EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   LAA/RAA - Scaling (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33258)

WillowyLady 03-31-2011 03:30 PM

LAA/RAA - Scaling

Don't know if it is just me, but the amount of LAA/RAA awarded seems rather high. I seem to remember that on live it took what seemed forever and an age to acquire LAA / RAA.

I have had a trawl through tables to find a field where the values can be tweaked, but nothing obvious has jumped out, as yet!

Would be grateful if a kindly and/or knowledgable soul could point me in right direction.

Thanks again.

;)

Derision 03-31-2011 03:47 PM

You can alter:
Code:

Character:KillsPerGroupLeadershipAA
Character:KillsPerRaidLeadershipAA

in the rule_values table.

If you don't have rows for those rule_names in that table, do a #rules store in game (on a GM account) and they should appear in the table.

The default in the source is 250 dark blue (or higher) kills per AA point.

Raid Leadership AA is not implemented however, only Group Leadership AA.

WillowyLady 03-31-2011 04:00 PM

Ah thanks for that, could not see the wood for the trees .. ;)

Here is what I had in rule_values table.

Code:

1 Character:KillsPerGroupLeadershipAA 50
1 Character:KillsPerRaidLeadershipAA 50

No wonder GLAA was flying up!

WillowyLady 04-03-2011 06:56 AM

Another small, yet annoying matter has come to light, purchasing GLAA. It is only possible for me to save up to 4 GLAA points. Some GLAA cost > 4 GLAA points.

Spell Awareness 6
HoTT 7

Therefore, as that stands it is not possible for me to save up for these 2 items.

Also, if I do not purchase before dinging 4 GLAA the purchase option is greyed out. Effectively GLAA become "locked". If the option to purchase is left "ON" the following messages are spammed on gaining XP, this would appear to be normal.

"You have reached the maximum number of unused group leadership points."

"You must spend some points before you can receive any more experience."

Is there a field in the database were these values can be tweaked?

1) The maximum value of GLAA that can be saved before purchase.

2) A value / flag to prevent the option to purchase becoming locked on reaching maximum saved value.

Derision 04-03-2011 09:33 AM

I can't reproduce the bug with 'greying out the purchase button'.

As for the max banked points, it is hardcoded in the source to match the client and is level dependent.

In the Leadership window, where it says 'Group Points, x of y', the 'of y' bit is determined by the client.

You could alter the source to let you bank more if you wanted. The relevant bit of code is at the top of zone/exp.cpp:
Code:

static uint32 MaxBankedGroupLeadershipPoints(int Level)
{
        if(Level < 35)
                return 4;

if(Level < 51)
                return 6;

return 8;
}

WillowyLady 04-04-2011 07:34 PM

Thanks, where in the DB is the info on GLAA stored, I had a good rot though DB tables but have drawn a blank..:rolleyes:

provocating 04-05-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derision (Post 198080)
The default in the source is 250 dark blue (or higher) kills per AA point.

So you are saying these values in the Rules table should be 250? Mine was also set to 50.

Derision 04-05-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by provocating (Post 198209)
So you are saying these values in the Rules table should be 250? Mine was also set to 50.

You can set them to whatever you feel is appropriate for your server :)

IIIRC when I implemented this, I set the value to 50, and then subsequently it was felt on PEQ that leadership XP was being gained too fast, so the default was changed in the source to 250, however the original value of 50 must have been retained in the public PEQ database releases.

provocating 04-05-2011 03:28 PM

But 250 is more "live" like, is what i am guessing you are saying.