EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Kings & Bandits PVP/PVE Server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33326)

image 04-13-2011 10:07 PM

Kings & Bandits PVP/PVE Server

Hi All,

I wanted to announce a new server and a new emulator server idea which is being developed currently. The server will support both PVE and PVP players, sometimes maybe they will even clash together (will that make a PVE player a PVP player?).

We want to encourage not only PVP players to our server but PVE players as well. There will be designated areas that will allow PVE players to safely venture without regard for PVP conflict.

This is a unique server in the fact that we may be focusing on the classic continents but we will be creating new features that will provide a unique perspective to EverQuest gameplay that has not been done before. To name one, an item system with classic loot but an extended random item generated database. These items and their stats are generated during gameplay and populated across the server world.

There will be numerous features announced as time goes on. The project does have quite a bit of work done but still more that we need to get done as we want to provide a polished experience.

In any case I wanted to provide the website for now which is www.eqpvp.com. Stay tuned! :-D

supahsen 04-14-2011 02:07 AM

I'll definatly be on when its ready.. love me some good pvp.

Levith 04-16-2011 07:29 PM

I like this idea, especially "random Diablo-like free-for-all item system".

devn00b 04-17-2011 07:38 PM

Just since I've been asked a few times. Yes I am working on the database for this server. It's going to be epic!

Image has been hard at work on the code. Can always check out the website at http://www.eqpvp.com or irc @ irc.eqpvp.com #kings.

image 04-27-2011 02:30 AM

The beta sign-up for Kings & Bandits is open! Since the server has plans to provide a unique custom server we will have changes that are not supported through the main server and will have to host our own login. The site at www.eqpvp.com has more information. We look forward to everyone interested to join up so we can get this beta started soon! Thanks!

Auxie 04-27-2011 11:33 AM

can't wait to try it out. Already had a forum account there so I went to check out the register for beta link and it just took me back to the homepage.

Binny

image 04-27-2011 12:12 PM

Hey Binny,

Since you already had an account please make sure to change your password in the Profile, Modify Profile tab and Account Settings. You can use your prior password but we want to make sure the login is synched. Thanks!

Auxie 04-27-2011 12:29 PM

to my eqemu LS password? I don't have an eqemu account named Binny either, should I just remake an account to coincide with the LS account i'd be using?

IsntWarsaint 04-27-2011 05:57 PM

I just registered a forum account, and upon clicking the beta register 'here' link, it also returns me to the homepage.

image 04-27-2011 08:55 PM

We are working on it right now, some problem with the registration form. I will let everyone know when it is ok again.

image 04-28-2011 03:42 AM

The mix-up is fixed, we just wiped it clean so everyone can re-register. The fields did not sync properly and the database went crazy. It will be fine now and we will not have this problem again. Thanks for dealing with our testing :)

image 05-12-2011 10:44 PM

After chatting with a few people I figured out that there were still problems with the registration form.. Apologies to anyone who got frustrated trying to signup and was unable to. It is fixed at this point just the registration errors were not printing out properly (short password, etc.).

Fridgecritter 05-15-2011 10:46 PM

Cool

I'm not one for pvp, but the concept of the pvp continent and dynamically generated loot server wide sounds really cool. Great idea. /registered.

notknowing 05-16-2011 05:00 PM

I can't wait for this. Looks great!

image 05-30-2011 09:37 PM

Just to update, the release date for the server has been set for July 29th at 3PM EST. Look forward to all those interested to join us when it opens.