EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Neriak Palace (neriakd) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43692)

Huppy 08-18-2022 10:03 PM

Neriak Palace (neriakd)

Was just working on getting that neriakd zone up and running. Able to zone in properly, wander around and even got the firepot in neriakc to send me into the zone, (instead lfay), haha. Obviously lots of work to do on it, with doors, content, etc., but I'm having fun screwing around. It will make a good custom zone.

https://i.ibb.co/1GT3wrG/neriakd-zone-in.png

manawenuz 08-20-2022 12:21 PM

This is super cool! I was able to get into the same zone a while back but couldn't move around in it. Created the server side files for it (azone/awater) but still couldn't actually walk around. Any suggestions on how to make it work? Thanks for sharing!

Huppy 08-20-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manawenuz (Post 268324)
This is super cool! I was able to get into the same zone a while back but couldn't move around in it. Created the server side files for it (azone/awater) but still couldn't actually walk around. Any suggestions on how to make it work? Thanks for sharing!

Run this query to update the neriakd zone entry.

Code:

UPDATE `zone` SET `short_name` = 'neriakd', `file_name` = NULL, `long_name` = 'Neriak Palace', `map_file_name` = 'neriakd', `safe_x` = 164, `safe_y` = -251.5, `safe_z` = 7.33, `safe_heading` = 0, `graveyard_id` = 0, `min_level` = 0, `min_status` = 0, `zoneidnumber` = 43, `version` = 0, `timezone` = 0, `maxclients` = 0, `ruleset` = 1, `note` = NULL, `underworld` = -101, `minclip` = 450, `maxclip` = 450, `fog_minclip` = 450, `fog_maxclip` = 450, `fog_blue` = 0, `fog_red` = 0, `fog_green` = 0, `sky` = 1, `ztype` = 0, `zone_exp_multiplier` = 1.00, `walkspeed` = 0.4, `time_type` = 2, `fog_red1` = 0, `fog_green1` = 0, `fog_blue1` = 0, `fog_minclip1` = 450, `fog_maxclip1` = 450, `fog_red2` = 0, `fog_green2` = 0, `fog_blue2` = 0, `fog_minclip2` = 450, `fog_maxclip2` = 450, `fog_red3` = 0, `fog_green3` = 0, `fog_blue3` = 0, `fog_minclip3` = 450, `fog_maxclip3` = 450, `fog_red4` = 0, `fog_green4` = 0, `fog_blue4` = 0, `fog_minclip4` = 450, `fog_maxclip4` = 450, `fog_density` = 0.1, `flag_needed` = '', `canbind` = 0, `cancombat` = 1, `canlevitate` = 1, `castoutdoor` = 1, `hotzone` = 0, `insttype` = 0, `shutdowndelay` = 5000, `peqzone` = 0, `expansion` = 9, `suspendbuffs` = 0, `rain_chance1` = 0, `rain_chance2` = 0, `rain_chance3` = 0, `rain_chance4` = 0, `rain_duration1` = 0, `rain_duration2` = 0, `rain_duration3` = 0, `rain_duration4` = 0, `snow_chance1` = 0, `snow_chance2` = 0, `snow_chance3` = 0, `snow_chance4` = 0, `snow_duration1` = 0, `snow_duration2` = 0, `snow_duration3` = 0, `snow_duration4` = 0, `gravity` = 0.4, `type` = 0, `skylock` = 0, `fast_regen_hp` = 180, `fast_regen_mana` = 180, `fast_regen_endurance` = 180, `npc_max_aggro_dist` = 600, `max_movement_update_range` = 600, `min_expansion` = -1, `max_expansion` = -1, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `underworld_teleport_index` = 0, `lava_damage` = 50, `min_lava_damage` = 10 WHERE `id` = 251;

manawenuz 08-20-2022 02:45 PM

http://amaneq.com/home/wp-content/up...08/neriakd.png

I am in! Very cool zone. Thanks for sharing!

Huppy 08-20-2022 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manawenuz (Post 268327)

I am in! Very cool zone. Thanks for sharing!

I was curious, you mentioned that you generated the wtr map for the zone. I tried with the awater and it wouldn't work for me.
EDIT - Nevermind, found a "not-so-old" azone/awater util. Works good.

Huppy 08-21-2022 02:23 AM

I was curious, were you able to use #zone (with coordinates) ?

I haven't been able to do that in this zone yet. If I remove the safe x,y,z (set to 0) and let myself fall underworld, then use flymode to get somewhere, I can do that. With the safe x,y,z specified, it will just land me there everytime.

But even if I put an NPC anywhere besides that succor point area, I can't use /tar either. If I put loot on the npc and do a #viewzoneloot, then use #goto, it will take me there no problem, just can't use the /tar (unless the npc is in that succor point area)

I'm assuming the underworld value has to be adjusted, but I've been trying lots of different values, none have made a difference, haha

EDIT: I just discovered, the /tar will work ONLY if I am in the same area as the NPC. I have one in the library and one at the succor point and I can only /tar them when I am in the same area.
Weird...., haha

ahamilton634 11-02-2022 02:19 PM

Dumb question, but what version of the client are you using? I use ROF2 because I wasn’t sure if there was a way to use newer versions with EQEMU.

Huppy 11-02-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahamilton634 (Post 268513)
Dumb question, but what version of the client are you using? I use ROF2 because I wasn’t sure if there was a way to use newer versions with EQEMU.

I'm using RoF2. Any versions newer than that will not work with Emu servers. And even then, one cannot use a current RoF download from Steam, it won't work at all.

Silwyn 11-02-2022 07:56 PM

Is this just Neriak Fourth Gate from CoTF? Never heard of Neriak Palace before.. very interesting.

Huppy 11-02-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silwyn (Post 268517)
Is this just Neriak Fourth Gate from CoTF? Never heard of Neriak Palace before.. very interesting.

Yes, that what it is. The "palace" name, was one of those "thoughts" that never manifested into anything. I had to research it myself, to find out it's origin.

But the RoF2 client sees it as Neriak Palace

joedit 11-03-2022 10:49 AM

Hi Huppy,

Is there anything special one needs to do in order to access this zone? I ran the database query you provided above, but when I tried to #zone into it, nothing happens. I also tried to #zone with xyz but it is still not doing anything.

Thanks.

Huppy 11-03-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedit (Post 268520)
Hi Huppy,

Is there anything special one needs to do in order to access this zone? I ran the database query you provided above, but when I tried to #zone into it, nothing happens. I also tried to #zone with xyz but it is still not doing anything.

Thanks.

Verify that your zone table has a "neriakd" entry, and check your game client (rof2, whatever) and make sure the neriakd zone files are in there.

joedit 11-03-2022 08:53 PM

Thanks, I think this is the issue. I am not seeing neriakd.s3d (or other files) in the root everquest directory. I am using eof2 client.

Do you know where I can find/download them?

Thanks again.

Huppy 11-03-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedit (Post 268522)
Thanks, I think this is the issue. I am not seeing neriakd.s3d (or other files) in the root everquest directory. I am using eof2 client.

Do you know where I can find/download them?

Thanks again.

It's included with the EQ Live download/install ;)

joedit 11-04-2022 07:19 AM

Oh LOL, thanks. I will try to find it :)