EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Is it possible to enable more than one merc? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41665)

serenity2017 01-01-2018 01:38 PM

Is it possible to enable more than one merc?

I didn't see any rule or option to do this, but thought it might be possible to have like 3 mercs per player vs only 1. Since you can have a full group of bots.

If anyone knows if this is possible please let me know. Thanks in advance for your time.

Uleat 01-01-2018 08:36 PM

bots != mercs

Mercs are a client (program) design-implemented feature.

If the client supports the use of more than one merc, then we should be able to support it..but, pretty sure it doesn't.

Bots are similar in purpose..but, are a complete eqemu server-side feature.

The client sees them as other 'players' instead of mercs - which is why you can group with them.

It's also why they have an entire command system devoted to their use (mercs only have the client gui window.)

jia_jacky 01-03-2018 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uleat (Post 256815)
Mercs are a client (program) design-implemented feature.

If the client supports the use of more than one merc, then we should be able to support it..but, pretty sure it doesn't.

Bots are similar in purpose..but, are a complete eqemu server-side feature.

The client sees them as other 'players' instead of mercs - which is why you can group with them.

It's also why they have an entire command system devoted to their use (mercs only have the client gui window.)

Could it be possible that per player has several merc slots and can switch to different one ?

Uleat 01-03-2018 12:38 PM

"Mercenary Slots

You can only have a single mercenary active at a time. If you wish to switch to a different mercenary, you will need to dismiss your mercenary and go to a liaison to hire another one. This step can be bypassed by buying additional mercenary slots with Station Cash. You can buy up to five additional mercenary slots. Also, the Mercenary Recruitment task grants an additional mercenary slot, it requires some crafting (300+ trivial) and a Triumvirate Blood Stone which is very rare drop off VoA nameds. Completing the Achievement: Master of Alaris will also grant an additional Mercenary Slot."

quoted from: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Mercenaries

(Evidently, mercs also take a group slot...)

I can't speak on the current state of mercs or what plans are in store for them..but, they would likely see changes before bots since they are a feature on live.

demonstar55 01-03-2018 01:15 PM

The client supports controlling only 1 merc.

jia_jacky 01-04-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uleat (Post 256830)
"Mercenary Slots

You can only have a single mercenary active at a time. If you wish to switch to a different mercenary, you will need to dismiss your mercenary and go to a liaison to hire another one. This step can be bypassed by buying additional mercenary slots with Station Cash. You can buy up to five additional mercenary slots. Also, the Mercenary Recruitment task grants an additional mercenary slot, it requires some crafting (300+ trivial) and a Triumvirate Blood Stone which is very rare drop off VoA nameds. Completing the Achievement: Master of Alaris will also grant an additional Mercenary Slot."

quoted from: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Mercenaries

(Evidently, mercs also take a group slot...)

I can't speak on the current state of mercs or what plans are in store for them..but, they would likely see changes before bots since they are a feature on live.

Thank you for your reply. And thank you and other developers for everything you did for EQEmu.

Tegila 04-13-2018 12:48 AM

minor necro here , but what about ENABLING those merc slots in emu? you talk about the devs saying on live you can, but I kinda thought he was asking what i was coming here to find the answer to: how to increase the slots from 1 to 2 4 whatever.

there have been more than 1 merc slot available one way or another since they came out, and the mercs are available, but i can't find where, if anywhere, to change that base number of slots one can have without questing (or obviously SC lol) To swappem around, not use together of course.

typenamehere 11-19-2018 10:24 AM

bump

Giving this post a little necro/bump as it hasn't been answered and I am really curious if this is possible. I noticed there's a spell effect "Add Mercenary Slot" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

demonstar55 11-19-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by typenamehere (Post 260790)
Giving this post a little necro/bump as it hasn't been answered and I am really curious if this is possible. I noticed there's a spell effect "Add Mercenary Slot" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I answered it. That SPA just increases the amount of merc slots you have, not active mercs you can run.