EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Tools (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   EQEMU Patcher (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40319)

Shin Noir 01-06-2016 05:49 AM

EQEMU Patcher

Github Sourcecode Link
My Initial Alpha Release

http://i.imgur.com/GjNMzBH.png

Yep, yet another one.

I started this because I was tired of trying to figure out why players I group with couldn't get into zones, why their version is seeing human models, and trying to figure out if my vanilla copy Everquest was truly clean and finally once patched, if it's in sync with what the developers wanted me to see.

What am I doing differently?

I'm working on a way to MD5 Checksum every single critical file of every client version so if your files are out of sync, you are at least informed of it. I'm debating to what level I'll allow users to download client files (Feel free to give me input about this, and what extent I can offer files).

Oh, it's also open source for the patcher, meaning you're free to help fix bugs or take over the project later.

When I mentioned what I was after, Akka noted that the previous launcher hasn't been updated in a while, and the source code isn't available to him, so on top of the above situation, I may take the process the previous one was offering with server-based files in an easy to access patcher.

How can I help?

Note that my alpha is READ ONLY, and will not modify or affect any files

Post a reply in here if you enjoy this direction. You can also check out my alpha release, and follow the directions it shows.
- I'll try to guess your eqgame.exe version, if I fail, it'll give you a md5 i'd love to see along with your client version
- I have a scan option, where I scan every file in your EQ directory and md5 it, and ask you to toss it to my github issue area for me to process. (Issues Link Here)

Thanks for your attention.

Mortow 01-06-2016 10:18 PM

This looks very useful. I will test it out later. Thanks Shin.

Nerdgasm 01-25-2016 01:02 AM

How's this project going?

Shin Noir 01-25-2016 03:23 AM

Still being worked on. https://github.com/Xackery/eqemupatcher/commits/master

since it's a passion project, when friends urge me to hop on a private server, or what they want from my little project server i'm doing, can be tough to keep focus. Thanks for asking though, knowing people care makes me know it's worth putting more effort in. (I have concerns this is not super useful since there's so many custom patchers out there anyways).

rhyotte 02-14-2016 08:13 PM

A very cool project. Watching this with interest.

provocating 02-15-2016 10:20 AM

Oh wow, glad you started this. When I get back to work this week I will download the source and check it out.

Shin Noir 02-15-2016 05:00 PM

It's purely written in C#, I should put more effort since people are showing interest. I thought the idea was good and useful for everyone, since while I do not promote people using downloaded copies of clients, I imagine it happens, and at least this tool can give some reassurance you're not getting more than just vanilla client, due to the files being checksum'd. (And no, this tool does NOT download any files, it only sees if the checksum matches a vanilla copy.)

As well as, before applying a patch for a server, the owners of that server can test it with a common starting point (checksum the vanilla copy).

jpyou127 02-16-2016 11:58 AM

I like this, alot.

Celestial

Shin Noir 03-16-2016 09:26 PM

So, I have it where it can assist with the eqgame concerns (you run this, and hit play, it will find eqgame.exe and do the patchme flags etc). Can click image to get a release download link.

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/1...734b332e706e67

The scanner is still in the works, this isn't my highest priority but figured i'd show there is progress on it.

Shin Noir 06-19-2017 02:28 PM

necro posting here.
Been about a year.
http://i.imgur.com/QUrfXYs.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/VolBP6H.png
I have a working prototype now.

If you're a server owner and are interested in beta testing this project, lemme know.

Mortykins 06-19-2017 06:18 PM

Raid Addicts would be interested in that, anything I can to do help new players get things synced up as far as our custom spells and etc go the better.

Morty

N0ctrnl 06-20-2017 04:32 AM

Yeah, as we discussed, I'm definitely interested as well. The homegrown solution I came up with using rsync isn't as seamless as that shit. :)

Shin Noir 01-06-2018 07:24 PM

It seems a couple folks have been using this and enjoying it, so I updated the README with instructions. I'll update the original topic with some updated details.

chrsschb 01-31-2019 10:28 AM

Anyone tried to get this working lately?

I attempted it last night and didn't get very far.

filelistbuilder:
- filelistbuilder directory with filelistbuilder exe and /rof/ subdirectory
-- /rof/ subdirectory with filelistbuilder.yml (updated with prefix url) and a test file

When I run filelistbuilder exe it quickly opens a console that closes immediately, no files are generated.

eqemupatcher:
- downloaded the latest release and follow instructions, updated the server name and patch url, unblocked a file that kept getting flagged (MainForm.resx)
-- When I try to Test Release (per instructions) I get "There were build errors would you like to continue?"
--If I choose yes I get a "Just My Code Warning"

https://i.imgur.com/zVoLxNXl.png

And if I hit continue debugging I get these errors:

Code:

Severity        Code        Description        Project        File        Line        Suppression State
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\IniLibrary.cs        7        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\IniLibrary.cs        8        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs        11        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs        11        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs        12        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs        12        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'DeserializerBuilder' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs        125        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'CamelCaseNamingConvention' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs        125        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'DeserializerBuilder' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs        466        Active
Error        CS0246        The type or namespace name 'CamelCaseNamingConvention' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)        eqemupatcher        E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs        466        Active
Warning                Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "YamlDotNet, Version=4.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.        eqemupatcher                       
Warning                The referenced component 'YamlDotNet' could not be found.        eqemupatcher

Shin Noir 01-31-2019 10:41 AM

I pushed up a new version that should resolve your above challenge. I'm also talking to you via discord to see about helping out.

Note that eqemupatcher is a relatively advanced tool to get initially set up.

Once configured, however, it is made to be easy to maintain.