EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Spell Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=664)
-   -   Getting a pet to cast a heal spell (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43068)

Xanathol 09-22-2020 02:42 PM

Getting a pet to cast a heal spell

I wanted to implement a cleric class temporary pet, so for testing purposes, I have changed the class on the mage air pet to a cleric and set the spell set to 1 (default cleric). As such, the pet will attack, cast yaulp, dds, and other buffs, but will never cast a heal (on itself, its owner, etc).

I tried disabling melee via 39^1 attribute and even made a new spell list of just the heal spells and set the list to use to it, but still no dice. I've even tried to make the pet a self only beneficial spell with the restricted spell list but all it does is target its owner - no spells.

Any thoughts?

ChaosSlayerZ 09-22-2020 07:49 PM

hmm I also wanted to make heal pet way back.
Do your regular NPC cast heals?

Xanathol 09-23-2020 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ (Post 265502)
hmm I also wanted to make heal pet way back.
Do your regular NPC cast heals?

Good call - turns out, none of my NPCs that are clerics (at least) are healing. For ex. I pulled the 3 mobs in Maiden's Eye near Umbral zone line (all clerics) and took all of them to 8% health - no heals spells casts. They will buff when unaggro'd and cast yaulp or DDs while aggro'd but no heals.

Any clues?

ChaosSlayerZ 09-23-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanathol (Post 265504)
Good call - turns out, none of my NPCs that are clerics (at least) are healing. For ex. I pulled the 3 mobs in Maiden's Eye near Umbral zone line (all clerics) and took all of them to 8% health - no heals spells casts. They will buff when unaggro'd and cast yaulp or DDs while aggro'd but no heals.

Any clues?

there use to be a rule in DB that was called - "npc buff/heal friends" - check if that one is on. On other hand they should always at least heal themselves.
I may need to check my own npcs ;)

Xanathol 09-23-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ (Post 265505)
there use to be a rule in DB that was called - "npc buff/heal friends" - check if that one is on. On other hand they should always at least heal themselves.
I may need to check my own npcs ;)

Thanks but already checked that. :)

After a lot of debugging, I was able to get heals to work but no telling what all I broke in the process. Here's the changes I made.

In AICastSpell, under the switch for the AISpells[i].type, I commented out the line that prevents buffing PC pets:

Code:

switch (AIspells[i].type) {
                                        case SpellType_Heal: {
                                                LogAI( "AI NPC [{}]: Tar [{}] DontHealMeBefore [{}] [{}]", this->GetName( ), tar->GetName( ), tar->DontHealMeBefore(), Timer::GetCurrentTime() );
                                                if (
                                                        (spells[AIspells[i].spellid].targettype == ST_Target || tar == this)
                                                        && tar->DontHealMeBefore() < Timer::GetCurrentTime()
                                                        // && !(tar->IsPet() && tar->GetOwner()->IsClient())        //no buffing PC's pets
                                                        ) {

In npc.cpp, under AICheckCloseBeneficialSpells, there is a check for indifferent faction which stops healing.

Code:

/**
        * Indifferent
        */
        //        if (caster->GetPrimaryFaction() == 0) {
        //                return false;
        //        }

In the same function, there is a check to prevent you being healed, which seems unneccessary:

Code:

if (mob->IsClient()) {
                        // continue;
                }

And then there is a faction check which makes no sense to me - never heal an NPC that has faction with you?!

Code:

if (mob->GetReverseFactionCon(caster) >= FACTION_KINDLY) {
                        // continue;
                }

After all those changes, I can now summon my cleric pet and it will heal me or even another pet, which is what I was after.

Hopefully that helps you or any others out as well.

ChaosSlayerZ 09-24-2020 07:42 PM

Very interesting, I am curious what devs think on this, why healing is disabled.