EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Feature Requests (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=612)
-   -   Inspect buffs without group (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39534)

lordnivek1 03-31-2015 09:33 PM

Inspect buffs without group

Is there any way to make it so I can use the group AA skill inspect buff without being in a group of three?

Drajor 04-03-2015 11:59 AM

This is untested, however this is where the condition is checked for group members being 3 or more. Change > 2 to > 1 and see what happens.

demonstar55 04-03-2015 12:15 PM

If you mean the NPC's buffs showing up in the target window you can make that change, but if you mean the /command then you're out of luck since the client has checks.

lordnivek1 04-03-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonstar55 (Post 239168)
If you mean the NPC's buffs showing up in the target window you can make that change, but if you mean the /command then you're out of luck since the client has checks.

yes I just want to make it so i can actually see the mobs buffs/debuffs in the target window without having to be in a group on my sever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drajor (Post 239164)
This is untested, however this is where the condition is checked for group members being 3 or more. Change > 2 to > 1 and see what happens.

Thank you I will look at this when I get some time here this weekend

lordnivek1 06-07-2015 11:11 AM

Has anyone had any luck with this? Nothing I have tried has worked. All I want is to be able to see the dots/debuffs that my necro casts on mobs without having to be in a group lol.

lordnivek1 06-07-2015 03:15 PM

This is what is in the aa.cpp I am guessing since it is noted and never been fixed that no one has been able to rewrite this to get it working.

Code:

void Client::InspectBuffs(Client* Inspector, int Rank)
{
        // At some point the removed the restriction of being a group member for this to work
        // not sure when, but the way it's coded now, it wouldn't work with mobs.
        if (!Inspector || Rank == 0)
                return;

EQApplicationPacket *outapp = new EQApplicationPacket(OP_InspectBuffs, sizeof(InspectBuffs_Struct));
        InspectBuffs_Struct *ib = (InspectBuffs_Struct *)outapp->pBuffer;

uint32 buff_count = GetMaxTotalSlots();
        uint32 packet_index = 0;
        for (uint32 i = 0; i < buff_count; i++) {
                if (buffs[i].spellid == SPELL_UNKNOWN)
                        continue;
                ib->spell_id[packet_index] = buffs[i].spellid;
                if (Rank > 1)
                        ib->tics_remaining[packet_index] = spells[buffs[i].spellid].buffdurationformula == DF_Permanent ? 0xFFFFFFFF : buffs[i].ticsremaining;
                packet_index++;
        }

Inspector->FastQueuePacket(&outapp);
}

demonstar55 06-07-2015 08:07 PM

That's not the same thing. (Same LAA, different effect)

lordnivek1 06-07-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonstar55 (Post 240799)
That's not the same thing. (Same LAA, different effect)

So is there any way to to make it so I can always see the buffs in the target window at all times?

demonstar55 06-07-2015 10:30 PM

I pushed code to support this.

lordnivek1 06-08-2015 08:09 AM

That is awesome!! Thank you very much for your help with this.

lordnivek1 06-08-2015 08:49 PM

I am still not able to get this to work. I did a new git pull, recompiled server with no problems, added the rule into the database in mysql, changed the rule id_set to 10 (i use 10 instead of 1 for my server), changed the rule from false to true(tried it with false also). still cant see buffs/dots/debuffs or anything on mobs. Did I do something wrong or miss something?

lordnivek1 06-10-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonstar55 (Post 240815)
I pushed code to support this.

Maybe I miss under stood what this meant. I was thinking that having buffs always show up was implemented, but after rereading maybe Demonstar55 just added code to make it possible to code in the ability.

demonstar55 06-10-2015 01:33 PM

Turn the rule on, target a mob, should be able to see his buffs/debuffs if he has any.

lordnivek1 06-10-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonstar55 (Post 240897)
Turn the rule on, target a mob, should be able to see his buffs/debuffs if he has any.

Hmm I can still only see buffs/debuffs with three people in my group but not when I am solo. I even make a brand new server to see if that would help. Well I guess I will keep playing with it then and try and figure out what I am doing wrong. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and add the code.

rencro 06-11-2015 12:19 AM

Slight bug in the code, need to change the Rule in the table from:

Code:

INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'false', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');
to

Code:

INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs', 'false', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');
Notice the extra needed s in there. Stop your server, update the rule in the db also set to true, restart server, and you should be golden..