EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Eyes are not KOS because of (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42453)

CrankWar 05-15-2019 01:28 AM

Eyes are not KOS because of

I would like eyes to be treated as the player would be like pets are, but also even when someone is FD unlike pets.

Where would I go about changing this behavior in the spell file or in the assembly files like aggro.h?

I can't find the exact location that it decides to make it not KOS.

I made the spell file identical to a pet and though it followed me around and I didnt bind sight to it, it was still not getting aggroed. So assumedly this is hard coded somewhere, anyone know the spot?

Thanks!

FievelMousey 05-15-2019 01:11 PM

pets only get AGGRO if made to attack or OWNER pulls aggro and dont think you going get this did.

CrankWar 05-15-2019 08:54 PM

Ah sorry for the misinterpretation.

I am saying I want mobs to use the players Faction and kill on sightness to determine if an eye from the spell Eye of Zomm is aggroed or not (the same mechanic as a pet gets) It currently is ignored, but I kind of want the pulling mechanics like P99 has with it.

I am sure its somewhere in this beast, but I am having issues spotting it:
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...zone/aggro.cpp

Huppy 05-15-2019 09:22 PM

Could you flag the eye with a player's faction in a global EVENT_SPAWN script ? - Eye of Zomm - npc_types (644) SummonEye (just barking at the wind here), lol

FievelMousey 05-15-2019 11:58 PM

Wouldnt EYE have be flagged as a PLAYER pull aggro just because a pet sitting at a KOS mob it wont get attacked unless player is attacked to? I have never heard a pet pulling aggro to a player is on aggro list and a PET has be told ATTACK get aggro otherwise.

CrankWar 05-16-2019 08:46 AM

Hmm! That is not a bad idea Huppy. It definitely just seems like there must be a standard line of aggro that like a mage pet takes to be aggroed. I know for sure at some points all pets shared player aggro attributes (often worse because of the reduced level) if that is not how it works now.

chrsschb 05-16-2019 09:25 AM

If the Eye is KOS, what the hell is the point of the spell?

CrankWar 05-16-2019 01:51 PM

I think maybe if I just remove the GetOwner() check here:

Code:

(mob->GetPrimaryFaction() != GetPrimaryFaction() && mob->GetPrimaryFaction() == -4 && GetOwner() == nullptr)

Code:

// Make sure they're still in the zone
        // Are they in range?
        // Are they kos?
        // Are we stupid or are they green
        // and they don't have their gm flag on
        int heroicCHA_mod = mob->itembonuses.HeroicCHA/25; // 800 Heroic CHA cap
        if(heroicCHA_mod > THREATENLY_ARRGO_CHANCE)
                heroicCHA_mod = THREATENLY_ARRGO_CHANCE;
        if (RuleB(Aggro, UseLevelAggro) &&
        (
        //old InZone check taken care of above by !mob->CastToClient()->Connected()
        (
                ( GetLevel() >= RuleI(Aggro, MinAggroLevel))
                ||(GetBodyType() == 3)
                ||( mob->IsClient() && mob->CastToClient()->IsSitting() )
                ||( mob->GetLevelCon(GetLevel()) != CON_GRAY)

)
        &&
        (
                (
                        fv == FACTION_SCOWLS
                        ||
                        (mob->GetPrimaryFaction() != GetPrimaryFaction() && mob->GetPrimaryFaction() == -4 && GetOwner() == nullptr)
                        ||
                        (
                                fv == FACTION_THREATENLY
                                && zone->random.Roll(THREATENLY_ARRGO_CHANCE - heroicCHA_mod)
                        )
                )
        )
        )
        )
        {
                //FatherNiwtit: make sure we can see them. last since it is very expensive
                if(CheckLosFN(mob)) {
                        Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Aggro, "Check aggro for %s target %s.", GetName(), mob->GetName());
                        return( mod_will_aggro(mob, this) );
                }
        }

Then I can get pets being aggro'd I will let you know.

CrankWar 05-16-2019 01:54 PM

Ah its the good old days on live where the holgresh elder beads were a pulling tool, haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrsschb (Post 262523)
If the Eye is KOS, what the hell is the point of the spell?

FievelMousey 05-16-2019 09:48 PM

if that works people can AFK pet kill very easy park a pet way from them let it rip mobs to shreds not a good ideal and that not cheating

Huppy 05-17-2019 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FievelMousey (Post 262531)
if that works people can AFK pet kill very easy park a pet way from them let it rip mobs to shreds not a good ideal and that not cheating

AFK killing in Everquest ? That's absurd ;)

Anyways, I was playing around with that eye last night, (in my own little custom ways), and had some fun with it. First, I created a mage and put the eye on the same faction as the toon, then went into a couple kos zones and it didn't do a thing for aggro. I even put the eye on a kos(79) faction, but still nothing. So I assume it's a "pet thing" in the source code, which seems logical. But something else I played with, was increasing the buff timer on it, so I was able to scout around with the eye for alot longer. Then I set it up to just follow me around, like a "familiar", without ever expiring. There was no buff icon in the window under that scenario though. I like screwing around with things on a test box, once in awhile, to take a break from the normal grind of staring at a database, lol

CodyF86 05-20-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrankWar (Post 262526)
Then I can get pets being aggro'd I will let you know.

Did this change in code work by chance?

CrankWar 05-21-2019 03:06 PM

I have yet to rebuild the code and test. Most likely I will instead say IsPet() or something for the check though once I attempt it. I have a feeling that yest its in the aggro code itself.