EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Can anyone point me to where I can find out how to set up static zones? (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38525)

moltke24 07-24-2014 09:59 AM

Can anyone point me to where I can find out how to set up static zones?

I've been looking around and found tons posts that are 4 years old and such, so I was just wondering if someone could link me a place where I can read up on how to set up static zones.

provocating 07-24-2014 11:13 AM

Things have not changed on how to do them. Beware though, static zones can actually be a problem I have found, some zones not as much as other. After days of a running a static zone I have noticed NPC's run out of unique names and quest issues like uninitialized values. It might be better to just set the shutdown delay of the zone to a high value, like an hour or two.

moltke24 07-24-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by provocating (Post 232181)
Things have not changed on how to do them. Beware though, static zones can actually be a problem I have found, some zones not as much as other. After days of a running a static zone I have noticed NPC's run out of unique names and quest issues like uninitialized values. It might be better to just set the shutdown delay of the zone to a high value, like an hour or two.

is there a formal instruction post on how to set up static zones or setting up shutdown delays or do i just have to read through all the posts until i can put all the pieces together to get a general understanding of what im doing

provocating 07-24-2014 11:41 AM

If you look at the zone table, notice a shutdowndelay column.

moltke24 07-24-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by provocating (Post 232183)
If you look at the zone table, notice a shutdowndelay column.

ya i think that's where im running into trouble, everyone keeps referencing this table and I'm not sure where that is at.

provocating 07-24-2014 12:49 PM

In your database?

demonstar55 07-24-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by provocating (Post 232181)

All zones should be able to be run as static (except for instances, which are by definition, not static) and if they can't, they should be considered broken and reported :P

moltke24 07-24-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by provocating (Post 232185)
In your database?

to access my database do i need to go to cmd prompt and type in peq something?

I remember my password and such but don't remember the log in command... I don't really know how to get to the database...

Nvm found the command: mysql -uroot -p peq, now once i have access to mysql is this where i get into the database?

vithmiris 07-24-2014 02:00 PM

Use HeidiSQL (http://www.heidisql.com/) or get the PEQDB editor setup on your box; this will make your life a lot easier.

provocating 07-24-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonstar55 (Post 232186)
All zones should be able to be run as static (except for instances, which are by definition, not static) and if they can't, they should be considered broken and reported :P

I did, here.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37379

provocating 07-24-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moltke24 (Post 232184)
ya i think that's where im running into trouble, everyone keeps referencing this table and I'm not sure where that is at.

Using HeidiSQL you could run this query and it will set the zones for hybrid static with a 30 minute timer. Double it for an hour....
Code:

-- Hybrid static zones
UPDATE `zone` SET `shutdowndelay` = '1800000'; -- 30 minutes

moltke24 07-24-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by provocating (Post 232191)
Using HeidiSQL you could run this query and it will set the zones for hybrid static with a 30 minute timer. Double it for an hour....
Code:

-- Hybrid static zones
UPDATE `zone` SET `shutdowndelay` = '1800000'; -- 30 minutes

So when i get on heidisql

i go to querey paste in
UPDATE `zone` SET `shutdowndelay` = '1800000';

and type each zone for the word "zone"
if this is the case is there a way to do all zones at once?

provocating 07-24-2014 03:14 PM

No, that query will get every single zone.

Yes, paste that in the query, make sure you have your database selected before you run it.

moltke24 07-24-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by provocating (Post 232193)
No, that query will get every single zone.

Yes, paste that in the query, make sure you have your database selected before you run it.

when you are refering to database, the data base contains
information_chema
mysql
peq
test

So i select the tab that contains all of those and then hit run for the query i just pasted in?

and if that's the case do i need to save it or anything or will it automatically save the changes once i exit heidisql

moltke24 07-24-2014 04:12 PM

i think its working!!! thank you so much in guiding me through all that!

(you're awsome :) )