EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Bots (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   Need help with adding bots (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43820)

jamescameronsmith2004 02-25-2023 12:40 PM

Need help with adding bots

Hello, it's me... again, I just can't seem to get these bots to work... I used the auto setup thing but it says this

"[Database] Your server binaries (world/zone) are not compiled for bots"

Then

"Bots should be setup, run your server and the bot command should be available in-game (type '^help')"

But when I login game it says they are still disabled obv, could someone please help me? I don't know what to do

jamescameronsmith2004 02-25-2023 01:32 PM

now it says the bot commands are not available

Bugrup 03-12-2023 12:33 PM

A lot of the information kicking around is out of date, took me a while to get them going too.

If you're using a recent version of the code, then Bots are already in, you don't need to do anything from the setup program to install anything else.

All you should need to do is:-

1) Fire up HeidiSQL (which should have been installed with the emulator)

2) Log in to the database (it'll ask for a password, the default is eqemu)

3) Go to the rule_values table

4) Find the rule with rule_name of "Bots:Enabled"

5) Change the default rule_value from false to true (double-click on the word "false" to be able to edit it)

6) Click on any other row to commit the change

Restart the server, and your Bots should now be up and going!

Bugrup

Spritzen 03-13-2023 06:26 AM

Or if you're using akkstack, the Occulus server admin (usually port 3000) has the rules and you can just select enable in there.

Haloreef 05-12-2023 09:53 PM

this is the same problem im having. there is no "rule_values" in my mySQL
im logged onto my database using heidiSQL, it wont let me word find for some reason. but ive searched each folder and no luck. im stuck at every turn. cant get bots.

noudess 01-30-2024 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugrup (Post 268867)
A lot of the information kicking around is out of date, took me a while to get them going too.

If you're using a recent version of the code, then Bots are already in, you don't need to do anything from the setup program to install anything else.

All you should need to do is:-

1) Fire up HeidiSQL (which should have been installed with the emulator)

2) Log in to the database (it'll ask for a password, the default is eqemu)

3) Go to the rule_values table

4) Find the rule with rule_name of "Bots:Enabled"

5) Change the default rule_value from false to true (double-click on the word "false" to be able to edit it)

6) Click on any other row to commit the change

Restart the server, and your Bots should now be up and going!

Bugrup

I did this. My db has no bot_data table. Can I manually add this somehow or do I need to do it from the startup command.

noudess 01-30-2024 11:48 AM

./world bots:enable