, but I want to test it in the morning when I am a bit more sober.