EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Pets are not summonable (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38686)

Trubles 08-28-2014 05:47 PM

Pets are not summonable

Any pets on the server that are summoned immediately disappear when the spell is finished casting.

Anyone got a clue? I'm stumped.

Nightrider84 08-28-2014 08:18 PM

if you dont have anything significantly changed in your DB id drop it and recreate it. chances are it was an error on creation. thats the first thing id suggest

Leetsauce 08-28-2014 09:35 PM

Is this happening to all pets or just post 70 pets?

Edit: re-read post. Since it's any pet I would suggest dropping at least the table and restoring it. I had this issue once when I was trying to edit npc's en masse and not paying attention to what I was changing.

Trubles 08-29-2014 03:38 AM

Pets were working fine last night.

Changed spawn timers on some mobs and bam, broken.

Guess I can look through and see if pets have an actual spawn time.

Leetsauce 08-29-2014 12:40 PM

I found out that I had to add ' where Id > 1000 ' to eliminate editing pets.

Kingly_Krab 08-29-2014 01:26 PM

Spawn timers wouldn't break pets, as the pets don't (shouldn't) have spawn2, spawngroup, or spawnentry entries in the database. Do you have any debug logs or anything? Can you do #logs all and see if anything is sent back when you cast a pet spell?

Mill3nia 08-29-2014 11:53 PM

any help would be awesome, I've done a lot to the DB dropping it for a fresh one wouldn't really be an option at this point. I don't see any logs about the spells. everything in the db looks to be in order, when you summon a pet it just vanishes the second it's summoned, what is weird is players claim their pet works one moment and then after I do a server reset, and they can't summon anymore. really confusing.
edit: I went to the bazaar on test character, I am able to summon a pet in the bazaar. but nowhere else I've tried. and it disappears when I zone.
can anyone think of a reason why pets would summon just fine in bazaar, and nowhere else?

Mill3nia 08-30-2014 09:42 PM

Narrowed it down to global_npc.pl I have setup for the random loot. if anybody can take a look at this and see what could possibly cause it let me know please!

Code:

sub EVENT_SPAWN{
    #::: START: Akka's Diablo Loot Handler :::#
    $NTYPE = 0; #::: TRASH
    if(substr($npc->GetName(), 0, 1) eq "#" && substr($npc->GetName(), 1, 2) ne "#"){  $NTYPE = 1; } #::: NAMED
    if(substr($npc->GetName(), 0, 2) eq "##" && substr($npc->GetName(), 2, 3) ne "#"){ $NTYPE = 2; } #::: RAID
    $LID = (200000 + ($NTYPE * 1000) + $npc->GetLevel());
    if($npc->GetLoottableID() != $LID){
        $npc->ModifyNPCStat("loottable_id", (210000 + ($NTYPE * 1000) + $npc->GetLevel())); $npc->AddLootTable();
        $npc->ModifyNPCStat("loottable_id", (200000 + ($NTYPE * 1000) + $npc->GetLevel())); $npc->AddLootTable();
    }
    #::: END: Akka's Diablo Loot Handler :::#
}

Edit: I figured it out. update if anybody else has this issue put "return unless $npc->GetLoottableID();" after #::: START: Akka's Diablo Loot Handler :::# and before $NTYPE