EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Sorry for the noob question, but... (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41753)

lctucker2999 02-08-2018 11:48 PM

Sorry for the noob question, but...

I just installed my server and I am a complete dummy when it comes to code. I am reading about code to remove the nodrop/no trade tags from items, but I just don't know how/where do actually paste the code, or even what the process is to make it happen.

I'm hoping eventually to learn enough to be able to maybe put some of my ideas into action, but i am so totally lost right now. thanks

lctucker2999 02-09-2018 02:09 AM

So i finally managed to find a thread where someone explained how to make changes from the command prompt, so i was able to remove no drop and lore tags from items! hurray...

next up i want to set xp rate to 2x, and reduce the timer on peqzone... time for more googling

phantomghost 02-09-2018 07:02 AM

These are rule_values.

Xp you could go to the rule and change, or you can go to level_xp_mods and change for each level.

Peq zone reuse timer has a specific rule under zone rules.

Additionally, each zone has different rule sets.. you could mass change them all to the same ruleset... Or modify accordingly. Example would be some are default rules some would use PoP rules which would be different values. So, if you changed xp rate under default it would not change for zones using PoP rules.

Some rule_values do not appear.. I typically Google that and find what I am looking for. A few descriptions appear to be reversed as well. (Might say higher value increases rate but it really decreases... You'd have to figure those out by changing and realizing it's off).

lctucker2999 02-09-2018 09:51 PM

Thanks phantomghost i definitely didn't know that. I'm also running into another problem with bots, where when i use the ^atk byname botname command to try to get my tanks to go in first to grab aggro/rampage, they just stand there. Is that something with my server settings, or just a client-side issue that I need to figure out?

*edit* forgot to mention that I do get the system message that my bots are attacking target, they just don't actually attack.

Uleat 02-09-2018 10:34 PM

There was a change recently to the bot AI processing function.

It is VERY possible that 'the commands need to be updated'/'the ai needs to be adjusted' for those cases.

I updated the ^guard command in the last day or two.

I can take a look at that command too.

The pre-built bot binaries won't be updated until I finish tweaking the new movement behavior, though. (Maybe over the week-end if I can get it all finished.)

phantomghost 02-10-2018 08:32 AM

Not sure if the binaries fully update, but if your melee do nothing, but casters nuke, you need to manually update.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...50&postcount=2

Uleat 02-10-2018 06:46 PM

The issue that is inferred by that post has been addressed and is current in the pre-built binaries.

Using that script on any recently installed server will likely cause issues over correcting any.

Their particular issue is with using the ^attack command and not with bots attacking in general.

Recent changes essentially require an 'owner' to have a target before bots will attack..so, the command to 'fire and forget' is in a state of undefined behavior.

lctucker2999 02-13-2018 11:56 AM

Hey guys thanks for all the info thus far. The back story is I had been playing on someone else's bot enabled server basically solo progressing through the game. I had gotten to ToV where being a monk I was attempting to FD split the triplets, and as soon as I got one solo, I sent in my tanks using ^atk byname ____. Then a few seconds later I would ^atk spawned to send in the rest of the raid. Meanwhile, I would still be FD'd to avoid possible re-pulling the other mobs that had went back home. Well the server went away so I decided it was time to just make my own server which I did just this past weekend.

Since my posting a couple day ago that my bots aren't attacking, I've since learned that they will attack, but only if I have auto attack on and the mob targeted. I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to work or not, but based on my example above, this poses an issue if I can't tag mobs while FD'd for example. Or if I ever wanted to play a support character (God help me if I decide to try a chanter and my bots only attack the mobs I have targeted lol).

Can anyone confirm if this behavior is the way it's designed or if it will revert back to being able to simply send my bots to any NPC I have targeted, regardless of whether I am actually attacking or not? Thank you again for all the support as I am totally clueless atm. I'm slowly picking things up but a lot still eludes me.

Uleat 02-13-2018 06:55 PM

It's top of the list.