EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Mob's buff window not showing spells (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40321)

Dremis 01-06-2016 08:07 PM

Mob's buff window not showing spells

Was playing this morning with my son and everything was fine. came home from work and suddenly spells aren't showing up on mobs anymore. They still work, but no spell icon or timer in the mobs buff window.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dremis 01-19-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatedogEZ (Post 246436)
Guessing you don't have the rule set to true or missing the rule from the database. (by default in source its false)

If you use other rulesets besides 1.. make sure to add rules for each set
Code:

INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'true', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');

This was missing from my rule_values table. I added it for every rule set. However spells still don't show up in the target window for mobs. They show for other players, pets and mercs but not for mobs. This make root/rotting and kiting difficult. (I still can cause I'm old school but new players like my son can't)

So any other ideas?

N0ctrnl 01-20-2016 12:34 AM

What expansions do you have enabled?

Dremis 01-20-2016 06:56 AM

All of them also using RoF client.

Dremis 01-21-2016 06:33 PM

Still looking for help.

Warking 03-11-2016 03:57 PM

I have the same issue. and I already added the rule value entry as indicated here. Can someone tell me what the proper RoF/2 expansion should be set as so I can rule out that issue.

This is what I have listed for expansions for RoF/2. Is this correct?

In Variables Table:

in Rule_Values

World:ExpansionSettings

Nightrider84 03-11-2016 06:09 PM

Before going technical with everything im assuming you have tried using a different version of the game to make sure its not a UI problem?

NatedogEZ 03-11-2016 06:27 PM

Make sure the zone you are testing in uses the correct rule set. (In the zone table)

Warking 03-11-2016 08:56 PM

I reset the UI by deleting the default IU folder then sourcing the UI from the steam client copy directly. Still nothing in the buff window.

By default i did not have the Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs in the table. I added it by:

Code:

INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'true', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');
INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (2, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'true', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');
INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (3, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'true', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');
INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (4, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'true', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');
INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (5, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'true', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');
INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (6, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'true', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');
INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (10, 'Spells:AlwaysSendTargetBuffs', 'true', 'Allows the server to send the targets buffs ignoring the LAA.');

Note: The target buff window works when I cast on players or myself. Just not when casting on NPC's

ionhsmith 03-12-2016 03:25 PM

I have the same issue. I also noticed that I cannot see the buffs on bots as well however when I log into my GM i can see it on the bots.

monteros 05-15-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N0ctrnl (Post 246595)
What expansions do you have enabled?

Up to Luclin