EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Aqua's Rogue Server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41352)

Aquaojo 05-19-2017 09:48 AM

Aqua's Rogue Server

I played on a server a while back that I enjoyed called Rogue. Decided to re-create it best I can.

It's an EQ spin on the old DOS game called Rogue. Ultimately, it's supposed to just be a fun time waster. Think of it as the Flappy Bird of EQEmu Servers.

Server Info:
  • Random Loot
  • Perma-Death (Resets to level 1)
  • PEQZone Enabled
  • Max Level 70
  • Enhanced Items: All Spells Scrolls Clickable By All Classes - Item Procs Increased / Cool Downs Decreased
  • Mob Strength Reduced Slightly For Solo Play
  • Rewards For Max Level
  • Daily Quests For AA
  • Single IP - No MQ2 Warp/Speed/Etc
  • EXP set to 3x normal
  • All level 70+ AA available at 70 (You keep AA if you die)

Server is up and running. It's designed to be fun. I'm using it as a sandbox to try out some stuff and get better at scripts, etc. Come play a while.

Aquaojo 05-19-2017 04:36 PM

Aaaaaannnnnnddddddd....Modem takes a dive. Just my luck...Hopefully back up tonight. :p

Maze_EQ 05-19-2017 04:46 PM

Might look into this tonight....hmm.

By all spells clickable, you mean a cleric can use necro spells etc?

Aquaojo 05-19-2017 04:58 PM

Yes - but there are no spell vendors, so all spells have to be gained through drops (or hand-ins via PoP/crafting/etc if you choose).The scrolls are clickable and instacast. Very useful - especially say "Succor" which drops in Sebilis! :)

I would've loved to have made them all "unknown" until clicked/discovered (like the old DOS game) but that's WAY beyond my skills.

Maze_EQ 05-19-2017 05:04 PM

Are they unlimited charges?

That's nifty.

Aquaojo 05-19-2017 05:09 PM

Nah just a single charge each...stackable though of course so can collect and spam when needed.

mjbcb0717 05-19-2017 08:44 PM

From what I played lastnight I was having fun did notice there was a problem with load limit in hub seem only 5 people was aloud in and some zones you get *this zone is not ready yet* msg.....I'll be checking it out more thought I like this idea it's Deffenitly new

Aquaojo 05-19-2017 09:50 PM

So the bad news is it's a line problem and it'll be Monday before it's looked at. Sucks but is what it is.

Thanks! Yeah forgot to adjust the zones in the launcher table last night. Fixed that and the Daily Quest drops this morning. Also put in tiers for the Insurance NPC so it's a tad more affordable. Hopefully we will relaunch Monday sometime and play then!

meisner1 05-21-2017 03:00 AM

The server is locked you gonna unlock it anytime soon ?

Aquaojo 05-21-2017 07:00 AM

Bah server must have connected to my phone hotspot. Sorry for the confusion. I'm pretty sure gameplay on a 3G connection would suck :) - Once real internet is back up server will be up and running again.

Nerdgasm 05-21-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaojo (Post 254691)
Bah server must have connected to my phone hotspot. Sorry for the confusion. I'm pretty sure gameplay on a 3G connection would suck :) - Once real internet is back up server will be up and running again.

3G? You living in the stone age bro? In all reality I feel ya, I'm on LTE/4G internet... Lol.

Aquaojo 05-21-2017 05:10 PM

Ha! Yeah the struggle... Seriously though, a weekend without internet...It's like "vacationing" at colonial Williamsburg. :)

mjbcb0717 05-22-2017 12:12 PM

Any ETA would love to be able to check this server out more and see what it has to offer.

Aquaojo 05-22-2017 01:34 PM

Should be within the next couple hours. Internet up. Just need to get home and boot up the server.

Apparently one of my neighbors severed the cable line Friday afternoon installing something in his yard. Grrr...

nenelan 05-22-2017 04:05 PM

Looks up, but getting that lack of connect like ports aren't forwarded.