EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Tools (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Here's a little item editor (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39919)

Shendare 08-09-2015 11:58 PM

Here's a little item editor

I've been digging into the item table to figure out how all the different fields are used, seeing how they might be laid out in such a way as to somehow make 283 or so columns sanely editable, to help with EOC UX. Also wanted to get an item window renderer working.

I figured as long as I was figuring out field usage and layout and stuff, I may as well make it functional to save and create items as well.

Here's what I put together over the last week. It's a little raw and the fields need to be split into more tabs so they're not so claustrophobic, but it's fully functional, and speedy (after the initial db/icon loading at startup).

It's fun to play with.

https://github.com/Shendare/EQEmuItemEditor/releases/

Screenshot:

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/...88c4bb5407.png

Akkadius 08-10-2015 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shendare (Post 242410)
I've been digging into the item table to figure out how all the different fields are used, seeing how they might be laid out in such a way as to somehow make 283 or so columns sanely editable, to help with EOC UX. Also wanted to get an item window renderer working.

I figured as long as I was figuring out field usage and layout and stuff, I may as well make it functional to save and create items as well.

Here's what I put together over the last week. It's a little raw and the fields need to be split into more tabs so they're not so claustrophobic, but it's fully functional, and speedy (after the initial db/icon loading at startup).

It's fun to play with.

Screenshot:

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/...88c4bb5407.png

Looks good!

Shendare 08-10-2015 12:19 AM

Thanks! I appreciate the appreciation. :)

rhyotte 08-10-2015 12:22 AM

Cool. Tagging in.

N0ctrnl 08-10-2015 08:28 AM

Very nice!

Shendare 08-10-2015 11:50 PM

There was a glitch with creating new items and with changing an item's id.

Release 1.0.1 has the fix.

Leetsauce 08-11-2015 09:49 AM

This looks legit. Thanks, Shendare. Gonna play with this this evening when I get home from work. I don't mind making the items through SQL or the Peq editor, but I'm always on the lookout for other tools to do stuff like this.

Maze_EQ 08-11-2015 10:17 AM

Throwback to Jamella's editor :)

Shendare 08-11-2015 05:48 PM

Had some downtime today and was able to get a bunch of glitch fixes and improvements in. Version 1.1 is up.

Release Notes:

Version 1.1 - 8/11/2015
  • Fixed: Error setting '[NumericField]' to ".
  • Fixed: "Lore Group: #1 (Oops!)" showing on new items
  • Fixed: Unrecognized tab could be populated with the same bunch of controls multiple times
  • Fixed: Smartened SQL encoding of various field types
  • Fixed: Added jpeg and removed targa from the Icon loader to match actual .Net support
  • Fixed: Vastly improved handling of app's edit-state and what item is being previewed/edited
  • Fixed: Handling of broken database connection at first startup
  • Fixed: Mismatched Preview of "Must Equip" and "Any Slot/Can Equip" click effect types
  • Added: Implemented cloning and deleting (with confirmation) multiple items at once
  • Added: Version number to window title
  • Improved: Better default values for some fields when creating New item from scratch
  • Improved: Unchangeable non-click spell effects on items now display as obviously unchangeable
  • Improved: Cloned items will now be named with a number after to denote that it's a duplicate
  • Improved: Clarified discard changes prompt for items where the ID has been changed

Shendare 08-11-2015 09:19 PM

Man, it's always something. 283 fields is a lot for one table. Quick bug fix.

#Release Notes:

8/11/2015 - Version 1.1.1

* Fixed: Set maximum lengths on text fields based on the columns in the database, to prevent errors saving when text is too long. The maximum lengths are not being sent over by the database (they show -1), so I had to hard-code them.

* Fixed: Waist and Ammo armor slot checkboxes weren't displaying correctly.

* Fixed: The New item button was confusing the search list and preview window. Straightened it out.

Akkadius 08-11-2015 10:27 PM

All I have to say is make sure your tool doesn't break if fields aren't present or new fields are added so that it does dynamic iteration and will live beyond schemes changes and doesn't need to be updated every time something happens to a field, other than that A+

Shendare 08-11-2015 10:32 PM

Yeah. It'll skip over any input fields that it can't find a column for in the table based on its name (textEditCharmFile == items.charmfile, listEditItemType == items.itemtype, etc.), and any leftover columns that it doesn't find input fields for it dumps as textboxes in the Unrecognized tab.

It also dynamically recognizes the type of each column (int, float, date, varchar) and formats inputs appropriately to avoid errors as much as possible.

Should work pretty well no matter what.

Akkadius 08-12-2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shendare (Post 242473)
Yeah. It'll skip over any input fields that it can't find a column for in the table based on its name (textEditCharmFile == items.charmfile, listEditItemType == items.itemtype, etc.), and any leftover columns that it doesn't find input fields for it dumps as textboxes in the Unrecognized tab.

It also dynamically recognizes the type of each column (int, float, date, varchar) and formats inputs appropriately to avoid errors as much as possible.

Should work pretty well no matter what.

A+

/10char

Shendare 08-13-2015 11:20 PM

It was noted to me that it isn't 100% clear what you're supposed to do once you enter your database info and icon folder in the Options screen.

Once the options are filled out, click Search. If the database was accessed successfully, the app will show "Loading . . ." and start loading in a list of item names and spell names to aid in the item editing process, then present you with the search screen.

If the database connection was unsuccessful, you'll be sent back to the Options screen.

I will make this process clearer by adding a "Test" button on the Options screen and an error/confirmation message depending on the results of the connection attempt.

Sorry for any confusion there. The process made sense in my head, but nobody has ESP to know what I was thinking when I made it.

N0ctrnl 08-14-2015 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shendare (Post 242532)
Sorry for any confusion there. The process made sense in my head, but nobody has ESP to know what I was thinking when I made it.

Sounds like you need a Tom Smykowski working for you!

Maze_EQ 08-14-2015 07:50 AM

He'd probably hire Michael Bolton and accidently replace a decimal point.

Always mundane details.

Shendare 08-14-2015 01:56 PM

Release Notes:

8/14/2015 - Version 1.1.2

* Fixed: The Slots checklist logic has been completely redone. It should no longer be flakey.

* Improved: Clarified the database connection process, which was somewhat obtuse before. There is now a Test Connection button below the database setting fields, and clicking it will result in a confirmation or error message, depending on the results of the connection test. You must test a new or modified connection before performing a search.

* Improved: After performing a search, the Search button will disable itself until you make a change to the search terms or database connection. This will prevent accidental multi-clicks and will let you know if a search was successfully performed and there were simply no matches.

Shendare 08-15-2015 02:50 PM

BTW, the one prerequisite for this app is the MySQL ODBC 5.3 Driver:

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

I installed it so long ago that I forgot it doesn't get installed by default along with MySQL. You'll get a "Data source not found and no default driver specified" error if you don't have the DB driver installed.

Shendare 09-08-2015 02:07 PM

Ack! Didn't realize I never uploaded the fix for post-SoF icons not loading and displaying.

#Release Notes:

8/19/2015 - Version 1.1.3

* Fixed: Post-SoF item icons in the icon folder will now load and display properly.

Shendare 09-13-2015 01:48 AM

Release Notes:

9/12/2015 - Version 1.2

* Added: Option to auto-set item Class restrictions when you choose an ItemType. Default is ON.

Note: Some items are exceptions to the standard class restrictions (e.g., Druids and scimitars). You'll need to add any non-standard classes to the restriction list after they're auto-set from itemtype.

* Added: Option to auto-set item 3D model when you choose an Item Icon. Default is ON.

Note: A good number of icons were made with a specific item model in mind. Those have been chosen where possible. Plenty weren't, though, and those I've tried to find the most appropriate model to represent. With some there simply isn't anything, though, so they get the default bag (IT63). I also was working with only SoF icons and models. It looks like options really opened up for non-weapon, non-armor icons and models with SoD or Underfoot.

* Improved: Search panel will no longer lose track of which item you're editing after an item is Saved.

* Improved: A successful Database test in Options will now automatically switch you to the Search screen.

* Changed: Now that there are more than just Database options, changed "Test Database" button to "Apply Settings".

Xaeyr 09-23-2015 05:35 PM

Hi all. I just downloaded this and it seems to be working great, but I can't seem to get the icons to load. I thought I had it pointed to the correct icons folder, but I guess not. What folder should it be pointed to?

Thanks!

Shendare 09-23-2015 05:50 PM

You should be able to point the icon folder to any location that has item icons in it, provided they're compatible graphics files (.png, .gif. .bmp). It won't work with the straight .tga or .dds dragitemxx files from your EQ game folder.

If you have your icons separated out into subfolders of the icons folder (blunt, slash, shields, etc.), the icon picker will sort them into categories in a drop-down for you.

If you need separate .png icons, one of the earlier releases included the item icons up through Secrets of Faydwer, separated into categories.

Xaeyr 09-23-2015 05:51 PM

Ah ok. Thank you. Loving this program!! :)

Shendare 09-23-2015 05:54 PM

Glad you're finding it useful!

I hope to eventually have a model picker similar to the icon picker, where you can choose, say, a two-hand-slash-sword icon and pick from pictures of all of the two-hand-slash models available in the game.

fault 04-17-2016 11:53 AM

Just wanted to say, Downloaded, works great. Pretty self explainatory, even someone without scripting knowledge would be able to use it

Fridgecritter 07-27-2017 03:18 PM

I would like to request a feature on this. I would like to be able to export an item to an sql file and insert the items later.

mmohon 11-22-2017 08:54 PM

I think Im missing something. I edit items, but nothing actually shows up in the game edited. Like I dont see new stats or anything. I'm very new so I might be missing a step.

Splose 11-23-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmohon (Post 256519)
I think Im missing something. I edit items, but nothing actually shows up in the game edited. Like I dont see new stats or anything. I'm very new so I might be missing a step.

Have you restarted your server or reloaded shared memory via #hotfix?

A bit late on this but this tool is pretty legit.. thanks a lot!

mmohon 11-23-2017 09:14 AM

Restarting server did it. Doh, feel like I shoulda known that.

phentop 12-23-2017 12:59 PM

I was getting a lot of errors trying to load the required MySQL-connector-odbc that the link takes you to. After trial and error - if you select an older version of the x64 version of the connector (ie.5.3.2) it will load and bypass all the errors. Love this editor. It saves a ton of time.

Tegila 03-31-2018 11:44 PM

got your editor to work after a lot of battling to get 5.3 installed, but i'm wondering if you have a way to change the same value on multiple items at one? I've been trying ot change the vendor prices on the entire lineup of defiant gear, and i'd really rather not have to do it in code. I havent found any editor including georges merchant tool, that actually lets you edit the prices of the items ON the merchants. Is there a secret way to use yours en masse? if price was on first tab it wouldnt be so bad, but click item then click tab then click price then paste then repeat, its a lot for as many as i need to change. i wouldnt be tryign ot change them all just some, if the prices werent so all over the place lol (some elegant stuff is cheaper than some crude etc)

GRUMPY 04-01-2018 03:08 AM

I use this editor myself, I like it a lot.
In the items table there is two columns to control the pricing of any items on merchants.
One is price and the other is sellrate. The sellrate value can, (and does) increase the base price you set
on an item. If the sellrate is set to 1, then it won't mod the base price. If you want a query to practice
with, it would be like this:

Code:

UPDATE items SET price = 100000 WHERE name LIKE '%crude defiant';
UPDATE items SET sellrate = 1 WHERE name LIKE '%crude defiant';

Of course you would need to add lines for the other named defiant gear.

Tegila 04-01-2018 10:15 PM

looks great for editing or creating new items and i'm sure I'll be using it for lot of things like that.

now that i've wrapped my mind around the structure of the coding at least the basics in sql, i wont be asking so many questions long as i can find the relevant columns etc.

i really like the editors. georges merchant one is soo much better than using sql to build an inventory for sure, and i sought this one out because his suite didnt have an item editor (the one he did have on his page wouldnt load for me) The spawn editor too will be useful. All these tools are great, but some things are just easier done in code if you know how to make it. Long way to go but glad i got past that initial learning leap with that part at least. Not overly familiar with what all is and isnt on the tables or where yet to know where to look for things like the sellrate, or to even look for it at all.

GRUMPY 04-09-2018 11:36 AM

I meant to post this "glitch" awhile back, but it's not a big issue for me. Just thought I would
mention it for anyone else who's interested in the info about it.

When I first started using the last available version of this editor, I was getting this run-time
error everytime I tried starting it.

https://image.ibb.co/dhyuCH/runtime_error.png

But as I soon discovered, all I have to do (each time I fire it up), is click the "Editor music off"
button and it works, no-fail. I have no big desire for solution, because it's only one extra "lazy"
click to do at the start screen. :P

https://image.ibb.co/mcWmRc/editor_start_screen.png

Uleat 04-09-2018 04:44 PM

You running a windows server os?

GRUMPY 04-09-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uleat (Post 258201)
You running a windows server os?

Yes, win 7 (64) I have the mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.10-winx64 installed as well.

Uleat 04-09-2018 08:06 PM

I can't remember which tool set..but, one of them had problems running on the server os due to a missing sound-related file that's not included, but..is present in the normal win os.

GRUMPY 04-09-2018 08:43 PM

Oh ok. Well, I've never worried too much about sound in any kind of program or software. As a preference,
I live in a home of peace and serenity, haha

https://image.ibb.co/buU1sH/Muted_Home.png

Uleat 04-09-2018 08:50 PM

Do they make those that work over a 25-mile radius!?

EDIT: Those darn transient vehicles are a pima!!

hawkbs 08-01-2018 06:43 AM

Does this work with MariaDB? I tried installing the ODBC connectors but it doesnt seem to want to work. Also got hold of the MariaDB ODBC Connectors installed them and nothing.

If someone knows how to get this to work with mariaDB please let me know exactly how you did it.