EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Karana (XP x3, Bots, Speed) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41075)

Jahosphat 12-23-2016 10:27 AM

Karana (XP x3, Bots, Speed)

I did a thing! Originally I created this server for a buddy and to get our EQ on. We both hate "boxing" so Botting was our best bet. As soon as I opened a couple ports..people started joining.. we had 11 player last night! nice.. anyway the more the better... Here's some tweaks i've done to the server in case anyone here wants to see.

Server intent: Bot your way through good times. (IP limit 2 connections; this isn't a boxing server)
Basic Tweaks: XP x3 (bonus group/raid/hotzone), Speed that of SoW, POK Merchants for all Defiant Gear and all Fabled Gear, POK Teleporter / Buffer, Epic 1.0's added to Crushbone + Starter Gear
Advanced Tweaks?: To make it more Bot-solo friendly. Raised:: Crit damage, Archery Damage, Spell Crits, OUT of combat regen, Bot Regen as well
Loot updated in: Crushbone, Veskar, Guks, CofMist, PoFear, PoHate, PoNightmare, Chardoc......more you'll have to find

Note: Been testing some named mobs...they aren't easy to solo w bot group (intended!)....not impossible either..u can figure it out
2 Note: I probably left some stuff off this list.. but whatever you get the point.

Last: See you on..or not.. again this was only suppose to be for a buddy and me lol... I'm tweaking things as i get time ... i love eq / eqemu Thanks

-Monkish

adamle00 12-26-2016 06:21 PM

Should probably think about auto skill ups, you level so fast (which is fine) that skills lag being a lot.

Jahosphat 12-26-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamle00 (Post 252514)
Should probably think about auto skill ups, you level so fast (which is fine) that skills lag being a lot.

Added that on about a week + ago after someone in ooc mentioned it.. so that's in ;)

Edit Other Additions:
1) Mercs Enabled.. (They seem to run /keep up with you better)
2) Karana's Hope Stone added to Merchant Connie in POK with an insta-click back to POK.. sorry non-gating classes that it took so long
3) Looking for feedback on other useful clicky's
4a) Working on: Getting a character Flagging NPC.-------------------UPDATE.. flags will be removed at next reboot :) tomorrow mornin
4b) Working on: Adding Epic 2.0's to some loot tables :) (1.5's already in somewhere!)

Last Note on "progression" : When I created this server it was because i hadn't seen everything in everquest originally. Now i definitely don't have the time to go through old flagging progress etc.. If you're looking for some hardcore progression and end game custom stuff this isn't the server for you. If you're looking to mess around, get geared up, talk some crap, tweak out alts, and just have fun; come online. :)

trahelion 12-27-2016 01:41 AM

This sounds pretty cool, I'll be happy to check it out. :^)

Do you have any custom files that are needed?

Jahosphat 12-27-2016 08:45 AM

Cool see you on. No custom files needed.

Fridgecritter 12-27-2016 01:04 PM

I would love to help with this server. It seems as though you made it just to have a little fun, and I set up a dedicated server with my hosting a few days ago to do just about everything you did there, except I wanted to add chance of random drop 5 percent, or chance on NPC death to spawn a chest, etc... to keep things interesting. There aren't many bot enabled servers.

If you wanted someone to help scale the server and add some cool features, I have a bunch of ideas. Shoot me a PM on here and I'd be happy to shut my server down and help with yours.

mjbcb0717 12-27-2016 04:31 PM

Site or rules for the server such as mq2 usage ? Will check it out tonight sounds,fun

Sorce08 12-28-2016 12:32 PM

Random Loot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fridgecritter (Post 252522)
I would love to help with this server. It seems as though you made it just to have a little fun, and I set up a dedicated server with my hosting a few days ago to do just about everything you did there, except I wanted to add chance of random drop 5 percent, or chance on NPC death to spawn a chest, etc... to keep things interesting. There aren't many bot enabled servers.

If you wanted someone to help scale the server and add some cool features, I have a bunch of ideas. Shoot me a PM on here and I'd be happy to shut my server down and help with yours.

Fridge, I remember your server from what seems like a long time ago. I think it was the first random loot server I had played on, and was the beginning of an addiction for me, haha. A friend and I had some fun times with that to the extent he learned to create his own server with random loot not long ago for us to mess around on.

Jahosphat, this seems like a fun idea here and will certainly check out your server. I like the merc addition as they seem to do it better, but it's also fun gearing out bots as well. Best of luck with expanding your idea and I look forward to playing.

Fridgecritter 12-28-2016 02:05 PM

Thanks for the kind words. My latest challenge is finding an untouched copy of SOF2. Underfoot on this server seems to reset the controls every time I summon bots. So I summon them with a set of socials, and all of the sudden when I hit the return key it doesn't pull up a chat cursor, and space bar doesn't jump anymore, the 1 key doesn't attack, etc... Hoping SoF2 fixes that.

adamle00 12-29-2016 01:11 AM

Nice additions, will log in and give it another whirl = )

adamle00 12-29-2016 01:14 AM

Feedback on useful clickies you say? How about some old school clickies thrown back in like the DE guise and maybe a manastone you can use anywhere, also maybe removing some lore flags on some stuff at least like WR bags or something.

Jahosphat 12-29-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamle00 (Post 252528)
Feedback on useful clickies you say? How about some old school clickies thrown back in like the DE guise and maybe a manastone you can use anywhere, also maybe removing some lore flags on some stuff at least like WR bags or something.

I like the way u think... ;-)

mjbcb0717 12-29-2016 09:14 AM

Clickie cure items are big hit's on solo servers not sure what era this server goes to but making progression quest for each era is fun and special clickies buffs are nice to have for each one done

Jahosphat 12-29-2016 03:00 PM

Update Notes 12/29/16:
#findzone XXX - Enabled for all
#peqzone XXX - Enabled for all
More lewtz in random zones
A cpl of endgame-ish zones updated mobs to scale for merc+bot group
Removed level requirements for zones (If you die in a high level zone.. that's on you; i don't care NOR should have EQ originally... less handholding.. that always urked me)
Removed Flag requirements for zones ***NOTE: Just for an email stating some zones still not working.. i think i have a fix for what's happening. Be back on this. thx

To do:
1) Buff Bot not casing on groups.. Will be changing him to do all; next reboot :)
2) Porter.. I'd like to keep in current form and use his zone recommendations as a general progression guide. But let me stress, this server is not some hardcore progression server; need to look elseware for that. If you can't find a zone use #findzone with #peqzone
3) Trying to find a way to ask BST bots to resummon pet... to no avil yet
4) We have some help! Fridge is going to hook in a few custom quests and provide some help with cool stuff. Very excited.
5) Continued custom itemization/clickies.

mjbcb0717 12-29-2016 04:54 PM

You have a website yet enjoying the server and it would help keep track of feedback and stuff also what rules are in effect don't wanna get banned for using stuff on mq2 or something

Jahosphat 12-29-2016 05:05 PM

@Sorce08 Thanks for the kind words. I've also read a ton of your scripts living on these forums. See you on!

@mjbcb0717 I doubt you'll get banned for frankly, anything on the server. We're trying not to take anything super serious. MQ2 is something Fridge and I are talking about.. i understand the uses (i've personally used it) and it seems like we're leaning toward enabling it... still thinking on it.

a Website? hmmmmmmm probably not.. i dunno... like I said before, I didn't know there would be a demand of how my buddy and I wanted to play.. bots+merc. Feels good to have my life validated through the internets!..ha:roll:

Jahosphat 12-30-2016 10:02 AM

Update Notes 12/30/16:
-Updated loot tables to include Monk Epic 1.0 (not cb >:) )
-Removed No-Trade / No-Drop to items.. Happy Trading
-Updated some zones to scale a bit better / Added more loots
-Added 65-75 gear in some zones
-Added a Temp "Buff Team" that will cast some buffs if you're grouped. I'll be merging his code with the other "Buff" so he's working. Trying to figure out how to cast on everyone within the area that meets level requirements..

To do:
#peqzone 89 = Seb... driving me fkn crazy, no idea why it's not working....... EDIT. PEQZONE NOW WORKING��

mjbcb0717 12-30-2016 03:02 PM

The new buff guy still won't buff grp only yourself well he did lastnight have not tried today will later. Only manage to find the secondary beastlord epic 1.0 the primary is still vary elusive lol nor can I find chanter 1.0 pets need a bit of scaleing they are vary weak melee damage could use a small bump I think and also spell damage/critical could use more bump as well

Jahosphat 12-30-2016 08:40 PM

-increased slightly base crit and melee

mjbcb0717 12-31-2016 10:14 AM

Item lore:weaponry needs removed off 1.5/2.0s
Slow immunity should be removed off all mobs at least raid mobs.

Reduced duration on detrimentals some last 20mins to 3 hours IE. Rabies and trak dets last a long time.

Death touch should be removed.

Remove or reduce the time mobs flurry or rampage.

Buff bot not working at all he somehow became a merchant.

You spoke of removing lore rags I think that would be awesome. And lvl req. Recommend lvl is fine I think but farming in a 50s zone having stuff drop you can't use till 65/70 bums.

Increase drop % on rarer items maybe? Idk give or take this one but I was tickled pink when I see *melevolence* drop lol remember that from 99 I still have it on my necro only one on server :)

I would look into a website if you plan on keeping server up seems alot of people are liking it proboards host free forums I think.

This is my 2 cents so far :)

Jahosphat 01-01-2017 02:36 PM

@mjbcb0717
keep em coming. Getting to stuff as i can. Buffer should be working better now. Lore off everything but fabled items (since we give them away, better not to have people just gear out with those without exploring a bit more).. sorry for bag pain there guys.

Working on an epic zone.. will be hard.. but items for 78-80 characters will be awesome with a few custom clicky's mixed in.. planning a new NPC to point you in the right direction.

trahelion 01-02-2017 05:51 AM

I love the changes, and after playing a bit, I can confirm that I love this server. Its exactly what I've been looking for. I don't know if it is of any interest to you, but I would love for LDoN to be included in the loot tables, or maybe custom items added to the LDoN merchants.

I have an irrational love of LDoNs. I need help. Some might even say Adventures Anonymous.

Anyways, Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this :D

adamle00 01-02-2017 07:58 AM

Zerker throwing axes seem bugged, when you use snare the axe in the range slot poofs and you need to replace it manually so you can throw an axe for pulling.

adamle00 01-02-2017 11:35 PM

Couple things I have noticed...

1 -- as I mentioned in previous post, zerker snare seems bugged in that it used up the axe in the range slot which then has to be manually replaced. I should think it should be using an axe from inventory instead.

2 -- Buffer NPC only gives my guys sow and lev, this is up to level 31 so I dont know if they function correctly at higher levels. tried grouped and solo and with or without bots and also it seems to work for other people so I have no clue whats going on here.

3 -- Casting specializations, upon reaching level 30 on my shaman they all autoskilled to 1 as intended I assume. I then bought like 49 skill points getting spec alteration maxed and then when I dinged it seemed to reset them all back to 1.

Jahosphat 01-04-2017 05:59 PM

Hey guys. Been making more changes.
1) THE Overtaker has some gear upgrades once you give him some required goods.
2) epic 2.0s are in
3) 2.5s are being planned(will be drops) along with a 3.0 quest.

To do: ldons I'll look into, beastlord bot is annoying, creating a very limited website with these updates.

Lastly.. I've had 2 offers to help with the server. And you bet you ass I took them... So we are collaborating and working on cool sht for a more casual bot/Merc soloing mother trucker of a player community.

Thanks guys
.....ish

Jahosphat 01-09-2017 09:10 PM

http://karanaeqemu.weebly.com/
Been Updating Several Things. Basic Website Created due to demand!

Jahosphat 02-10-2017 02:24 PM

http://karanaeqemu.weebly.com/tips--commands.html
Here is a guide for those that asked about how to create a BOT group essentially creating a solo Raid. enjoy... many updates to what was said on this thread previously.. have a handful of people playing.. quite fun. See ya in game.
....Ish

Excuses 02-15-2017 03:54 PM

Have been playing on here the last few days as just a 2 box (plus my army of bots for raiding). Overall the server is quite enjoyable and makes it own little mark.

Few things here and there that could be looked at but it is only minor issues like *finding the epics location* and etc but that is purely information you can find on your own.

Buff bot is still a tad buggy, sometimes he will give you x2 buffs and not the full spell book.

I am aussie so i don't get to see much player base but that's fine.

Overall just a little more info on the website but that is very minor. Keep it up:)

Jahosphat 02-17-2017 01:28 AM

Hey man thanks. I'm a 1 man army, getting to things as I can. I do keep the server update log on the website up to date with changes. Custom zone section should help with progression. I do need to do a little write-up on general progression... Crushbone to mistmore to guk to lower guk to beskar, cofmist etc etc.. I'll get there.

Originally I had some guys who were going to help out but I think they got busy. I'd love a rewrite of the buff not that actually tags all bot members but something is buggy there. I'll get to that too :)

Appreciate the words of encouragement.

Cheers

Excuses 02-19-2017 10:23 PM

Too easy mate, i saw you had some help but it seems to have faded. If you ever need an extra hand let me know, i know my way around the server/scripts now and was going to continue my project again soon.

Offer is there, just shoot me a pm.

Keep it up!

My main toon is Novus now, was Endtime^

Jahosphat 02-21-2017 01:29 PM

Always looking for some content help. If you have some ideas, old scripts, etc please let me know happy to implement if they make sense for the general direction of the server which you clearly know.

At least i did manage to fix the buffer :)
More updates this week.. working harder to scale up 80+ content correctly. Then ill start custom works again.

Think I'd like an Epic 3.0 quest to be added.. Or I might do an Epic 2.5 turnin for 3.0's that would added more Aug slots instead of the 3 there are already... i'd hand by a weapon that had 5ish slots and slightly boosted stats... i dunno... just thinking. Also i want to introduce a Raid mob.. when i say Raid I mean your bot army + another bot army (team of 40).. but way down my list right now...too much to think about ha

Phury 03-12-2017 07:48 PM

not able to log into the server any ideas why this may be?

Excuses 03-12-2017 08:09 PM

Try again.

lilmuff 03-13-2017 10:07 AM

Any word on when the DB will get fixed from Sunday's mess up?

Or on what we should do till it gets fixed?Should we just re-lvl all the lvls that got rolled back?

mjbcb0717 03-13-2017 10:46 AM

Don't think he can fix it didn't back it up before the accident I don't think. Just send stabish or excuses a tell and they will re lvl you and give you the aa/gear back ect.

Excuses 03-13-2017 11:14 AM

My character remains logged in, leave a pm and i will address any issues:)

Jahosphat 03-13-2017 05:15 PM

The DB roll was on me guys.. no other way to say it. Was trying to troubleshoot something and jacked the DB... fkn stupid. Anyway, ill be automating a backup script to have at least 2 backups running a day.. again my mistake. Contact Excuses or Myself (...ish) and we'll get you back to a point that you're happy with.

mjbcb0717 03-13-2017 11:06 PM

Shadow knight spells 70-80 seem bugged I have the spell file but they all say unknown spell :(

Jahosphat 03-14-2017 12:34 AM

re-uploaded a new spells.txt see if that works for ya.

lilmuff 03-16-2017 01:47 PM

Is there any way to remove the Cannibalize spell line off of the Shaman bot.One the bot gets to the lvl they first get it they will cast slow then spam canni over and over and dots no longer get casted.

Also there is no Intricate Defiant Silk armor set on Kramer.