EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   Windows Server Repack (EQEmu Akka's PEQ Repack) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38836)

Akkadius 11-16-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toony (Post 235593)
Up and running a few weeks now, but I noticed running the backup DB .bat gives a 0 byte sql file in the backup folder; am I looking in the wrong place?

Are you sure its 0 bytes and you haven't refreshed? Do you see the backup bat displaying errors?

ghanja 11-16-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toony (Post 235593)
Up and running a few weeks now, but I noticed running the backup DB .bat gives a 0 byte sql file in the backup folder; am I looking in the wrong place?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume your Maria DB (specifically the location of mysql.exe, mysqldump.exe, etc.) is not within your Environment Path.

Follow these instructions for your applicable version of Windows:

Code:

Windows 8

Drag the Mouse pointer to the Right bottom corner of the screen
    Click on the Search icon and type: Control Panel
    Click on -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
    In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the MariaDB binaries (i.e. C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin)  to the value for PATH.
    Close the window.

Windows 7

Select Computer from the Start menu
    Choose System Properties from the context menu
    Click Advanced system settings > Advanced tab
    Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
    In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the MariaDB binaries (i.e. C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin)  to the value for PATH.

Windows XP

Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    Close the window.

Windows Vista

Right click My Computer icon
    Choose Properties from the context menu
    Click Advanced tab (Advanced system settings link in Vista)

If there is NOT a trailing semi-colon at the end of the existing "Variable value" for "Variable Name" of PATH, then you need to put a semi-colon before adding C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin

An example of what the value of variable Path may look like (and this assumes your AKKA REPACK was installed in C: drive of course):

Code:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software;c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;C:\Microchip\MPLAB C32 Suite\bin;C:\FPC\2.6.2\bin\i386-Win32;C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin;
Also, run the t_backup_server_database.bat from an elevated command prompt.

Code:

Left click Windows/Start
Type in search: cmd
cmd.exe should show up, right click that
Left click "Run as administrator"
Click "Yes" (if running UAC, if not it will go straight to a dos prompt)
C:
CD "\EQ - AKKA'S PEQ REPACK\EQEMU SERVER"
t_backup_server_database.bat

You'll be able to copy/paste any errors from the command prompt (just highlight whatever text you want copied, there is no right clicking to it in a dos prompt).

Then just left click in a post/reply here to paste the error(s).

Toony 11-16-2014 09:27 PM

Ok, I got farther that time..

Code:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>CD "\EQ - AKKA'S PEQ REPACK\EQEMU SERVER"

C:\EQ - AKKA'S PEQ REPACK\EQEMU SERVER>t_backup_server_database.bat

C:\EQ - AKKA'S PEQ REPACK\EQEMU SERVER>echo "Backing up database to Backups folder..."
"Backing up database to Backups folder..."

C:\EQ - AKKA'S PEQ REPACK\EQEMU SERVER>perl DB_Dumper.pl compress loc="Backups"

Todays Date: 11-16-2014
Compression SET
Backup Directory: Backups
Directory currently exists... Adding files to it...

Backing up Database peq...

--- CMD ---
mysqldump -uroot -p"**************" peq > "Backups\peq 11-16-2014.sql"
---------------------------------------

'mysqldump' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Error occurred... exiting...

Toony 11-16-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 235596)
Are you sure its 0 bytes and you haven't refreshed? Do you see the backup bat displaying errors?

They are 0 bytes, but the window was closing before I could read any error message. I was able to get a little farther once I used the cmd prompt below.

ghanja 11-16-2014 09:34 PM

Did you add the proper path of where Maria DB 10.0 is installed?

To my knowledge, the repack installs on the boot drive (which is in most if not all cases the C: drive).

Verify that MariaDB 10.0 is here:

Code:

C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\
If so, then you either did not add to the environment value correctly, or you did not exit from a command prompt you already had opened and then open a new one. That is to say, changes to the environment variable (Path) will not take effect until a new command prompt is open.

ghanja 11-16-2014 09:38 PM

Here, just do this instead (if it creates a duplicate path it isn't a big deal):

Perform this in an elevated (i.e. "Run as Administrator") cmd.exe (aka dos prompt):
Code:

setx path "%PATH%;C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin"

Toony 11-16-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghanja (Post 235603)
Here, just do this instead (if it creates a duplicate path it isn't a big deal):

Perform this in an elevated (i.e. "Run as Administrator") cmd.exe (aka dos prompt):
Code:

setx path "%PATH%;C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin"

It ran and generated a compressed backup in the folder, it was like 24 megs vs. the 230 the DB is? but seems like it ran fine.

Khaldore 11-17-2014 12:04 AM

I had to manually add MariaDB's bin folder to the PATH variable as well... for some reason, I was expecting the repack installer to do it. *shrug*

Having said that, this repack is fantastic, lot of respect to Akkadius for putting it together. I haven't tried tinkering with my own server since I last owned a working PC, so having something quick and easy to drop into a VM is wonderful for testing.

Akkadius 11-17-2014 12:07 AM

When I went through the first 5-6 tries of getting the installer to cleanly do its thing. I had the PATH added there, it was the one thing that was missed in the final build :P

Zudz 11-17-2014 01:46 PM

Heyo. I got this set up, and I've been wandering around Steamfont (thanks so much for that!), but it seems like things don't aggro me. They'll fight me if I pull them, but otherwise everything is indifferent towards me. Is there something I can/should do to correct that?

joligario 11-17-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zudz (Post 235619)
Heyo. I got this set up, and I've been wandering around Steamfont (thanks so much for that!), but it seems like things don't aggro me. They'll fight me if I pull them, but otherwise everything is indifferent towards me. Is there something I can/should do to correct that?

You might need to clarify if you went to old steamfont or new one.

Zudz 11-17-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joligario (Post 235620)
You might need to clarify if you went to old steamfont or new one.

That's an interesting question. Given the mobs I see, and how nice the mills look, I'm assuming new Steamfont.

I created a character, turned off the tutorial, and loaded into Ak'anon (because I'm a gnome). Then I walked out of the city and ... yeah. That's pretty much it. I haven't left Steamfont yet (except to Gate back to Ak'anon), so I don't know if anything else is affected. Should I check? Or are some zones just aggro free depending on old/new status?

joligario 11-17-2014 03:28 PM

New/revamp zones haven't been fully developed yet on the PEQ database (the base of this repack). Most likely the zone settings are set to no-combat.

Toony 11-17-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joligario (Post 235622)
New/revamp zones haven't been fully developed yet on the PEQ database (the base of this repack). Most likely the zone settings are set to no-combat.

That would explain why I couldn't get in combat in innothule swamp and commonlands I guess.

Luccian 11-19-2014 02:41 PM

Wow Akkadius, this is amazing. Haven't really spoke with you since Blood of the Akkadian, but it looks like you're doing great and wonderful things still.

Thanks for this!